Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +85
    As we all know, EXP is not worth as much as it used to be. It would be nice if EXP was worth more. It would be good to get the exp market going again.
    Suggestion:
    To start off, something needs to be added to give players a use for exp. Right now, there is very little demand for exp other than the exp collector medal, or the occasional builder who wants to make a tool. So I'm suggesting adding items that can be bought with exp.
    I think a tool that destroys glass extremely fast should be purchasable with exp. Everyone hates breaking glass, and this would be a great way to solve two problems.

A tool that breaks sponges fast would also be awesome, but should not cost a crazy amount of exp.
    I think the star armor, star pvp sword, and star bow should be purchasable with exp, some absurd amount of course though. I PERSONALLY don't know anyone who bought this armor or bow. I have only seen one person with the sword trying to sell it. I don't think there must be a lot of them in existence. I don't like the idea of star tools being bought with exp though, because there are a already so many out there and it would drastically decrease their price, but I don't think as many people have the armor, sword, or bow, so I don't think it would cause as much turmoil as a star tool would.
    Another good way to spend exp would be allowing users to pay in exp to place water, pyro, or to tp once the eula is being enforced. Make it cost a reasonable amount of exp per tp, water, or pyro placement. Of course players that have the features already or buy the features with in game money will be able to keep them and not have to spend exp to use them. This is mainly for users who cannot afford to buy the full feature themselves or don't have a source to spend their exp and just use it to place water/fire/tp. (Credit to @OctavianCloud)

This would help keep the builders who want to place water for their farms stay on the server, and reduce the amount of exp circulating around.
    If you have any other suggestions on what other items should be purchasable with EXP PLEASE post them below and I will throw them up here if you are okay with that. As for how much exp these tools should cost, that will be decided if this suggestion even gets positive attention from the staff.
    Now, I think something must also be done to, not really limit the amount of exp coming in, but make it player regulated.
    Mobs in the nether should also drop double exp due to the pvp aspect in the world. (Making players risk a lot to farm exp there, and making it player regulated. Someone can either farm the exp themseleves or destroy the spawner to reduce the supply)
    As for the end, when it is released, I would like to see exp enabled except for the dragon. (Because there once again will be pvp so people can kill you and there is a great risk)
    As for fishing... I think exp should be lowered or eliminated since there is no risk. I do however think the price of fish should be raised slightly to compensate the less exp.

These are my thoughts, any other suggestions on changes of earning Exp are welcomed down below!
    I'd really appreciate your feedback, so please leave a comment below!! :)

#1 RaNdOm_CrAfTeR, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    I wouldn't mind seeing the star armor and weapons purchasable with large amounts of exp. It won't really affect the netherstar market, and they already sell far below the cost to purchase them with netherstars.

3. UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Why make all these nerfs though? You're literally just proposing a regressive policy that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer while having no impact on EXP prices in the long run.

EXP has been nerfed a lot already anyway and there's been little to no impact on EXP prices. Supply side solutions are obviously not working and they'll just cause more harm than good.

What's so bad about low EXP prices anyway?

• Agree x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 UnitedStates2, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  4. LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai

Ratings:
    +372
    Guess I should read the whole post. No to this because of what the guy above me said.

The aspects looking to increase player demand for exp are on the right track. (not saying they are a solution, but it is the right direction.)

5. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
    @LJKAzrael @UnitedStates2 Just curious, what do you guys dislike about the bottom part of the suggestion and what can I do it is to make it a better suggestion? Thank you for your feedback!

#5 RaNdOm_CrAfTeR, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  6. UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I've already explained why.

7. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
    Okay, would you mind defining what a regressive policy is? I see you post it on every single exp suggestion for limiting the ways of obtaining exp, but this doesn't really limit the ways of obtaining exp, if anything there are more ways, and ways that players can control. Thank you.

8. kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    a regressive policy is a policy that only serves to worsen the situation. Regress is the opposite of progress. In this case, lowering the XP supply is a regressive policy, because it doesn't fix anything when there's no demand to begin with. It just serves to lower the amount of money new players can make with mining and such.

#8 kukelekuuk, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
    Okay thank you for clearing that up. You are much much smarter than me with supply and demand stuff, so what could I do to this suggestion to make it less regressive? I feel like I'm suggesting better ways to earn more exp, not really limiting it. Would really appreciate your knowledge in helping me fix this. :) Thank you.

10. LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai

Ratings:
    +372
    The ability to purchase star items, omitting star tools, is an example of a progressive standpoint. It seeks to increase demand by creating a use for the experience.

11. kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    to keep it simple, supply is xp that gets generated, and demand is xp that gets removed from circulation. To keep things from being regressive we shouldn't be touching the supply, the XP gain. But we should be touching the demand, the xp removal. This can be done in multiple ways, such as the ability to purchase certain things with xp, and the ability to sell xp to the server.

12. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
  13. OctavianCloud Builder

Ratings:
    +54
    I have a better idea for exp use. Let exp be how you can purchase certain features in the future. Like Water and Pyro should cost so much exp. It would create a demand for exp which would increase the price a bit but also help with the problem of feature prices that is being talked about all over currently.

Some features should still cost ecd but basics like water and pyro should just cost exp, the original reasoning behind those even being purchases instead of just allowed was to prevent griefing. That dont seem to be a huge problem anymore with those features though, but making them something you have to earn via collecting exp still keeps it so no one can just join the server and destroy some area and leave or get banned.

14. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
    Mind if I put that in the suggestion? That is a good way to get the exp market moving :)

15. OctavianCloud Builder

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah go ahead :p

16. matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,452
    Trickle down it not working because there are too few members in society. In a society like this the government would need to take control.

17. OctavianCloud Builder

Ratings:
    +54
    +1 from me obviously :p

18. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder

Ratings:
    +85
  19. teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    I believe that only one person owns the star armor and weapons.
    @maroiogog

BTW, this suggestion is great, as it is head on with raising the EXP price. You don't suggest completely stopping the EXP flow, which is a good thing because cutting off EXP won't make the price go up, it will make it temporarily stand still. This stuff will actually work though.

#19 teofilovic, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  20. CodeTrooper Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +376
    +1 I'm saving up EXP for nothing, because enchantment tables are disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.