[Bug Report] Magic Pick lvl 3 Bugged

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Schloty, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Schloty

Schloty Professional Money Grinder
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +198
    Minecraft Username:
    Schloty

Brief Description:
    I currently own a lvl 3 magic pickaxe that I had initially bought as a lvl 2 magic pickaxe. The enchants on the pickaxe were Eff 7 Unb3 Silk1 which as you know, breaks the magic enchant on emerald ore. I thought that by using my /magic on it, silk touch would be removed and replaced with fortune 4, however, that was not the case and now I have an Eff7 Fortune4 Silk1 Unb3 magic lvl 3 pickaxe that silks all the ores I want to fortune and is a brick.

Instructions:
    1. Get magic pick lvl 2
    2. Put silk touch on the pickaxe (whoever did this is a 4head)
    2.1. The pickaxe may have been an original magic pickaxe which I know came with silk touch on them, idk.
    3. Use /magic on the pickaxe
    4. Have silk and fortune on the pickaxe

How many times did you recreate this?:

Result:
    Silk touch and fortune 4

Expected Result:
    Fortune 4

Evidence:
    The pickaxe is located in my PV 1 on the Main Server.

P.S. I understand that this bug could possibly be marked down to "user error" but I feel as if the /magic used to get it to level 3 should have worked as intended and given me the tool that I was looking for when I did the /magic.

#1 Schloty, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    The Magic Pick Level 1 and Level 2 do not naturally come with Silk Touch.
    However a user may apply Silk Touch to their Magic Pick Level 1 and Level 2 via /warp enchant should they desire -- though I'm not sure why anyone would, and this does negate the magic effect on emerald ore. The Magic Pick with silktouch still has the proper 6x effect on Gold and Iron, but not emerald.

Level 3 Pickaxes cannot have Silk Touch added to them from /warp enchant, because they already have fortune applied. The above example exists due to the pick having Silk prior to a /magic upgrade.

I did confirm that Schloty issued the /magic command on a pickaxe with the tool ID [edit for tool privacy]. I also tracked this pick down to the time it was first owned and confirmed that it had silk touch at the time of of its first /own back in....September.

If I recall, via this bug report here:
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/magic-2-pick-only-gives-3x-exp-for-emerald-ore.203778/
    The silktouch enchantment caused issues for the exp drop and needed to be removed from the picks but existing silktouch magic picks should of been turned in for a new one.

This looks like a case of a very old dud pickaxe that never got exchanged, but carries its unwanted silktouch through /magic upgrades.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #2 ClarinetPhoenix, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Just double checked our /magic code to ensure all is functioning as it should, and it looks like it is. Clare is correct here, this looks like an old pickaxe that was never exchanged.

@ClarinetPhoenix will replace this for you with the proper one. :)

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    @Schloty has been issued a new L3 Magic Pickaxe. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List