+205
    In Game Name:
    Hackney_Builder
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove form filling in suggestions.
    What are you suggesting:
    We should change the Suggestions forum back to how it previously was; a format was provided, but one did not have to use it.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The old format had no problems, and, besides, allows creativity in the Suggestions forum.
    Other information:
    This would be a very good idea for EcoCityCraft.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. 6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    I don’t really see the need to remove it, it ensures that all necessary information is included for the development team to consider the suggestion.
    That’s what the “Other information” section can be used for.

#2 6_28, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. 314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    While I understand why it was added, I do see a need to remove it. (See below.)
    I just filed a suggestion, so I know how much creativity the "Other information" section actually allows. Let's take a look.

Here's a quick "Behind the scenes" view of me writing my most recent suggestion.

This is how it should be (and still is in the H&S forum, where I created this screenshot) - colors can be used to highlight the important parts or the rule quotations and (nested) lists can structure one's points. Also, I was able to embed the image at the top.

And this is what I actually had to deal with.

Honestly, I love writing BBCode instead of relying on the GUI editor. But even I have my limits and I am not going to manually write the BBCode for triple or quadruple nested [ LIST ] tags or guess the hexadecimal value for every single [ COLOR ] tag. @OinkyOverlord - please tell me, how many forum users even know how to properly include a picture via the [ IMG ] tag? Probably not that many, which essentially means that many people cannot support their suggestion's point using images or lists.
    The greatly reduced width of the text areas doesn't exactly help, either.

Of course I could write a suggestion without lists, images, colors or other formatting codes. But for larger suggestions, this tends to result in a mess of unorganized, bold¹ text.

Personally, I'll continue using the BBCode editor from the General Discussion or Help & Support forum to format my suggestion, then copy-paste the BBCode into the form for as long as the current format exists.

TL;DR: +3.14, or at least make the text boxes more useful for those who actually use BBCode.

¹ I didn't even mention that yet - the suggestion form automatically makes the questions non-bold and your answers bold. I manually had to invert it for my suggestion because a bold wall of text is incredibly ugly and much more difficult to read.

#3 314, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  4. 6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    Okay you do make a good point there, I don’t know if it’d be worth the time and effort but a BBCode editor could be added to the form editor.

5. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Heck no.
    Skipped this entire thread after reading title and insta-denied. I love the form filling.

#5 andrewkm, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.