Accepted [Website & Forums Suggestion] Improve Magic/Star Tool Wiki Section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RyanBlocks2, Jan 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    In Game Name:
    RyanBlocks2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Improve Magic/Star Tool Wiki Section
    What are you suggesting:
    I came back from a extended hiatus recently and did not really understand how magic tools work.

This wiki page: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/ecocitycraft-star-and-magic-tools/ was the only thing I found on the forums. I did also find /help ECCTools eventually in-game.

I think either this page, or a separate page on the front of the wiki should provide more details on how Star/Magic tools are created. The current page states "These tools can only be obtained from a God Drop Crate spin!" but this is not entirely accurate as star tools can be acquired via nstars which confused me.

It should also include more info on how the tools are upgraded. It shows magic tool tiers but I didn't know how they were upgraded/what the initial tier you got was. (E.g. was it always 1, etc.).

Finally, the description of the tool types is found under the index. I think a differentiation and basic description of the two would be better near the top of the page. Something like /help ECCTools but in the wiki
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this is helpful to new or returning players who don't know how magic tools work and how they differ from star tools.
    Other information:
    Something to let players know about /help ECCTools in-game would be nice as well.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    +1 - The magic tools could use a little more clarification on how to acquire them. (example: you can purchase through the /buy store or use 1000 nstars)
    T
    he details of the crate spin could also be clarified as being able to win any level with roll.

However, the star tools do tell you that they are acquired with 1500 stars.

3. MisterMisterious

MisterMisterious President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +10
    +1 this would not only benefit returning players, but also new players just starting out. Many new players are unaware of the existence of magic/star tools let alone their function or ways to obtain them. A more detailed description for this would go a long way in helping with this.

4. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    I agree this would be helpful, as a returning veteran I found magic tools rather confusing at first and took a bit to get used to and still am unclear on a few things. I'm all for improvement on sections of the wiki.

On a separate note, does anyone know if the Wiki Team is still a thing or is this solely managed by Clar? It's been a while so I'm not sure and the ECC Wiki Team link on the main wiki page routes to an error page. If it is still a thing I'd be interested in rejoining that, although it may or may not be a staff application process, not sure.

5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    I've added the missing information regarding how to get magic tools as well as how they can be upgraded. Also moved some other information around since they were relevant to Magic Tools only.
    I'm not looking to move sections around/add new stuff on the wiki index right now. I have some other plans for the index already.

I'll fix the error however we don't maintain a wiki team anymore and have not since 2018. There simply isn't enough work to do on the wiki to maintain a team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.