+816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove Need To Link Certain Town Apps
    What are you suggesting:
    Officially removing the need to link town apps in certain applications (and to remove all reference to this in the applications themselves), where linking of said town app is not needed in the actual application, as to reduce unnessesary bureaucracy for both user and GA processing app.

These two requirements that I propose are removed are:
    - Neighboring towns in town placements apps. As any owner on the /rg i list can give permission for a town placement (not just official owner), confirming official owner is not needed. The name of the town is simply enougth information for a GA to go by in order to assess is permission is required, and who can.

- Towns you are a mayor of in Additional Town Apps. This is a very poor way of determining which additional town a user is using in order to get an additional town, with people selling / buying towns (which would not affect which additional town they are getting), and even opens up the ability for someone to potentially miss stating a town in order to attempt to get a cheaper additional town. The GA processing the app should be verifying official and original ownership of towns via forum seach functions, so linking of town apps is redundant.

What this suggestion isn't nessesarly suggesting is removing the absolute need to link town apps for apps that actually do need them, such as in cases of town features where only the official owner can make the applications, or apps which require the changing of the original application, such as town transfers.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Removing the two absolute requirements removes unnessasry bureaucracy that delays the acceptance of apps. It's already been somewhat unofficial policy to not require linking of town apps in these cases, however officiating this future proofs what has historically been done.
    Other information:
    In regards to other apps, the current GA team should have internal discussion on what to do in circumstances such as a town feature app that does not have the original town link, as to have a coherant non-biased proccess. Personally, I feel it takes 10 seconds for a GA to locate the original app, so forcing people to link a town app only adds unnessesary delay to apps, but again, this is a descision that the GA team should decide upon as a group.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Forum applications
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • List
    #1 kenny0011, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  2. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +691
    +1 It makes no sense to link the town application in certain town apps when the original owner isn't needed. It just wastes time for both parties.

Of course, this needs to be decided within the GA team, but as an ex-GA, I can't see a reason for this to be denied unless ya'll wanna add more work for yourselves.

3. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    All GA’s (with exception of a_man) have been accepting apps without these links (from what I’ve been seeing)

I 100% agree That they shouldn’t be required, esp if there are a lot of towns.

Or at the very least, have a consistency when approving apps that do or do not have links. Seven of the past eight recent towns I’ve obtained were placed without the links, and a recent one was almos denied because there wasn’t a link.

#3 Jdawger, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Should stay required for features but I don't see a need for zoning.

Honestly, I don't see a need for zoning at all. Let's just get rid of it entirely. 15 blocks is meaningless anyway.

• Agree x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  5. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    The @STAFF-04 Server Admin will have to review this and make a decision.
    Once done, it will be posted in this thread.

6. iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,253
    Accepted, after discussing it with the team we do agree that it is silly to let applications sit over very minor processing errors, our goal is to make filling out these forms as easy and pain-free as possible, having fields of information that are honestly not helpful to the way a GameAdmin handles an application is simply unnecessary.

We will also be going through some of the other applications and will remove any unneeded sections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.