Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Rank-Locked Signs for Doors and Chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WyvernKings, Oct 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyvernKings

WyvernKings Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +56
    In Game Name:
    WyvernKings
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Rank-Locked Signs for Doors and Chests
    What are you suggesting:
    As a dedicated member of the community, I would like to propose a new feature that I believe could enhance the server's gameplay and provide an exciting incentive for players to further engage with the community.

My suggestion is to introduce the ability to create rank-locked signs for doors and chests. This feature would allow players to restrict access to certain areas or items based on a player's rank, adding a new layer of depth and strategy to the server. Here are a few reasons why I believe this feature would be a valuable addition:

Additional Perk for Players: Implementing rank-locked signs would create another attractive perk for players to buy or earn within the server. This could be achieved by reaching specific milestones or purchasing a higher rank.

Enhanced Town Customization: Town leaders and members could use rank-locked signs to create exclusive shops or areas within their towns, making them accessible only to players of specific ranks. This would encourage players to work together and build vibrant, dynamic communities.

Player Progression: Rank-locked doors and chests would provide players with a new objective to work towards as they strive to "progress" in their favorite town or on the server in general. This progression could serve as a motivating factor for players to invest more time and effort in the game.

Economic Opportunities: For town leaders and entrepreneurs, this feature could open up new possibilities. They could set up exclusive areas that allow only higher-ranked players to access, enticing new members to vote and progress to higher ranks. In addition, it would enable them to sell certain goods at a premium, encouraging more active participation.

For instance, I could create a locked room in my town accessible only to players with the "builder" rank, where they can vote and sell their NStars for a higher price. This creates a unique incentive for players to vote regularly and strive for a specific rank to gain access to these exclusive benefits.

I believe that implementing rank-locked signs for doors and chests aligns with the ECC server's commitment to providing an immersive and enjoyable Minecraft experience. It not only adds depth to the gameplay but also encourages community-building and player engagement.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this suggestion and hope that it can be considered for future server updates. Thank you for your dedication to making ECC a great place for Minecraft players to enjoy.

Sincerely,

WyvernKings
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    see above list, additional Perks, Enhanced Town Customization, Player Progression, Economic Opportunities.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Isn't this already possible with town control? You could create a sub-region in your town only Mayors+ can enter. Or is that a feature only staff has access to

3. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    It is possible with town control, but it seems only the staff use it

4. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    well...that cat's out of my bag.

5. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +454
    This is possible with TownControlPlus2. It involves setting the flag and then defining who the flag applies to.
    Example: /rg flag Watergate entry -g members <allow/deny>, then /rg am <region> g:main_Resident, g:main_Mayor, g:main_etc.
    This would <allow/deny> everyone but Resident, Mayor, etc. to enter <region>.

Also mentioned is the ability to control permissions on doors and chests.
    This is possible with TownControl.
    Example: /rg flag <region> use -g members <allow/deny>, then /rg am <region> g:main_Resident, g:main_Mayor, g:etc.
    This would <allow/deny> everyone but Resident, Mayor, etc. to "use" doors, levers, and lecterns in <region>
    Example: /rg flag <region> chest-access -g members <allow/deny>, then /rg am <region> g:main_Resident, g:main_Mayor, g:etc.
    This would <allow/deny> everyone but Resident, Mayor, etc. to access chests in the region.

Of course, these can be narrowed down to a smaller area if a new sub-region is created.
    This is possible with TownControlPlus which allows up to five sub-regions.
    An infinite amount of sub-regions can be created with the TownControlPlus2 upgrade.

If this is the idea you have in mind (regarding giving Builders access to a higher priced shop), I would recommend a lift sign going to a sub-region, then applying the flag to deny entry. Add g:main_Resident, g:main_Mayor, etc. as a member and that should do it.

Note that if a user is a Resident, then they are a Builder, and if a user is a Mayor, then they are a Resident and Builder. This is how the inheritance system works.

The small tent-shops at /market give a good example of how to apply flags based on rank. Feel free to give a holler in chat if you need some help setting this up; it sounds like a neat idea!

(Thank you @Cike25 for helping me out with this.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #5 RealRichNixon, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Marked accepted as this is already possible with TownControl and adding groups to your own locks via LWC.

#7 andrewkm, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.