-={X}=- Official Thread of the ECCMuseum -={X}=-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jdawger, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Yeah ikr lol. A majority of the heads will be underground, but It may come down to having a second Town. Thankfully, the person who technically owns the town is still a mayor lol.

Speaking of which, @Iamjustapony , I’ll send a Forum message regarding this manor.

#61 Jdawger, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    @Jdawger Hey, I was just wondering where I could find my skull :D

3. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Hey @CamoElite19 you will be in the mayor section when the time comes. Right now, it’s in a chest as the sections are being built :)

4. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    Ah okay no worries, thanks :)

5. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Thank you @Cynthetix for donation your head.

And Congrats on becoming our newest Cyan Donor!

6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    New Update!

The second phase of the main building of the ECCMuseum is complete: The Framing. It only took six months lol.

[​IMG]

To see more of the building, please visit it at /warp eccmuseum

Current Tracker:
    Phase 1: The Foundation (Completed Dec 06, 2017)
    Phase 2: The Framing (Complete June 29, 2018)
    Phase 3: The Siding (Upcoming)
    Phase 4: The Interior
    Phase 5: Underground

7. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    300 Heads!
    Thank you @LanMartuk
    for #300!
    Seriously, I'm amazed that we hit 300 already! Just 8 days ago, we were celebrating 250 heads and didn't expect 300 for at least another 2-3 weeks! Love @everyone for selling and donating your heads for our project, and keeping our reputation as "the fastest growing museum in ECC" a true statement.

See you all at #400

8. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    New Update!

Holy crap, this was not a fun update to get to. I finally updated the numbers of al the heads and created a more efficient system to check numbers and categories, and damn did it take too long (three days, no joke). But, we learned that we had three heads that were not added to the numbers, and two of them being staff that we had since the Coco Era.
    For those who obtained a Legacy Base, you will retain the base despite the fact that we might've been a little off with your head number.

Here is a preview of the new checking system:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#68 Jdawger, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  9. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    New Update!

Apart from the many, many anvils still needed, the exterior building of the ECCMuseum Main Building is now completed! It only took exactly 6 months lol
    [​IMG]

Also, we need anvils, so if you would love to donate some, we have a sign now up at the warp.

10. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Massively Huge Update

Lots of big announcements that I have been waiting to share this past week, so I’ll try to be brief:

- Probably the biggest announcement of the day, we officially have our fourth owner! Our behind-the-scenes co-builder @VelvetRemedy finally made a forum account and got unbanned

- As for the status of the Main building, the interior is basically done. Just got to build the actual exhibits, move the lored items from Coco to ECCMuseum, and fix a few lighting issues. May or may not post another update when it is completed.

- Going to update the list again soon. I have like 25 heads that are undocumented so far.
    In addition, the heads that are currently displayed at the old head building will be taken down this weekend for a transition period. They will be redisplayed in the Main Building periodically as Phase 5 is underway.

- There will be an official opening celebration that will take place in at least 2 weeks. More info soon.

- There is a possibility that we will be advertising towns/nations for the ECCMuseum. We tried a beta phase back in the days of Coco, but it was dropped quickly. More potential info soon.

-And Finally, if you’re interested in writing articles or doing player head research, we will pay you for your time and you will get a special ECCMuseum Staff Base!

#70 Jdawger, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Thank you @tumblemaster for donating the skulls of 888miner888 and CreativeCoder in addition to ~10k in ores!

Congrats on being our newest Redstone Donor!

12. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Another New Update

Phase 4 of the Main Building is now (technically) completed! Most of the non-head exhibits are now nestled in their respective areas awaiting their links.

As for Phase 5, it is officially underway! The underground area is slowly being excavated and the heads are getting transferred from the old building to some storage chests. Will hopefully be fully up and running before July ends.

Also, I had some people come up to me and wonder if they can help with the museum. I will post a separate thread later, but I am looking for people to hopefully write articles about the different exhibits. Let me know if this strikes your fancy!

13. Iamjustapony

Iamjustapony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +59
    All the heads are moved out of the old building and are slowly being moved to the new building as we speak.

14. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    The list has been updated reflecting current staff, and you'll never guess who made the cut!

15. BuildsByGideon

BuildsByGideon Architecture
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,373
    11 now ;)

16. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    I have been procrastinating this post for many months now, but I feel I can’t avoid it.

Many people have been messaging me regarding the status of ECCMuseum with the new City Server.

I’ll try to be brief and answer all questions I was asked, but no promises:

1.) What will happen to the current museum?

In regards to the Old Main <Archive> version of the museum, I will eventually finish the build, but it won’t be a priority. I will not be buying heads or items anymore, but I will still never turn down a donation. As for the ID cards that were promised, I’m not going to be doing those anymore. Sorry for those who wanted those.

2.) Will you restart the museum in City?

To be blunt, maybe leaning on no. I absolutely loved this project and was probably my favorite personal project in MC and would love to reinstate it in the new server, but the reality is that it is going to be tough seeing as the amount of heads and lored items have been severely decreased. I would be happy to eventually rebuild the Museum Building again sometime, but if I do, it will be a part of one of my next major project: The Cyan Empire, not its own town. Plus, I’m sure @Iamjustapony @VelvetRemedy and @oreo1227 are not coming back anytime soon to help me restart.

3.) Are you ever coming back?

Although not specific to the museum, I should address this too. Yes, I will come back to ECC for City (I have a spawn town for God’s sake). I will focus on the other three projects I had planned tho: The Cyan Empire (incorporating the Minecraftia project with it), The Equestrian Wasteland, and the Canterlot Project. My other two projects, Minecraftia Project and ECCMuseum (aka the two that were being worked on in Old Main), are going to be retired for now. As I mentioned before, I want to give priority to the other projects for now.

So yeah, the TL;DR is ECCMuseum is going on a hard Hiatus. It probably won’t be fully resurrected for City, but it is not officially dead.

Thank you to everyone who helped or donated anything for this little project
    @oreo1227 @Iamjustapony @VelvetRemedy @Ozzyblack21 @Imabankthing @1purplejade @zCamo_ @IcePvPz @pierceporcher15 @SirChilledMrHobo @tumblemaster @neecoalage @crow_feather and everyone else who helped! See you all in the new chapter of the server!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #76 Jdawger, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  17. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    A great project by a great team! RIP :(

18. hooliajade

hooliajade RIP Panda Nation | Retired Mod
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +101
    I love your projects and know whatever you do next will be awesome
    Support anything you want to do and can't wait to see you again!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List