Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Info on town post signs mayor app

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Dec 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Info on town post signs mayor app
    What are you suggesting:
    Having somewhere on the Mayor Application fill-out forum that the person applying needs to place signs at the town corners (and even add this info to the the President & additional town apps possibly, but def. the mayor app since newer players who never done that before sees that first)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I've noticed more residents aren't doing this these days and the apps are taking longer. Yes, it is on the Wiki, but people (esp. newer players) don't typically read the wiki, esp. since it can get a little confusing & they assume all info is in the app itself. Adding this (like in the coord section) could help remind players they need to do this.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    on the application there is a box you have to tick that says "i have read the instructions" right under said box is a link to the application instructions that states very clearly how to set town posts

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/town-mayor-application/

This is the link to the application, I dont think we need to change anything personally, if u tick the box you must have read the instructions?

3. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +506
    Players do not NEED to have signs there, as long as something is in the location of where the town corner is and it's distinguishable by the gameadmins, then there is no need to have an actual sign.

If the players do not have anything in the location of their coords, then we just simply ask them to redo it and we direct them to the proper location for more information on setting up a town.

All applications are processed within 24 hours. I'm not sure why you feel/think that apps are taking any longer than what is agreed to, if the gameadmins are online, yes, they will grab them, but it is not EXPECTED to be done immediately and it's expected to be done within 24-hours.

This suggestion, to me, is not valid since the GA's do what is required of them.

4. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    So according to the rules, you do in fact NEED to have signs posted and labled for all towns

Quoted from the post that you agree to in app, as coow said above.

Town Posts:

• You will need to place 4 signs on the corners of your town outline.
    • Be sure to include the name of your town and the post label on the sign.
      • You will need a Post A, Post B, Post C and a Post D.

5. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I think you misinterpreted. I meant the apps are taking longer to process because residents aren’t placing the signs, so the GAs cannot proceed. I never said or meant the GAs were taking slower

6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,319
    This is not a bash on the GAs at all, and I’m surprised you thought that. It was more that people do not read the requirements on the wiki and don’t do a critical step in the app process. There were two residents the other day who didn’t know they had to place signs down, and the process was halted because of this.

7. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433

The previous replies sum up my thoughts pretty well.

Discussing the amount of time it takes to process the application, if you check off the box saying you read the instructions, and you didn't follow the instructions, then not only did you not tell the truth, but you're also using up the GA's time by having to check the app twice. If anything, I think it's justified that if you don't follow the instructions and lie, then you pay the price -- a longer time for your app to get pushed.

8. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575
    according to our gameadmin guidelines

"rule 4b. If there is no signpost on top of the town posts, you can still proceed with the application, just look for some sort of indication such as a dirt pillar at the coordinates they want the town placed."

so although town post SIGNS are not necessary, it does help to keep things consistent and clearly marked out for the game admin setting the town.
    Therefore it would be down to our discretion or freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation, and if the town posts are not clear then we simply ask for a review of the posts to ensure the user is happy and we have a clear understanding as towns cannot be deleted or remade by a gameadmin.

I personally think the response time for town applications is good, Theres is enough game admins and we get to the applications usually before the 24hour mark, which is our target for town applications. I really don't think anything needs to change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410

a guideline only upper staff can see says that, but the rules say you need the signs, kinda 2 diff things which i think is the issue... but overall my final summary on this suggestion would be :

-1 for the suggestion, i think its a small detail that wont change anything if they didnt read the rules already.

+1 on clearer rules or systems that are seen from both sides of apps (applicant and staff). aka "we reccommend putting signs like so, but any clearly marked out town border and/or posts will be acceptable"

10. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575
    the guidelines and rules are clear, they are constructed the way they are, to ensure consistency

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Are you suggesting that new players are misled somehow by more lenient guidelines that don't exist publicly?

12. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    If people don't read the requirements/rules (which they claim to have read when they submit the application), isn't that kind of their own fault though? It would be their fault for not following the directions properly, which in turn causes their application to be delayed. Its been a long time since I've been staff, but I don't believe there is a huge percentage of the town applications being denied/delayed because of this, and I don't remember it being a major inconvenience having to deny or delay applications because of this. I guess I don't understand why the form needs to be changed to account for user error, to me it just seems to allow people to get away with not reading the instructions, which doesn't seem like a good practice.

Maybe staff should double check the GA guidelines with the town wiki, to make sure there is no discrepancy? I think a sign with the town name and post letter would be the best practice, since it makes it crystal clear which town and which post is at the location, which is especially important for neighboring towns (although I understand this suggestion is mainly aimed at players going from Resident to Mayor).

Edited for rewording

#12 a_man21, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  13. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575
    there is no discrepency, we just have the ability to be a slightly bit lenient, at our own discretion to assist newbies in the town creation process. weather its a sign post or a dirt stick its not hard to match the cordinates given to the post in question, unless it is, and which case we will communicate with said person
    theres hundreds of towns on ecc currently who have all followed the same process and theres 0 we have not been able to find a solution for. I think we are loosing track of this thread
    my understanding, the suggestion is : Info on town post signs mayor app + we already have those instructions and guides in place, the only way we can further assist is to physically place the town posts for the new players ourselfs, which is much more phsyically demanding and in rare cases we actually do assist if need be.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #13 coow_coow, Dec 11, 2023
  14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    as it should be

ECC has its issues and frankly applications being delayed for two hours because some people didn't read has never been one of them (nor would adding more stuff for them to not read actually solve that anyway)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #14 Nicit6, Dec 11, 2023
  15. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575

these 2 residents in question
    1 had no posts and no signs and no clear indication of the posts (who i assisted in placing them)
    and the second has signs in place but another town name on the signs leading me to question weather the right cordinates were provided

16. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,425
    I will take a look at this and decide if anything needs to be done.

17. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,425
    There is no need for any wording change.

Using signs is always recommended. The GA simply have discretion freedom to possibly not require signs if the outline is otherwise clear.
    Requiring signs/more clarification (if needed) from the user for town placement isn't slowing down town apps enough for us to be concerned about it.

#17 ClarinetPhoenix, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.