Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Suggestions Medal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Suggestions Medal
    What are you suggesting:
    A forum medal to be awarded to users with several accepted suggestions, in a similar vein to Gameplay Architect (however focused more on the "ideas" as oppose to actual implimentation)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Suggestions form the back bone of ECC development, often bringing up new ideas for the server to develop, or otherwise focus on things overlooked by senior administration.

While suggestions are in no means comparable back end work required for Game Architect (infact, suggestions can be done with a bit of shitposting as oppose to any actual work), it be nice to recognise users who continually bring up good quality suggestions that get accepted, and hence still help develop ECC.

As for implimentation, can be done similar to how medal apps are currently done, with linking of suggestions accepted. A potential number of accepted suggestions could be 5 (however this could be changed on discussion), giving an objective nature to the awarding of said medal. As for what the medal could be, I'm not a graphics designer smh, but could be the winner react image if needed (as imo that reflects a common reaction to good / successful suggestions)
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Forum Medals
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I like the idea overall here but I have a couple of concerns so I figure, ya know discussion:
    - The first is that I'm a little wary adding a medal that a number of players will instantly qualify for (obviously this depends on the final number that would happen)
    - How exactly do we count "accepted" suggestions? Some marked accepted are for existing features, I assume we won't count those. What about situations where someone creates a thread, but then someone in a comment proposes a variation/counter that gets implemented. Would it count for the commenter, thread creator, both?

Again overall though I like the idea and I've thought for a long time we need better incentives for forum participation

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    We don't need more medals.
    Implementing this would be a mess and take up far too much time correctly applying. Along with nicits concerns, I can come up with several others myself.

TLDR, I can't invest time into stuff like this.

#3 andrewkm, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.