Denied [Suggestion] - Give /tpa to everyone but add a cooldown

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NossaFlossa, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    Even with the feat I don't use it that much, so i think having a cooldown of that small of size is basically giving the feat to everyone, I'm not unhappy if its not a total copy, but that seems a bit close to the real tpa.

Just my opinion.

Edit: builders even less. I see them want to use tpa once to tpa their friends, and from there they just stick together. Also, this would basically be a half length cooldown because one friend could tpa and the other could tpahere.

#21 padsen, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    And if they split up again? need an erep? thats going to happen within 4-6 hours lol and i dont think they would be on that long to make use of a 4-6 hour cooldown. they would probably use it 1-3 times with a 15-30 min cooldown and be offline to make up for that 4-6 cooldown.

#22 Capbo_, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I mean, there are some good points for the other part of this fight. I mean, some of y’all are making good points.

But may we add that the main reason someone posted this is because other server have tp, and they don’t want to pay for it? I mean, some of these points make a lot of sense. But sadly, I think the main drive to this isn’t going to be if tp makes lag or causes grief or things, but just to try to get a feature back.

I mean I payed for that feature, and I understand why most people support this. Either A. They have good points or B. They just want the feature. And I’m afraid a lot of people fall in group B.

4. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I also decided to @314 this by looking up any suggestions of this topic. And it has been brought up a lot and denied.

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/tpa.151411/
    Reason: @andrewkm posted “Won’t Happen” and closed the thread
    Time: 2016

This brought up a lot of reasons, and I suggest you read through it. But it always seems history is going to repeat, because the EXACT same idea has been suggested. So let’s just cut to the chase and wait for Jamie or Andrew to either accept or deny this thread.

5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    We do have a model for this.
    Water, you can place water once a minute now for free. I personally have seen a lot less rage and a lot less quitting over having to pay for water even with these limitations.
    Allowing tp with a cool down gives users some sort of gameplay experience without paying for it via feature or via player service, they still need to pay to get unlimited use, but imo this would allow them to at least start to enjoy ECC before deciding whether to pay for it.
    I'm for it TBH, sure I paid for it. But I paid for ease of unlimited use, I really don't mind at all if there is limited use for free.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    +1 this is a good idea but 10-15 min cooldown max

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    How about we just don't add a cooldown, yeah I get it we need funds for the server. Every other server has tp no limits.. it sucks we have to add a price tag to everything that shouldn't have one.. but I guess we have to pay for the server some how..

8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    I agree i mean i could care less if they made tpa free even tho i paid for it wouldn't bother me 1 bit if it makes the server better same for water lava ect

#28 jwpwns, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  9. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Yeah I could honestly care less if this means ECC gets back to the times of 200+ players

10. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ^

11. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    As much as I wanna say that I agree that it shouldn’t be long, I know there will be people complaining of it was short.

I know people complained about the ability to use water without the feature, but those without the feature couldn’t place ice or place long lines of water fast (for farms).

The difference between water and /tpa is that coord tp has less magnitude compared to water and is much more expensive (thus would have many, many more people complaining about it).

In my opinion, 6 hours seems perfect as it limits it a lot to make the feature worthwhile, but enough where everybody can use it.

12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    +1
    Don't have a cooldown either, Instead of having 3 tiers for tp, just make it two.
    Sure the people who bought all three are out of a tier feat. I personally am not fussed. I hate the fact there is 3+ tiers for everything like each tiny feature is squeezing money out of your wallet.

Id prefer less tiers and more bang for your Tier (More in each feature)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #32 Mission001, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  13. FollowerJesus

FollowerJesus FollowerOfChrist
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +27
    I love the idea but thjs could either bring people or send them away. People that bought all three tiers will want their money back for the tier 1(most). And when people "donate to the server" they dont care about donating only getting a feature(most).

14. FollowerJesus

Ratings:
    +27
    This is rarly seen, Ive only seen it once and i joined when ecc was at its top. This is like saying I would commit suiside. Its not going to happen.

15. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    +1 keep it with a cool down (but don’t be generous either), let them get their feet wet in the server and help them understand how the server works. I see things like “free builder towns” and such and I don’t think that’s the way to do it. By getting the builders as quickly up the learning curve as possible would help them enjoy it more in the long run<- this means showing them that they will have to work hard for their loot, the server rewards hard workers and that’s what they need to understand, not just be given handouts at every corner

16. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    I'd say 20 minute. Very long, but not frustratingly long.

#36 EraNow, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  17. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Meh.... I wouldn't give a Damn. No cooldown? Cool. Oh the thing I spent money on 2 years ago is slightly less worth it? Sucks. I wouldn't quit over that, and nobody would. If you've spent money on a server, that's a pretty big bond. Maybe the people who bought tp a week or so before the change, sure maybe give em a giftcard AT MOST. You already paid for tp, you can't get it back. Also, I think this cooldown would be great! I remember how happy some of my friends were when the water cooldown happened (obviously the ones who didn't have water). the tp cooldown would a great thing all around. Unless people who bought tp get a cooldown as well. :p

18. FollowerJesus

Ratings:
    +27
    I agree but not everyone is like you @IceyErem. Now this would bring people in, and most people would stay. To be honest there is probobly only one person I met in ecc that may leave bc of it.

19. FollowerJesus

Ratings:
    +27
  20. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628