The Zodiac Nation is recruiting!

Discussion in 'Classifieds & Ads' started by outerlocal, Mar 24, 2016.

1. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +567
    The Zodiac Nation is recruiting!

We’re looking for friendly, dedicated and talented players to join the Quorum: the management team for our nation.

[​IMG]

Founded back in 2011, the Zodiac Nation is one of the most well-respected, largest and oldest active nations on ECC. What started as the single town of Gemenon soon expanded to a 13 colony, collaborative mega-nation project, bringing together the expertise of players from across the server and spanning over 25 towns. Now approaching it's 5 year anniversary, we are looking for fresh input to help the nation continue to function and grow.

Quorum delegates will join myself and @Joliver in making our latest project, the ECC EXPO Centre a reality. Once completed this huge complex will act as a first-class venue for exhibitions, festivals and events throughout the year. We hope to open the doors to the EXPO centre this summer with the highly anticipated 'World Festival', but we've still got a long way to go, and we need your help to complete it on time.

Whilst previously we have had quorum delegates assigned to individual towns, we would like to trial a different management approach, instead assigning delegates specific roles. The list of roles we are looking for can be found below.​

Fundraising Officer:
    A fundraising officer is responsible for raising funds towards our projects. This is perhaps the single most important role as all of our projects depend on it. You will likely work closely with the events officer to host fundraising events. Applicants must have a confident, likeable personality and be able to build lasting relationships with donors.

Events Officer:
    The Zodiac nation is known for it's busy events calendar. We regularly host seasonal events throughout the year, including the 'Wintersday' festival around Christmas, the colourful 'Midsummer Festival' across June and July and 'Colonial Day' in April. We wish to continue to provide high quality events to the server, and require an events officer to make this happen. With our guidance you'll be responsible for organising events within our towns, including but not limited to decorating and hosting games and giveaways.

Development Officer:
    The development officer will work closely with myself and @Joliver on our building projects, helping to carry out our visions and making our projects a reality. It is important that applicants have adequate building skills and precision, being able to follow instructions carefully. Fly would also be a major advantage, although not necessarily a requirement.

Recruitment Officer:
    The recruitment officer will be responsible for recruiting players to join our towns. In this position you will be acting a face for the nation, and therefore must have a friendly, approachable and likeable personality. You will preferably have some experience of previous town management. Being trustworthy is of the upmost importance.

Creative Director:
    This unique role revolves around the continuation of the zodiac story. We are looking for a talented individual to assist @outerlocal with the creative process. Duties will be based both on the forums and ingame and will include (but not limited to) the creation of videos, stories and ingame events. Any relevant experience would be useful, but most important is that applicants have a basic knowledge of the zodiac story and an enthusiasm for it's continuation.

If you would like to apply to any of the positions listed above, please fill out the application form below. In the case that multiple worthy candidates apply to the same role, both may be accepted in a joint role share.

Please note, all positions are unpaid. By joining the Quorum you are becoming part of a team dedicated to creating a thriving nation, not making a profit. Myself and @Joliver do not make any profit from our nation. Everything that we earn through selling houses/donations goes straight back into our projects. It is important that anybody who joins this team carries that same attitude.

Application Form:

Name:

Position Applying For:

Why do you want to join the zodiac team?:

What relevant experience do you have?:

What do you think sets you apart from others ECC players?:

What is your availability (When/hour long online)?:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Do we pm you or do we just post in here? :)

Good luck in your search :D

3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Name:
    OlympiansAreGods

Ecoleader

Position Applying For:
    Development and Recruitment Officer

I've always wanted to join the zodiac nation, from when I first started and I'm sure I've told you and joli many a time. Ive always wanted to help out, build and generally make it strive more than it has before.

Well, I've built for a lot of people, I've always gotten positive feedback, if I do get criticism I can work around the obstacles. I am positive I have the building skills required to help build, I have built 1/2 houses in Sagittaron and replicated a house from Tauron. I have also been mayor/co - mayor of many successful nations/towns so I have a lot of experience helping users get plots, making sure they are not there to grief.

I have great building skills, I am generally a kind/fair player when it comes to users needing my help. I usually go out my way to help new players as I feel that new players make ECC go round. I am able to follow instructions to the last dot. I am also able to work well in a team, and even keep a team together. My vision is to keep the once great towns, even greater! I have a lot of basic knowledge as well as advanced knowledge of the server. I've had no bans or complaints for scamming and would never dream of scamming. I will admit, I am far from perfect. I have had a couple bans for stupid things that could have been avoided but I am trying my hardest to become the person I once was. A much too helpful person who doesn't let my temper get the better of me. I am always willing to invest countless hours to insure that the Zodiac Empire becomes the striving elegant grace it was 2 years ago!

5+ hours on weekdays and 7+ on weekends

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 OlympiansAreGods, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  4. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Ideally post below but if you don't want to publicly share it then you're welcome to message me personally :)

#4 outerlocal, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  5. P1ppen

P1ppen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    Name: P1ppen

Position Applying For: Creative Director

Why do you want to join the zodiac team?: A Job in a well respected Nation would be great for me; reliable and will give me the experience I need to one day start my own town

What relevant experience do you have?: I have built houses for other players, and I am a decent builder

What do you think sets you apart from others ECC players?: I can build well. not well for my age, but actually fairly well of I say so myself

What is your availability (When/hour long online)?: from eight till about nine thirty most evenings up until June, when I go on holiday for three months and will be completely free

6. LSGDoc

LSGDoc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +263
    Name:LSGdoc

Position Applying For: events officer

Why do you want to join the zodiac team?: because ive seen the project expo and wanted to help in some way ever since i saw the project expo

What relevant experience do you have?: i can build a decent cheep but efficient wood houses

What do you think sets you apart from others ECC players?: im the only LSGdoc and im friendly to others

What is your availability (When/hour long online) on monday-friday [late august to early june] 3-8 pm june to august mostly 8am-10pm weekends 2pm to 6pm

7. Bash100

Bash100 :^)
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,782
    Name:

@Bashdash100

Super Moderator, Tycoon, Survivor, Captain, VIP.

Position Applying For:

Fundraising Officer/ Events Officer.

The Zodiac nation never ceases to amaze me, the time and work put in to make such a project is more than admirable. To join this team would be an honour.

I have plenty of experience in maintaining towns, and keeping a solid relationship with my town members. I co-mayor multiple towns, as well as running my own nation, Meow Nation. I've hosted many events in the past such as PvP tournaments, Spleef, Trivia, Hide & Seek and more. I have a few ideas, and I hope I can use them to assist the nation in making the needed funds.

My time on staff has also given me hours of experience in dealing with a range of players. I hope that I may use this to my advantage if I'm accepted for this position.

Whilst I'm not a master builder, I'll be more than willing to help out with building and other jobs when needed.

Whilst we're on equals in applying for this, I believe my time on staff has helped me maintain a positive attitude and a healthy relationship with many players.

What is your availability (When/hour long online)?: Here's my schedule for the week. Please keep in mind that it often springs away from these times.

Monday - Friday. Usually within the hours of 4pm - 11pm NZST.
    Saturday - Sunday. Anywhere from the early hours of the morning, to my weekday hours.

Thank you for considering me for this position. I hope that I'll be able to join this amazing team and contribute my experience to expand this nation even more! Best of luck to the other applicants. :)

Please note that I will be inactive for the next 4 days because of a wedding I have to go to. Apologies in advance if I'm unable to get back to you instantly because of this.

#7 Bash100, Mar 24, 2016
  8. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Name: @jmichael214

Position Applying For: Development

Why do you want to join the zodiac team?: Recently became active again, and I don't really enjoy running my towns as much as I enjoy building them. Really, building and the social element are the main thing I like about the game. I frequently prefer building for other people to actually using the towns I own. I think I own 11. Maybe 10. EDIT: I must like the idea you're presenting, because I've spent like ten minutes on this application. :)

What relevant experience do you have?: I built the Lancaster group of towns from nothing to (at that time) the most active city on the server. If you /warp lancaster, most of the .. wait, let me think ... all of the buildings you can see from the warp zone were built by me, except for the train machinery in the train station, and the lion. I've served as mod/supermod, and built myself a palace in a spawntown I bought, to have something to do while I watched chat and yelled at people. You can /warp zenith to see it. It's ... large. Also, I built four or five of the buildings in the server lobby, including the blue skyscraper the main ECC portal is set into, and the suspension bridge behind it. I've won a spooky build contest. I built three of the sections of the current tutorial at spawn, as well as the giant "welcome" sign. I have a thing for giant, backlit signs. Oh, and I conducted a $5.2 million fundraiser once, but that wasn't much fun. I don't want to be a fundraiser.

What do you think sets you apart from others ECC players?: I think I'm one of the best builders currently active on the server, in terms of experience and talent. I'm not going to claim to be the best there is, but I'm up there. You mentioned precision -- if you take a close look at the palace at Zenith -- and don't do this, because it's 200x200, just take my word for it -- it is perfectly symmetrical on both the x and the y axis, even most of the parts of it that are deep underground that only I can access. God knows why I did that, but it's literally a 200-block by 200-block, perfectly symmetrical palace. At any rate -- I would quickly get bored with "please fill this space with dirt," or "build this framework for us exactly like this," but I'm very good at things like "we could really use a massive stadium here," and then you come back a week later and it's just ... there. Also, the Lancaster thing, staff work, and the lobby project are all times I've worked as a member of a team. I've been staff, I've been owner of a massive, active city. I don't want to be in charge of anything, I just like major build projects. :)

What is your availability (When/hour long online)?: generally between 7pm and 12am, Eastern daylight time. Sometimes on during the day on weekends, sometimes not. I work a very time-consuming, stressful job during the week and on Saturdays sometimes, which can eat into playing time.

Anyway, sounds like a nice project, I'd be happy to chip in. Oh, and I have no interest in making money off of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #8 jmichael214, Mar 24, 2016
  9. Joliver

Joliver Zodiac Nation President
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +199
    Bump - we will be making decisions for the first round of acceptances soon!

10. Whammerist5

Whammerist5 ø☗ø Guardian ø☗ø
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +839
    I'm a wee bit confused.
    I was originally part of the Quorum for Saggitaron and its builder program, but that program when inactive, and after a while, I was removed from the town.
    I loved helping out while I was with you all!
    Am I still a part of this?
    It doesn't seem like we're doing this by town, and I can't find my name anywhere here.

11. Whammerist5

Whammerist5 ø☗ø Guardian ø☗ø
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +839
    Name:
    Whammerist5

Mayor [$$]

Position Applying For:
    Fundraising and Recruitment Officer

You all are very fun to work with, and I'd love to be a part of the team again! My nation has become mainly inactive, and I feel I could be more devoted to this nation than I once was! You guys run a beautiful nation which has always been an inspiration for me, and I truly love what you all do!

Like stated above, I once worked with you guys as an early member of the Quorum, and have experience running my own large nation with @luccowarleo! I recruited for you all, and would love to do it again! I have been able to develop my people skills on ECC a lot, with my experience with the nations of Gemstone, the Zodiac, as well as the Bank of Babylon! My bank management experience should also help me with fundraising and money handling! I work with Team Vanguard as well, which is an up and coming organization of players trying to make ECC a better place! Some others from this origination include, @oootopia, @BuildsByGideon, @Smeefy, as well as @RandomCat7.

What do you think sets you apart from others ECC players?
    :

Positives about me:
    - Worked with the Zodiac and Quorum before (though I must admit, I was not as active with you guys as I should've been)
    - Great money handling skills, developed by working with the Bank of Babylon (currently worth 1.5mil) as well as co-owning and selling plots to a 7 town nation
    - Great people skills, as shown by my work with my bank, Team Vanguard, the Gemstone Nation, The Zodiac Nations, as well as other organizations in the past, like the Fairy Tail guild, and Team Obey.
    - Honesty and maturity

Negatives about me:
    - Not as high ranked as other applications
    - Spent less time on ECC, and have been a member for only a fairly short time compared to other applicants
    - Not very good with building (okay, extremely bad at building :p)
    - I'll admit, I wasn't as effective my first time around with the Zodiac, and truly do wish I had been a better driving force with Saggitaron and its builder program.

Eastern Standard Time: (-5.00 GMT, -0500)
    I am a public school student, so I am not able to get on 7:00 AM -2:00 PM on weekdays.
    I try to manage 1 or 2 hours each day when am I involved with activities such as this one.
    On weekends, I can usually get up to 3 and a half hours in, maybe 4 when I really need to.

#11 Whammerist5, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  12. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Thank you for all your applications. @Joliver and I will be making our final decisions shortly.

13. AquaphinaX

AquaphinaX Builder

Ratings:
    +11
    Imma taurus...does that mean i can live in tauron?

14. LSGDoc

LSGDoc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +263
    *Bump i am now a mayor*

15. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +87
    Name:
    Samurai_N

Mayor

Position Applying For:
    Development officer or events officer

Because I admire the amount of work that has been done to create the nation and I would like to help it advance even more.

I have played a major part in organizing many of my school events since middle school and continued to until grade 10.

I'm that kid in the squad that is the only organized one and tries to get everyone else back on track.

Since it's summer usually about 3 hours minimum I'll be online but I don't know when. And I can be on minechat for most of the day when needed. My schedule however is not concrete because my dad makes a lot of surprise family outings that I usually have to be a part of.

16. Stormogeddin

Stormogeddin Builder

Ratings:
    +67
    Name:
    Stormogeddin

President

Position Applying For:
    Creative director

When I first joined the forums one of the first things I read was from the Zodiac Nation, I was instantly intrigued by the whole thing and aspired to be like you some day. Almost a year ago I was appointed as the Delegate of Sagittaron on a trial basis for an eventual transfer to another of the Zodiac Nations, unfortunately the builder program we had there never picked up steam as there were very few new players showing up at the time, additionally the fact that I was running of an extremely old laptop at the time didn't help. Now with a high end PC paired with the rumors of a merge with The Arkham Network, I am finally ready to dedicate the majority of my time on ECC the the Zodiac Nations.
    My superior knowledge and deep interest with the Zodiac Nations, as well as my previous history with the you guys makes me stand out among other candidates. I have read all the Zodiac lore at least twice and after posting I will go over it all once more to ensure that I will be prepared to help you continue the Zodiac story and to hold it to the highest quality standards. Side note; I take AP English classes so I have considerably high writing quality.

I am typically available from 4 p.m. to 7-8 p.m. most weekdays, and 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. on weekends provided I'm not busy, which I am not 9 times out of 10.
    P.S. These times are Pacific standard time, about 8 hours behind London.