Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Redact tool ID's in forum contracts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Mar 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Redact tool ID's in forum contracts
    What are you suggesting:
    The ability to immediately edit out a tool ID from a contract, as to keep the ID private. (I.e. initial contract is posted with ID in, and then edited immediately afterwards to remove said ID)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Users are now being told that in order to prevent potential tracking of spawner setups, or other things, it is their responsibility to keep ID's private.

In the case of forum contracts, the tool ID must be stated. This I believe has lead to the thinking that no one in their right mind would buy a magic tool via forum contract, as you've effectively got a public list of tool ID's there. No one should be penalised for doing a forum contract over an in-game contract. (As I believe forum contracts should be the preferred option of contracts, with greater security for all parties involved)

What I suggest is a slight amendment to the contract rules saying that the tool ID, while must be present in the initial posting of the contract, can be edited out prior to the other party agreeing (and subsequent approval). This would maintain privacy of the ID without it being publically leaked.

If in the case of a complaint later being filed, staff can still view edit history of the contract and determine ID. It also should be fairly obvious that the description of the tool should match the actual tool in-game.
    Other information:
    Forum contracts should be the preferred method of doing contracts, or at least people shouldn't be forced to do in-game contracts (which often only need one thing to be wrong for it to not be classed as a good contract)
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Contracts reeeeee
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    +1 and also I think we can pretty safely take it a step further and not require IDs in the contract at all (although still require the tool be owned).

My basis for this:
    I don't believe we need to push people to use owned tools versus not using own.
    Staff can still easily verify a good-faith deal by looking for the own transfer in the logs.
    There are multiple methods by which players can verify the seller actually has the tool in question before doing business.

I think in general the benefit of not including the tool ID in the contract process (where you're forced to risk leaking it if you even have it out) outweighs the benefit of it being included.

#2 Nicit6, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    -1 just remove tool hunter all together

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  4. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    Yeah tbh tool hunter has caused all these problems and suggestions. Don’t know why tool hunter was added when you could’ve just gone to a SA to track lost tool

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    tbh because SAs get annoyed when you ask them to find a tool you've misplaced and it turns out to be in your enderchest

6. GoProDojo

Ratings:
    +271
    Yea well for me I don’t even keep IDs if I lose the tool then that sucks for me. I don’t even have a ID on my magic rod I use all the time so if I lose that then that’s to bad

7. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I dont like owning my tools either (i think its ugly), but when it comes to renting tools or selling them its just an insurance policy.

Anyways i think if anything just extend tool search to the whole staff team or something so all the requests arent just on the SAs. Revert toolhunter being a public tool search feature.

8. GoProDojo

Ratings:
    +271
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    +1 In case it involves sensitive stuffs.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
  11. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    This is no longer needed with our recent change to the ToolHunter feature.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.