Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Other Users To Pay For ForumECD Medal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Other Users To Pay For ForumECD Medal
    What are you suggesting:
    Allowing users without forum premium to obtain ForumECD medal, by allowing a user with forum premium to transfer the money, with the reference of the payment adding in the intended user.

I.E. User A want ECD medal but doesn't have forum premium. User B can transfer the money to andrew with the reference "ForumECD medal (User A)", and provide screenshot in user A's medal application. As forum ECD medal is an SA app (not GA), this can all be verified as well in forum bank logs.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    All other prestiges can technically be obtained without features (apart from crate collector). Removes some of the P2W aspects.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Apps
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 kenny0011, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I mean, yeah, but has anyone said you can't do this in the first place?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    Unless it has changed and I haven't noticed, paying people money via forums is a forum premium-only feature

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Yea, but this suggestion isn't suggesting to change that. It's suggesting allowing proxy payments via other players for this medal.

but like, Andrew, United, and the SAs aren't unreasonable people. I find it hard to believe that they'd say no to this arrangement if anyone actually asked.

5. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Staff come and go. Off hand, one off comments from one SA team cannot nessesarily be carried forward in future administrations. If fury / sneaky allows in an unofficial capacity for proxy payments for the medal to be done, all it takes is the next SA team to turn round and say "well the medal is stated as having to come from the user", which at that point we'd be back to making this suggestion again.

IMO there is nothing wrong with officially stating something. It allows for future proofing proccesses, as well as elimite some of the "he said, she said" misinformation that comes from unofficial comments of allowing / disallowing stuff.

Like with my previous suggestion regarding linking town apps, as Game Admin, I never checked that part of applications, and it never delayed apps. It wasn't something that I publically said (and technically apps were approved by me that didn't nessasarily follow these exact guidelines). At the time, this didn't prove to be an issue, however my departure from the staff team meant that this "unofficial policy" never got carried forward, until my suggestion for removing this requirement was official instated.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    On the counter to your point, I'm always hesitant to agree with people saying "We need to change this documented process/rule because of a hypothetical issue". In my experience, hypothetical issues are rarely the same as actual issues, and hypothetical solutions often require fixing when the actual problem occurs anyway.

You can't truly eliminate "he said, she said" misinformation, because SAs will always be free to grant exceptions to rules (assuming players read them in the first place). In my experience, making things wordier makes people less likely to read them, and in turn more reliant on word of mouth from others.

Honestly, if we're going to codify an exception here, I don't actually think we should go with what you've proposed. We should direct people to make the payments directly via an SA. It makes it a more simplified process on their end to verify, and can avoid some potential nonsense.

#6 Nicit6, Jan 5, 2021
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    To counter this, when/if the hypothetical issue arises, there is always some "blown out of proportion" response from the community (two that come to mind is Town of the Month Prestige and the recent Nymeria controversial auction. Both came from vague or problematic wiki/rule statements that would've been resolved sooner if they accounted for some rare issues). I rather all bases be covered so we don't have the issue in the future rather than having the issue come up and we need to figure it out from there.

With that being said, I can see one of a few fixes to this potential issue:
    1. Messaging Andrew and thinking of an alternative before you apply (it should be stated in the app that if you cannot send money to andrew on the forums to message him before applying)
    2. Allow forum ECD transferring to just Andrew for everyone regardless of forum premium or not (keep forum premium the same)
    3. Allow /pay andrewkm 10000000 ingame as an option (and post the ingame screenshot with time stamp)

#7 Jdawger, Jan 5, 2021
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    That's just not true. SAs/administration make loads of case by case decisions, and the vast majority the playerbase at large likely never hears about.

1. Seems pointless? Like, a formalized process to ask of a one-off exemption just adds nonsense to the process.
    2. This would be good but I'm not sure our plugin would support that.
    3. In game transactions are more difficult to verify, plus it's much harder to catch andrew online.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I agree with everything nicit6 said in this suggestion.
    Just ask an @STAFF-04 Server Admin for an exemption.
    No need to make this some formalized process.

#9 andrewkm, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.