1. WallyBean Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I walked around 3 nights and days on the regular map and came across 3 hostile mobs, an average of one per night. Maybe if nothing else its time to crank up the map to hard if its not already or maybe because there was 160 people on it spreads the mobs out to much, part of the time I walked around new spawns and part of the time the wild between towns. I don't want to see spawners sold unless you remove wolves and even then ehhhh. However if you can't find hostile mobs in the wild spawners might be the only answer.

2. HeavensFallen Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    An interesting fact you and some other people probably do not know is that when ever you turn your gamemode up from normal to hard, it does not spawn more mobs it just increases their health

3. antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58
    Actually heavens, it doesn't increase their health. It increases damage done.

Lols.

4. D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
  5. WallyBean Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    I was not aware of the increase in damage or health since when I play single player I always leave it on hard, you certainly see alot more mobs then but its probably because they only have one person to spawn around and not 160. After I made my post I found a mob spawner and stood near it to see if I could get xp and even with the amount of people on in offpeak hours it wasn't many so I am not sure people who buy a spawner will get as many mobs as they were hoping for.

6. HeavensFallen Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    fasdgasg I knew it was one of the two just wasnt sure which one XD

7. BenjaminWaugh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Not to get us back on topic or anything, but can we get back on topic?

Andrew has probably already seen this thread(unless he went blind or something) and is thinking about it. If he himself is ok with the idea of putting spawner's in the hands of players in any way shape or form, then he can start a poll and see how many people are for and against. Andrew started a price discussion thread, so he might do the same for spawner idea's.(Yes, no, how to go about doing it). Someone said that ECC is usually willing to try things and see how they go, and if Andrew is still thinking about this suggestion 26(27 now) posts later, it at least stands a chance of getting trialled.

In other words, lets wait and see what Andrew says ^^

8. MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Andrew doesn't usually read things for a long time.. Then mulls it over for a while. I don't think he has seen this, or at least not read it all. :b

@Wally: I always seen tons and tons of mobs in the wild. Move away from towns a bit. o.o

As for spawners... I see them pointless to buy. Even with the theory of Andrew placing them to avoid mob farming, well, uh, you know ... You can build around it afterward and make an illegal mob farm. -.- Staff doesn't have time to check those things, nor does Andrew. Mob spawners don't spawn fast enough to do much, anyway...

And if Andrew immediately fixed the bug where mob spawners could be picked up (and not even placed), I don't think he would be for this unless there was an absolutely AMAZING argument.

Don't forget the material farming and high amounts of money you can get. Or the lag it could cause if it does somehow spawn a lot.. Which brings to the point: It will barely spawn anything with the amount of users we have now. So it is really pointless.

/scatteredpost

9. lullibiesGC Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a big room with mob spawners on each corner.
    Profit.

10. antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58
    Some people don't seem to get what these are for... Who makes auto mob traps anymore?

EXP is where it's at. Dark room with a couple mob spawners: Profit. Even if you spent 100k
    on them.

11. Jetscat Builder

Ratings:
    +995
    Just because they are not found, does not mean they don't exsist, and they can still happen.

I do agree though with your second part, it's profit, but still i'd just prefer it to be foundable, and this will cause issues, I have no idea why I think it, I just think it. :p

12. antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58
    The main reason this is even wanted is because it is impossible to move spawners to where you want them.

With the logic of making auto farms, wouldn't the person just make it around the spawner they found? This way,
    you can move them to an ideal dark room or whatever set up so as to exp farm or other.

13. Jetscat Builder

Ratings:
    +995
    If 10 people go into the store and buy 20 spiderspawner, they can put aton of spawners in one room, and it'll just get the spawners banned, think about it. Mobdisguise... 20 spiderspawners... none hitting you? I think that's a little over powered, you may think that putting a limit on the amount you can buy will stop this, but it'll just end up making friends (Like the Brotherhood) way over powered.

If it's 100k each, and I have 900k, I can msg friends to buy me some when I send them the money, the limit idea is useless.

I still say no, unless a stong argument changes my mind. (Doubt it'll happen.)

14. antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58
    Well since you're clearly too stubborn and think its over powered, how about this:

Residents+ Will be able to break and move spawners. Or
    People with a DONATOR feature will be able to move and place spawners.

This way, you still have to find them all and for you "op" people with mob disguise you would still have
    to work hard to find them as well as have to donate.

15. Jetscat Builder

Ratings:
    +995
    Lets let andrew decide.

16. antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58
  17. nightcrawler_5 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Ummmm im confused how would a spawner decrease the price of diamonds. Just wondering.

18. Jetscat Builder

Ratings:
    +995
    You get EXP - Then A Fortune - Thus the price in diamonds go down.

19. BenjaminWaugh Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    More picks with fortune, and fortune can increase the amount of diamonds dropped by diamond ore from 1 - 4.

Diamonds are already going out of fashion, there were 80 people on last night, and someone sold 3 separate lots of 10 diamonds for 700. Only one person bid each time.

EDIT: Drats, ninja'd

20. WallyBean Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Since no one paid attention to what Moofink and I both said I say add them so we can remove hundreds of thousands out of the economy. There are to many people for you to get all these hostile mobs to spawn from the spawners like you think they will so it would be a giant waste of money and then the people who purchased them would rage and complain. I doubt Andrew wants to deal with all that but I would like to see them waste their money.