Not open for further replies.
  1. a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Minecraft Name: a18greek18

Suggestion: Much like these threads (https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/mass-suggestion-everything-you-can-think-of.130022/ and http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestions-what-the-players-want.110935/) I shall be making a list of things I would like to see happen:

Generic Suggestions:

New Rising/Legacy Spawns - The current spawn is simply too complicated and large. There are so many new players that have trouble finding their way around, and end up leaving the server. The good thing about old spawn is that it was easy to navigate. The current spawn is aesthetically pleasing, but doesn't function very well. I suggest getting a build team to build a new spawn with the community's feedback. Preferably a very simple spawn, like the one we had previously.

Simplify the Tutorial - The tutorial right now is quite detailed and has pretty much all info about the server. The downside to this is that new players get bored of reading all this information, and end up quitting. I'm suggesting a new tutorial that is a concise version of what we currently have. Basically a tutorial with less information on each individual topic, and more generic information. A slightly tuned version of the legacy tutorial would suffice.

Town Biome Change Application
    - Most towns on the server are multi-biome towns. Some players would like to have a way to change their town to just a single biome, so that everything within the town (grass, leaves, vines, etc.) can look the same. Shouldn't be too hard to implement. Add an application for 'x' amount of ecodollars and then give GA+ the worldedit.biome.set permission. This allows them to do applications of this type while making sure they can't use other WorldEdit commands.

Organize the EXP Shop - Place the signs in a logical order, instead of the random order it currently is. Perhaps alphabetical or by classification (armor, fishing, damage, general enchants, etc.)

Have Water and Teleport Features as Resident+ Perks - We shouldn't be charging any money for basic features that are essential to gameplay. Why charge people to do something literally every other minecraft server offers for free? This just gives new players another incentive to play elsewhere.

SG Suggestions:

Nerf Spy - Change the length of the Potion of Invisibility in Spy from 3:00 to 1:30. A 1:30 invisibility potion would cause spy users to use their invisibility more strategically. For new players (and all players to be honest), not being able to see the person who killed you is the most frustrating part of SG, even more so than being killed by buffer.

Nerf Buffer - Change the Splash Potion of Regen 2 to Splash Potion of Regen 1, and change the Splash Potion of Healing 2 to Splash Potion of Healing 1.

With the new release of 1.9 these potions have completely ruined SG for non-kitters. Hit cooldowns majorly limit the damage per second a player can deal. By reducing the amount of effective health they have it makes it much easier for non-kitters to have a chance at killing buffer users if they approach the fight correctly. Buffer users still have their advantage though which makes this a win/win. If they get weak they can run away with speed 2 and regen some health before going into the fight again.

Economy Suggestions:

Buff Fishing - Quite simply, fishing on ECC is a waste of time. There used to be a time where everyone fished because you could make a decent amount of money from it. Times have changed quite a bit though. Not nearly as many people are using their rods since they only make approximately $7000 per hour... and that's with the best tool (a star rod) and max fishing level. So here's my price suggested prices:
    (Red = Current, Green = Suggested)

Fish: $10 -> $10
    Salmon: $15 -> $30
    Pufferfish: $20 -> $40
    Clownfish: $25 -> $100

No change with regular fish since about 66% of the fish you get are this type, and 4x with Clownfish since there's only a 2% chance of catching one, so catching one should be rewarding. Now, instead of making $7,000 per hour, fishers would approximately make $12,000 per hour.

Buff Farming - Farming has always been one of the best ways to get money, however recently we have seen a large decrease in the amount of farmers on the server. Why is this? Well it's because of many different factors, but the main factor being that mining has taken over. No way of making money competes with mining, and I think that should change.

(Red = Current, Green = Suggested)

Melons:
    $1.65 -> $1.75
    Nether Wart: $0.35 -> $0.35
    Potatoes: $0.30 -> $0.35
    Carrots: $0.30 -> $0.35
    Wheat: $0.60 -> $0.75
    Wheat Seed: $0.15 -> $0.10

Abolish Nether Star Server Price - The price has always been determined by the market, so we don't need an unnecessary server price. No one wants to sell Nether Stars to the server when they can sell them for 2-3 times more in the market. Additionally, Nether Stars being sold to the server is unnecessarily printing money into the economy.

Add an EXP Shop (Like the Nether Star Shop) - The shop would contain everything from Enchants, Music Discs, Spawn Eggs, and other collectables. This would increase demand for EXP and therefore help with the EXP market.

Reason: My reasoning is listed next to each suggestion I made above

Any Other Information: Credit for some of these go to other players who filed suggestions that I liked

Link To This Plugin: We have all necessary plugins

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • List
    #1 a18greek18, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 amazing idea a18

• Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  3. Coolslammer3 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +74
    @UnitedStates2 Taged you because you are the master of suggestions.

4. polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    +1, I would like to see all of this to happen.

• Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Not sure if this would cause lag? I think thats why its turned low.

+1 Needs to happen

+1 Spy is crazy

It will still be op, and will probably just piss people off? Idk.

+1 defiantly needs to happen

Eh, I really dont want to see this happen but it prob should

The problem with exp isnt an excess of supply but a lack of demand. This wont fix the problem much, exp has been reduced so many times, from nether removal to world removal, ect ect, this wont fix the problem -1

Id prefer to keep EXP player - player trading as its one of the few markets that exist for that already.

Suggestion mise as well be named " Lower the price of EXP and max tools " cause thats all this is going to do.

6. UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I agree, however I'd also want to nerf the amount of EXP gained from each mob though. We really don't need the EXP supply to be increased for the sake of the EXP market.
    I agree on redesigning the market, however I'd much rather the administration redesign it. The administration knows what's needed and what functions. I'd much rather have something like that in the administrations hands - I don't see a build contest really fit for this anyway.
    Nerfing kits is more of a lost cause than anything. Buffer and Spy users will complain if this happens, and even then, I seriously doubt this would happen. I'd much rather just move onto a new minigame that provides an alternative to SG. SG is too broken to be fixed.
    I completely agree with this. Fishing should be buffed due to the high price of a star rod and how little it makes.
    I've absolutely never heard of anyone making more than 30k/hour from mining. And that's just heard. According to @JamieSinn, you can make 24k/hour max with an EFF7. So, no, I don't believe the nerf is needed. Mining is one of the more effort-needed ways of making money, if you may.
    No, just no. All nerfing the amount of EXP gained from things just hurts the poor who rely on EXP (Especially newer players who save up to enchant their tools) while the price will increase, and the rich, who own tons of EXP will just flood the market getting more richer and then, kill the market again. We'd literally have to nerf the amount of EXP gained from mining to almost nothing to have a concrete effect on the market.

I'd rather not advocate a policy that makes the poor poorer and the rich richer.
    I'd much rather go for a demand-based solution instead of printing money. We should avoid printing money except in areas where there's no other alternative.
    And where do you think "other players" get these max tools from??? The EXP shop! No, this would just cut demand, further killing the EXP market.

#6 UnitedStates2, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. ChargerBoltz5 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,340
    Other than the EXP related suggestions, I literally agree with every single thing here (plus adding a new forum banner, the current one sucks).

Well done @a18greek18.

• Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Joshuwat Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +602
    +1
    Great idea :p

• Friendly x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  9. jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    @a18greek18 +1 to all this however you forgot to add New spawn for rising and leg.

10. JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I quite like this format, saves me a ton of time. +1

• Agree x 4
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Better yet, remove XP from ores altogether. And then remove XP from fishing, too. The only way to get XP should be to kill mobs at spawners. This way the XP market becomes controllable again. People can destroy spawners to change up the supply. Just like 2 years ago, when the XP market wasn't dead yet, despite repair and lower enchant costs

I would say instead of 1 potion lasting 1:30, I'd say 3 potions each lasting 30 seconds. It makes more much more strategic play.

Not all enchants can be obtained through enchanted books from villagers. The only way to get those enchants is with the enchantment shop. They're expensive because they're supposed to be expensive. The tool market is already a saturated mess, the supply is immense and the demand is low, because the tools rarely break due to repair. Making the value of the tools in xp lower will simply decrease the value of the tools in ecd. if I buy a max fort pick for 10k now, then dropping the price of the enchantment costs by 50% will simply have people dropping the prices of their picks by 50%. Because the price in the enchantmentshop is the base price. Just like how /sell is the base price for most items.

#11 kukelekuuk, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    I agree something needs to be done, but to create a suggestion that doesn't really have a suggestion on how to change it is kinda pointless...

I do think nerfing how you get exp will work in conjuntion with a new way of spending exp, because people will horde it whatever, so demand will go up either way and they will cash out whatever happens unless it stays the same. So nerfing it will help somewhat in a sense that yes, a few people will benefit short term, but over time, it will be balanced and people will have to work for exp to trade it in for the rewards that we havent thought of yet.

Mob Eggs
    As for a new way to spend your xp.
    Even though its something small, I would like to buy some of the Mob Eggs that you can buy currently for Netherstars but for EXP instead.

I doubt many people will buy a Pig Egg from the store for 5 Nstars i think it is? Being the logic is you can go to someone who has them stockpiled and buy one from them. Instead that could simply earn one themselves working on the game.
    You say it will take people from voting for the site? Like i said earlier, i doubt someone will vote for 2 days to get themselves a Pig Egg, theyd rather vote for 2 days, sell there 8+ Nstars for 4k and then buy 4 Pig Eggs, or spend a Day Mining and Trade there EXP in for a Pig Egg and have 4k cash.

Music Discs
    I would also suggest the same thing for Music Disc's, The Music Disc's cost a lot of Netherstars to purchase and yet the price of them is dirt cheap at the minute, yes because of the LWC unlock thing, but atm, people dont want to waste there NStars on something like this. I wonder when the last purchase of a Musc Disc fromt he store actually was?
    The prices of them should be changed and lowered down and also given the option to purchase them with EXP.
    You could make them cost like 15,000-20,000 EXP each? Thats around 10k atm and is roughly the same price as a Max Tool.
    You can also tier them as i think cat 11? is the most expensive one. You could make that one 60,000 EXP, around 30k atm to preserve the value of a set.
    And if you have the full set, the value of it will be around (9x20,000)+(1x60,000)+2 Default ones = 250,000

Still keeps the value of the set as i know you can probably buy a set currently for that much.
    So I think that would work tbh.

Heads
    Also another thought is to be able to use the /skull command but use xp
    Wether and new command has to be implemented or wether they can bring back the bounty system and use /skull for a quick way to get heads or you can use a slightly cheaper method and spend EXP to use the 5 minute bounty method.

You could cost it out at 5,000 ECD like the old system or slightly more being the skull system uses 10,000 ECD. Either way it would cost (With the current prices roughly):
    5,000 ECD = 10,000 EXP
    10,000 ECD = 20,000 EXP

Either isnt really that steep, yes, 20,000 EXP is pretty expensive but I would totally use it if it was there to use.

----

Most of my suggestions are simply giving people the choice of spending ECD or EXP which isn't a bad thing. The only thing is it will to a point fix the price of EXP which is why I think you need to price out the conversion out ECD to EXP about what it is now.
    And then nerf the ways you get EXP so that it drives the value of EXP up because there isnt as much of it around.

This would mean the current value of say FORT5 form the store, with is 5,000 EXP? Is currently 2.5k, would actually rise because the supply is harder and the demand will still be high with the new ways to spend it.

----

tl:dr: Give people choice to buy Mob Eggs, Music Discs, Heads with EXP at decent rates and the nerf ways of getting EXP to drive the value of it up because demand is there.

+1 to everything but EXP Suggestion,
    I do also like @kukelekuuk00 's idea but something needs to be done to spend exp?

13. rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    Everything else I agree should be implemented, though I wouldn't be able to comment on the SG nerfs as I don't play much of that. With the market design, as long as the higher tier shops (i.e. rows 1-3) would retain their value/footfall I would have no issue :)

14. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Sounds good.

I've previously (while SA) sent Andrew a few plans/ideas regarding this. However nothing with the market will happen before skyblock. I also don't like the idea of a build competition - look what happened with the Spawn build competition over 2 years ago. I would much rather a chosen build team build with community feedback, instead of 1 person or a small group designing the entire thing.

Kuke's idea is better.

This addresses the wrong problem with buffer. It doesn't actually give non-kitters a better chance, it just gives kitters another chance. Non-kitters are easy prey for the strength potion, and simply put, with the strength potion as-is a second fight simply does not happen. This merely gives the second or third person to come along a better chance, although realistically if the next person doesn't have any kits at all they meet the same fate as the the first. I think the best change would be nerfing the strength potion, or better yet, if possible, limit players to 1 effect at a time. This means while there's a strength potion, someone can't use speed or absorption or regen. Better yet, if set so new effects wipe out the others, this could breath new life into the grenadier kit to wipe out buffer effects. << @JamieSinn I dunno how feasible what I said is.

10k an hour fishing is still a waste of time compared to almost any other means of making money. I don't see this having any real change on anything.

The problem with a mining nerf is that it hits newer players the hardest - and reduces income for everyone. Mining will still be one of the most profitable means of making money, but with less money coming in, people will have to spend less, and that hurts the economy. (Newer players are also perhaps one of the largest demographics to the EXP market as they tend to buy/enchant tools more frequently, so this also has the potential to hurt the EXP market harder than other markets).

Firstly, I disagree that EXP is a dead market. Dead means that there is NO market for it. However there is currently a market that's more or less stable. Low prices do not mean dead. It's perhaps one of our healthiest as it's backed by actual demand, not a price floor.

Anyway, to fix price of EXP:
    The problem with EXP is that there's little demand. Cutting supply like this will have little effect as we all know players like hoarding things. This will create an initial bump in the market price, at which point players who have been sitting on EXP will offload theirs for the highest price they can. The extra surplus of supply will then drop prices again. Once the market settles out it will likely be right back where it is now, as this doesn't fix the issue of there being next to no demand. The only way to fix this via exp nerfs would be attempting to match the exp entering and leaving the economy, but this would essentially limit new exp to 0.

Personally I think taking EXP out of the hands of the players and instituting a price floor isn't something we should do.

They aren't expensive, though, if you actually factor in the EXP market rate. An eff5 fort3 unb3 pick costs 16000 EXP to make, which seems like a big number, but EXP only costs around .65 an orb. This means if you were to go buy that EXP at the market to enchant, it'd run you $10,400, which isn't that pricey at all. This also assumes that the player to player market rate for tools is static, but it isn't. Players who have tools they want to sell will undercut the EXP shop price to sell them.
    People also KNOW the only real demand for EXP is the enchant shop so when you cut the only source of demand in half, prices will likely drop. Players with EXP will try to sell all they can while it's still worth something and flood the market. The sharp increase in supply and sudden decrease in demand will crash the EXP market faster than anything we've seen. All in all once the "dust" settles I'd be extremely surprised if EXP was any more expensive that $.1 an orb.

15. Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Is that your way of fixing EXP?
    Cause I dont even see you make a suggestion on fixing it in that paragraph xD

16. rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    Maybe we could do something like lower the server price of stone to maybe 5 cents per? This would target eff7 miners who have no option but to have the silk enchant on their pickaxe, whilst the rest of us have the option of using a fortune pick for general mining, thus giving us the best of both worlds?

17. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    My suggestion would be the same as yours so I don't see a need a use it as a counterargument twice.

That sounds good.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  18. teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    Pretty sure I suggested the hostile mob spawn rate increase, but as Jamie said, there would be some very weird butcher changes.

19. a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
  20. a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Added a few popular suggestions to the list, and removed some as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.