Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] VMR Randomizer (loot + recipes)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Videowiz92, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    VMR Randomizer (loot + recipes)
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm suggesting adding a 2nd randomizer VMR that mixes up all loot drops from mobs and randomizes crafting recipes.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I feel this could be a good addition to ECC by giving VMR players something else to play. If this comes out, each season of the randomizer could scramble all loot tables and recipes providing a unique experience each time.
    Other information:
    I recently played the Super Mario 64 randomizer and found it to be really fun, testing my knowledge of everything I know about that game. I think this concept applied to MInecraft can result in a pretty complex game that tests player's skills and knowledge of Minecraft's core features.

Imagine this scenario; Crafting 2x2 wood planks yields a torch. Crafting a leather helmet yields a wooden shovel. Killing a pig can drop a pumpkin seed. Smelting an iron ore yields an elytra. Players are scrambling to uncover all of Minecraft's recipes to figure out how to progress - "Want to know how I crafted this diamond pickaxe? Tell me how you crafted those shulker boxes." Worlds could start out where pickaxes are rare and torches could be a form of traded currency to bribe others into helping you progress. The possibilities are endless.

I'm thinking this would need to be added as a different server so that it doesn't interfere with current booklet stats and it could feature it's own booklet that could reset after each reset. The randomizer booklet wouldn't include uncollectables so a goal can be reasonably attained each rotation.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    This would most likely need to be a custom plugin - Dude Where's My Block and CrayCrafting on curseforge is outdated for 1.7. Also I would suggest some form of /workbench and /kit starter commands so players don't get too lost as I can imagine this could drive people insane.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    An example of this can be seen here:

3. zorracraft

zorracraft Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    its a good idea but not for vmr, this would be MEGA frustaining for booklet completion now that i counts towards the prestige

4. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Which is why I suggested it being a separate VMR server with it's own booklet

5. FrailDK

FrailDK Machine God Clergy
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +197
    I like the Idea as it breaks down the regular trivia og things and would offer a breath of Fresh air from the regular grinds.

I do somewhat Feel it in the same ballpark as vmr (would need more Than 1 week to run on for this to be and fun as u need to rework ur crafting knowledge).
    possibly after the vmr "contest" has been concluded the server could do rotations towards this kinda. 4 weeks vmr 1 month then with randomizer (still some vmr ish setup)

But ive got no clue how much work Something as that takes.

6. zorracraft

zorracraft Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    i read it has a loot ramdomizer on the side of the theme or to replace the themes, if its a diferent server/ game mode sure why not

7. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    Randomizers are a lot of fun for sure. The Link to the Past Randomizer run at AGDQ is what got me into speedrunning the game. However, I'm not sure if it would be worth having 2 seperate vmr's. I think a more reasonable compromise would be to have a randomized theme for the week, where the items of value would not be disclosed.

8. FrailDK

FrailDK Machine God Clergy
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +197
    That wouĺd seem.. Very disorganised tbh
    And like Running with blindold on And a week to get it off before your back to Square 1 again

#8 FrailDK, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    PvP server first please

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I appreciate the suggestion, but this is simply not something we are going to focus on at this time due to a plethora of other plans that take priority. (Not to mention this would require a very large amount of development hours for a game mode that quite frankly is only used for prestige).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.