Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Adding antidrop plugin to ECC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Speed42jh, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +211
    In Game Name:
    Speed42jh
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Adding antidrop plugin to ECC
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that ECC should have a plugin that allows you to pick items that when in your hotbar, you can not drop without confirmation. You would be able to pick what items you want to not drop when just pressing Q and instead you would have to press it twice to confirm that you want to drop that item.

I feel like if this was added, it would be best if anyone could use it. Putting this in a feature would still be cool but I think that the people that haven't or cant donate should be able to use this plugin.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this would be a good addition to ECC because with the tools we have and the values of them, it would suck to accidently drop these tools and have them despawn. The other day we lost a player because they dropped a tool of great value and hadn't noticed. This plugin would make things more safe when it comes to using magic tools/items and overall would make ECC more enjoyable.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. FirstNolan

FirstNolan Former GameAdmin
    ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +285
    Hell. Yes. If this can easily be implemented, this is a huge +1 from me.

3. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
  4. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President

Ratings:
    +211
    This would be a bit different.
    It's not restricting just /own'ed tools. This would be toggleable for all items not just what is owned in your name. This, again, would be toggleable and you would be able to add/remove anything at any time through the menu.
    I've seen a bunch of people quit because they accidently dropped a super valuable item and weren't able to retrieve it in time before it despawned. Losing players on a server sucks, it really does. And I think if this plugin was implemented, that we would be able to have players stay longer and enjoy it more because of this plugin.

5. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +85
    I have lost a L2 Magic Axe when it had just been released and it was the only one in the server. This is one of the reasons I haven’t played much since then. I don’t want this to happen to anybody else. It’s not “healthy” if there aren’t good ways for the player to prevent it.

+1

6. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President

Ratings:
    +211
    100% agree with this, well said

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I just removed my drop key binding and now I have to manually drag stuff out of my inventory.

I mean this is cool. Gotta wonder if people who can't do that will use this, though.

8. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    +1
    When people are spending either hundreds of USD for these tools or grinding for countless hours to earn them, it can be very disheartening to lose these tools. As we've seen countless times, especially since we've entered the 'magic era', losing even 1 of these tools can lead to players playing less and even leaving the server. Unbinding the 'drop' key is always a good idea, but many players seem to not know how to do this or that it is even possible. As Nicit said though, one issue could be that players may not know we'd have the ability to do this, and tools could be lost anyway. Personally I'd rather just see all /own'd tools be undroppable. I understand that tools being lost will happen no matter what, but I think we can take extra measures such as this to prevent it as much as possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Settra23

Settra23 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +17
    I have mixed feelings about this request personally. I think that's a good thing but also it's up to the players to be careful with their Items. For example not to program a drop key next to those used to move etc... The management of its keys are also part of the game despite everything. So i would say -1

#9 Settra23, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    While I do think this would be a nice addition, I have to say no for how beyond simple this one is by just unbinding Q or being fancy and using as mod such as --> Download this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Just unbind your drop key.
    Not going to add an entire plugin for something like this, especially when within 3 days I'll see a bug report stating "AntiDrop failed and I lost an L3 pickaxe, this is the servers fault, return it!" - Yeah no.

ItemFilter is great for several things in game that you can't do with client mods / key binds, this on the other hand, just unbind your drop key if you're that worried.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.