Money Wipe Bug.

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by SirSoulless, Jul 28, 2020.

1. SirSoulless

SirSoulless Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    As of July 2019, I went fairly inactive. I was logging in monthly, however, to prevent losing any items/ec/money. One of the times I logged in, back on February 13th (only had been off 3 weeks at that point), Everything was gone. 1.6mil, a melon sword, other nice gear, and who knows what else. My Bal, EC, and INV had all been wiped. At the time, several moderators informed me to contact UnitedStates2 about the issue directly and did just that. And was told that when I checked back a few months later. As of today, there is still no response. At this point, I guess I am stuck restarting. But seeing as I had purchased feats for people in exchange for some of that currency and the sword, it hurts a lot...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Hi @SirSoulless
    I’ve copied the following from our Wiki regarding our Cleanup policy - can you have a read and let us know if any of these time periods of inactivity apply to you? If they do, this could explain the loss of items/money.

You can find a link to this section of the wiki by clicking here.

Please do have a read of the above and let me know if these apply to you. If not, we can proceed further.

3. SirSoulless

SirSoulless Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    None apply. I was on at least once every 4 weeks to prevent this issue. I knew about the 90 day player.dat wipe, and had over 1,600,000ECD on Main.

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Unfortunately you were offline from June 24th 2019 to January 23rd 2020(7 months), then offline again for another three weeks or so to your Feb 13th log-in.
    Then this morning was your first log-in since Feb 13th. Another 5 months.
    There are definitely some 3+ month periods of inactivity that would apply to your inventory clear.
    There hasn't been any consistent monthly log-ins at all. If you were checking into the forums that unfortunately will not apply to in-game server activity, you would have needed to physically log-in to the server to reset your /seen
    I might also add that it is hard to determine when your melon sword was cleared though without an ID to the tool. If you can provide that I can look into the when.

However, at this time it does look like you've been subject to the Clean-up Policy.

5. SirSoulless

SirSoulless Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Guess hub logs must not count then... lol. Still doesnt explain the money. "5. If you have not logged on for 360 days (1 year), have 99,999(Main)/6,666(SkyBlock) or less EcoDollars as well as any amount of /sethome locations, you will lose your 99,999(Main)/6,666(SkyBlock) EcoDollars and all your /sethome locations." I'll accept the item wipe, because so be it. Definitely don't have those screenshots of the ID, bought new PC since and that never crossed my mind on things to keep. However, the money does not fit within that time period. I may be wrong on the amount, however iirc it was 1.6m.

6. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I told you a while ago ingame when you first asked - You didn't have sufficient amount in your balance to protect you from our file/account cleanup policy. Your money or items from ECC don't just "disappear".

As far as the tools go, without any ID, we can't do anything.

7. SirSoulless

SirSoulless Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Got it. 1,600,000 isnt sufficient funds (though your rules state otherwise) Good to know. Guess im off to find a new server that has less mtx than an EA game. Was fun while it lasted!

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I will say that your balance can actually fluctuate between log-ins if you set up a chest shop somewhere. It is possible someone used a chest shop you set up to drain your balance low enough while you were offline, or maybe you spent that money on something before you went offline and you don’t remember, but I digress.

Staff can check these logs and have it seems, and they said you didn’t have enough. To summarize what is usually said when people say “I lost _____,” if you/staff can confirm that you lost if because of a bug, then they can refund you what was lost. If they just refunded without proof or user error, then anyone can say “I lost _____” when they clearly didn’t (not saying you are saying this :) )

#8 Jdawger, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    You didn't have 1,600,000 to begin with. That's the thing.

#9 UnitedStates2, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We cannot find evidence of you having sufficient funds to prevent cleanup.