Weird Shearing/Dyeing Glitch on Stacked Sheep

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by killrdarknes, Feb 17, 2020.

1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    Minecraft Username: killrdarknes

Brief Description: Basically, these two stacked sheep are producing one set of Blue Wool and one set of Red Wool, despite being consistently re-dyed to other colors. Also, when the stack is separated, one sheep becomes the desired dyed color, and the other sheep is a random color. When re-stacked, it becomes the blue and red wool again (as according to @FuriuosGeorge ).

Instructions: Stack sheep; dye them a new color. Shear them; get the original colors. Separate the stack, get random sheep.

How many times did you recreate this?: Numerous times.

Result: Getting blue/red colors from shearing, and one desired sheep and one random sheep color when separated.

Expected Result: Getting the desired colors from shearing, and both sheep being the desired color.

Evidence:

I'm filing this report on behalf of FuriousGeorge , so I'd ask that user for more information.

2. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +354
    Steps tried for dying
    4 dyes applied twice
    All dyes used result 1 dyed color wool 1 red

2 dyes applied rapidly.
    All dyes used first use seperated a dyed sheep and random other color. Second application both sheep same color then restacked. Shearing provided same result.

Did step 2 to one color then quickly to a second color. Same shearing results.

Expected behavior all wool color of sheep stack.

Tried several different approaches several times each.

3. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Minecraft Username: Karin_88

Brief Description: Sheep shearing/dying is acting very strange now that they've stacked on MainNorth as well.

Instructions: Have a stack of sheep. Dye the sheep. Shear the stack. Get colored wool depending on the color of the stack.

How many times did you recreate this?: More than once, only recorded a decent shot one time though.

Result: See video below.

Expected Result: Getting the right colored wool from the sheep, also being able to dye the sheep without it disappearing.

Video:

4. IceFireXD

IceFireXD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +45
    it gets weirder... i dyed a stack of 39 white sheep with white dye, and got a stack of 39 dark grey sheep.... so aside from sheep being able to be dyed the color they already are, they managed to dye themselves a color i didn't even have.

also, if you shear the stack of sheep, use a single dye on the stack, you'll get one sheep separated, dyed the color you want, they'll restack, and the entire stack is now ready for shearing again. this is abuseable.

#4 IceFireXD, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  5. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +354
    I know andrew is going for performance, but maybe extending the stacking to the full loaded set of chunks and allow for sheep to stay separated by color. at worst it will be 16 mobs per loaded chunk set, or make it 2x loaded chunk sets so that if more than one person is in an area they will count with each other to avoid alt chunk loading from doubling the number.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Sheep stacking behavior will completely change after our next restart, which will prevent this from being an issue.
    Please report back in about 3 days after our next restart @killrdarknes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
  8. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
  9. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    Color separation of the sheep is occurring again; it now works as intended @andrewkm :)

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Thanks!

11. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +354
    Yes Opperation Go and Dye Now is a complete suceess! Bug appears patched

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Thanks for confirming.

13. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    Seems the bug has returned; user @FuriuosGeorge says the stacks do separate properly, but you still get more than one color (old stack and new stack colors). He says it takes an entire stack to resolve the issue, and it can be resolved as such:

Re-stack the messed up color stack of sheep in this orientation: 1 sheep on top with new color, the rest the old color.
    Dye top sheep the old color
    Wait 10 seconds
    Dye the top sheep the new color

Therefore the whole stack of sheep now becomes the proper wool color when it stacks again.

14. Zylo31

Zylo31 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +14
    I also have this issue. I have a stack of 50 sheep that are dyed pink. I sheer them and get pink as intended. I try to dye them red by having 50 red dye and dyeing them. I sheer them again and get 1-10 red and the rest pink. Sometime I have to use 3-4 full stacks of the color dye I want on the stack to get them all the same color.

15. Zylo31

Zylo31 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +14
    Also when dyeing the whole stack, the sheep do separate but only stay that way for a fraction of a second, then restack. also, if you use 50 dye on a stack of 50 sheep, why do they even unstack in the first place?

16. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +354
    Please bare with me my connection is horrible.

If you have a stack of 64 sheep and dye them from pink to red with any combination of dyes you end up with 1 sheep's worth of properly color wool and the remainder the old color.

If you then use 1 pink dye to separate 1 sheep wait about 10 sec and dye it red again it fixes the bug.

I noticed it returned when I sheared a stack of sheep that were previously fixed but spontaneously exhibited the bug with no dying again.

17. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Solution is to not change already colored stacks into other colors.
    The way it is now is the best we can do for sheep.