Welcome to FFA

Discussion in 'Classifieds & Ads' started by Lopporit, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    ~ FFA ~

FFA is an ongoing personal project of mine to provide access to a free, multi-level, multi-crop farm for new players and veterans alike!

Permissions are and will always be free, and upkeep on the farm will be done almost daily. Check back here for updates!

Perms are not required! The farm is usable by anyone, regardless of if they're a member of the region or not!

Available Farms
    Wheat - 10 floors
    Melon - 4 floors (1 more planned)
    Nether Wart - 2 floors (3 more planned)
    Pumpkin -1 floor (2-4 more planned)
    Potato - Coming Soon
    Carrot - Coming Soon
    Beetroot - Coming Soon
    Bamboo - Coming Soon

@blazwura97
    @Mission001
    @coow_coow
    @VergilYamato29 - Assisting with grief
    @alarmingtoast - Assisting with grief
    @Cpt_Falkon - Town manager
    @AdmiralD - Town manager
    @Belleana - Planted a ton for free ❤️

Thank you all for helping out and making FFA a success!

I am currently looking for some help running the farm, if you're interested please see the post below!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
    #1 Lopporit, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    Co-Management

I am currently looking for some users who are interested in taking on a more involved role in managing and helping out with FFA, due to IRL time constraints and the increasing size of the farm. If you're interested please feel free to read below and send the application to my forum inbox.

As a co-manager of FFA you will be added to the town as an owner. With this, you will be able to access chests/containers within FFA as well as break and place blocks other than crops. I expect co-managers to only take from containers if they are using the materials to help with FFA.

You will not be expected in any way to help build the farm. If you wish to help, you are absolutely welcome to, just make sure to run it by me first. If you have any ideas on how to make the farm better, also feel free to share, and that goes for everyone!

The expectations of a co-manager will be to report crop grief to me (or file a grief report if you have investigator) and re-plant grief if it is a small enough area to be handled in a timely manner. Massive amounts of grief can be rolled back by a SA.

Please send this application to my forum inbox, not as a reply to this thread.

Do you have investigator:
    How often are you active on the server:
    Do you use FFA, and if so how often:
    Why are you interested in becoming a co-manager:

#2 Lopporit, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  3. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Exciting Update!

FFA now has 5 floors of wheat fully up and ready to go, just in time for magic day starting tonight!

I have also made a significant change to the ability to place shulkers, as they were being mistakenly placed on tilled dirt and causing it to become un-done. Shulkers can now only be placed on the east and west ends of each floor, on the last two blocks. I believe this will be plenty of room, as there are also ender chests here to store excess shulkers.

Shulkers of most colors can also be placed, except a few because Minecraft can only accept so many characters in a given command and I couldn't get them to fit. Every color except white, light gray, gray, black, and brown (the boring drab colors :p) can be placed!

One further note, while I absolutely appreciate enthusiasm to help out, please reach out and ask if there's anything you can do beforehand! I'm very particular about some things and if I'm working on something and have the area blocked off with a flag, please be mindful and don't place things there while I'm trying to work <3

4. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Pumpkins Spotted!

Thanks to @patros25 neglecting to handle the melon infestation here at FFA, they've invited their cousins to hang out too!

FFA now has a floor of pumpkins available, ready to be used immediately! More are planned to be added in the future but aren't high up on the list of priorities (unless they become popular!)

5. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Major Update!

FFA has now migrated to ECC 3.0! This migration is accompanied by a large change that I have been waiting to implement, which takes the need for perms to the farm away. All users may now use the farm without being added to the town. This change will be more convenient for new users looking to find a place to make some money, as they will not have to find me or another staff member to add them. Please note that harvesting crops without replanting is still considered griefing, regardless of the lack of permissions.

FFA is also going to be near the top of my list of projects to work on for a little while. I would very much like to get the farm expanded to having 5 floors of all the crops currently present, then expand to some other crops as well.

Welcome back and happy farming!

6. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Quick Update!

FFA now has 3 floors of melons! I'm shooting for 5 by the next magic day, but I definitely hope to have at least 4!

Happy farming!​

7. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Update time!

FFA now has 4 floors of melons completed! The 5th floor is currently on hold while the amount of wheat floors is being doubled due to high demand!

Now it's time for me to ramble a little. FFA is my pet project on EcoCityCraft, I enjoy working on it during my free time when I don't have much else going on. I consider this project to be my own little way of giving back to the community for being amazing. My goal is for the entire farm to be open and free for every user, forever. However, with the farm growing in size and my personal life being a bit more busy now lately, I'm finding it difficult to maintain the farm on my own all the time. To that end, I would like to see if there is any interest in some co-management for FFA. Details regarding that as well as the application to forum PM me will be listed on the first reply to this thread.​

8. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +966
    Update Time Again!

FFA is now up to 10 floors of wheat! At the time of this post, only 8 of those floors are fully planted but within the next day or two they will all be fully planted and functional! I seriously cannot stress enough my gratitude for @Belleana for taking the time and effort to plant more than a whole floor out of the kindness of her heart. Thank you so much for helping me and everyone who uses the farm ❤️

There has been one other significant change since the last update, and that is that I have locked builders to the floor of wheat that the warp is located on. All of the other floors of wheat require the
    resident rank in order to access them. This was put into place because literally all major, multi-floor grief that has occurred has been from brand new builders. This keeps them to the first floor, which should be more than enough to help them get to resident, and then they'll have full access. No other crop has been limited at this time, and I doubt they will be as they're non-issues.

I do know that there are long standing members of ECC who choose to remain builders, if this applies to you please send me a message and I will add you manually, this is only to lock out brand new players with a higher probability of griefing.