Would you buy GC's from a Chest Shop???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterNathan, May 13, 2020.

?

Would you buy a Gift Card from a chest shop?

1. Yes, that makes it super easy.

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. No,, too dangerous.

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. MasterNathan

MasterNathan Addicted Gambler
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +30
    So, the question is simple.

If someone was to put a Shop Gift Card in a book and sell it through chest shops would you buy it? Or would you prefer the old fashioned way by writing an in-game contract?

I believe the rules about scamming would still be applicable to the Chest Shops, mostly because if someone tried to sell you a fake gift card or a used gift card they would be false advertising their chest shop and thus scamming you.

Anyway please answer the poll!

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    My only issue with this way is if someone does scam a card, then it would be tougher to enforce punishment, especially when people sell gift cards at drastically different ECD/USD.

Plus, it would be a nuisance to change the rules imo to try to limit scamming. Only way I can see this issue being resolved/make the scamming much less of a gray area is to require the book to say how much is on the card in addition to putting the ECD/USD in as well, or requiring the same thing on a sign by the chest. To me, that’s way too much of a hassle when you can just easily make an ingame contract that is much more binding in less time.

#2 Jdawger, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    imo at least I'd buy it directly from insured sponsors, since there's really no risk whatsoever there.

From anyone else, probably not

4. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    ^I would agree with Nicit, plus you may as well try it out yourself in the shop since there is 0 risk on your end