Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    In Game Name:
    Revanrose6
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Chest Sorting System
    What are you suggesting:
    For the sake of those of us with lots of stuff, and for the sake of ECC as a whole, find a way to recreate/create our own version of https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/mondochest

This plugin allows you to create master chests that attach to chests that sort items automatically into them.

This means if Master Chest 1 sorts into Chest 2 (Dirt), Chest 3 (Stone), and Chest 4 (Granite) and I put those three things into the master Chest, it will automatically place them in the correct other chests.

The plugin is not up-to-date at all, we would certainly need to create our own version of it, but, the old version worked with LWC and could be used again if its updated/recreated/etc.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Beyond allowing us to sort chests, it could be easily monetized if programed correctly. Charge $50 per Master Chest and have it sort into a maximum of 10-20 chests. Or Charge $50 per Master Chest that sorts into 10 chests and charge a second charge of $100-$200 to upgrade to 20 chests.

Regardless, I feel like those of us with stupid amounts of chests/items would pay a stupid amount of money for a system to sort for us. I cannot tell you how many items I've misplaced and I would love to use a hopper system but obviously those are banned. This is the next best thing as it can be set up to negate any automation benefits one would get from hoppers while allowing us to still get the sorting benefits.
    Other information:
    There are two plugins I've found that do something like this. Mondo Chest seems to have been the best of the two but neither have been updated since 2013/2014.

I understand this is a big ask, however, I feel the benefits for both the players and the over all server (monetarily for the server and quality of life for the players) would heavily outweigh the initial cost of getting it coded. The amount of money we could recoup from it alone would be amazing.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    This would have to be a completely/mostly custom plugin and/or update of an old plugin such as: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/mondochest.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. King_of_the_Dot Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    I second this. It's a solid idea, and i think could even be monetized fairly so that everyone wins. People with massive vaults will love this!

3. koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    +1 i hate my chests and pvs i takes me 10 mins to find what i want :(:(

4. neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +506
    +1 I for one would be so down for this and I would spend stupid amounts of money for this... I hate.. no no I loathe anything to do with sorting because I have so much shit

5. swilling236 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    Is this* just a deposit only system? Would I be able to hook these up to my player vaults?

While the devs are doing this, can they bring back macro mod?

#5 swilling236, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  6. Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Not for PV's. I think that would get too complex tbh. I want as few working parts as possible to try and get it to be approved lol. I don't think PV's would work with it. Its a system where you would put it into 1 specified chest and that would sort them into other chests automatically. There would have to be a limit on the # of chests per master chest for obvious reasons and probably a distance requirement, but I don't think PV's would be applicable.

7. Fireguy551 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I love this. My only thought is that the 1st installment should come with mayor or president (if it is limited to a small number of chests).

8. nos1rocketman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +4
    i personally think its a really good idea and we should just give it a shot and see where it ends up going

9. swilling236 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    I'm impartial then, I spend a few minutes here and than organizing my player vaults, then I have chests else where for builds. The build chests get /sell all after I'm done. Cool idea, I see why others would like this.

10. Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    +1 to the highest number possible!
    I love being organized and it drives me absolutely insane cause I can't keep up with organizing my chests... it takes me so much time that is better spent actually making money. This is a great idea and would be amazing if we could make this possible. :)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #10 Ladyvamptress, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  11. theman12143 ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +167
    +1 would be very useful because I never sort stuff out

12. Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,197
    +1 Even though I already keep fairly organized, this would be amazing to have as a purchasable option! I'd definitely buy it, to help support the server even more :)

13. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Looks like a great feature but I think of this from a software standpoint:
    Adding in more plugins as a dependency for the server can cause a lot of issues in the future. Like if this is a non-custom plugin, will the plugin owner update this to newer versions of minecraft when they come out or will this impact another plugin we are using? Theres a lot to consider before adding in another dependency, the biggest thing would be performance and lets behonest, the server had to cut a lot of vanilla features out to maintain what fragile tps we have right now.
    Or if this has to be custom coded, well then Andrew has a history of denying suggestions that require heavy amounts of coding work- and lets not forget how intensive sorting is for a server.

But i like the idea either way, gl

14. SoftlyPsychotic ♡ † Queen of Builders † ♡
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +944
  15. ZuluZu EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +49
    -1 after reviewing Laggy's post I agree this may cause too much lag. It's a hard no for that reason.

#15 ZuluZu, May 31, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020
  16. Lobstre President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +31
    +1 If this was a feature, I'd certainly buy it. It would be a huge time saver and a great convenience.

17. Halosoda Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +17
    this looks really cool! Id be down to have this! I know a group of people that are big on making systems that sort via redstone and I think it would be appealing for that group of players to have this to make sorting easier!

18. xpurexcorex Daddy Trump
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Yes please, this would be SOOO helpful if it was added, This would make my life so much easier!

19. Paranoid_Devil NPC and Announcer of Events
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5
    Dear sweet baby Jesus do I need this! The amount of time I would save, unnnnggghhhhh. I need to fucking have this! Like Fuck please. Give it to me baby! My wallet hurts from already buying this! Daddy Andrew please!

20. Kaeix Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3
    I support this for all of the ocd positive people in the world.......that includes myself

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.