Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] VMR Master Booklet Medal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gowther32, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    VMR Master Booklet Medal
    What are you suggesting:
    Add a new medal as labeled in title (name of medal open to suggestion) as well as a prestige reward for this new medal, requirements of medal would be an approved VMR Booklet Medal application, as well as evidence, in the same form or in some other form as the VMR Booklet Medal, of up-to-date booklet completion status as shown by /booklet status and also a way of showing that all items in the booklet have been completed in terms of amount of items sold as well, for example in the /booklet gui the item "cobblestone" would have to be displayed as green and that 10000 of said item have been sold to the VMR server, something that /booklet does track.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It will add another purpose to working towards VMR booklet completion and a reason for "amount sold" tracking in /booklet gui. It would encourage VMR players to work towards the VMR booklet and bring more players onto the VMR server to achieve these medals. As it would be extremely difficult to obtain this medal an additional reward in the form of a new prestige would be granted, as filling out the entire VMR booklet in addition to the totality of items sold being complete is no small feat, and this would also bring more new and old players onto VMR to compete.
    Other information:
    Not sure how hard it would be to implement but a good way of checking items sold progress would be needed, for example, something like in /vmr status could be added to show how many out of the 410 items have been "completed", which currently, /vmr status only shows items "seen", seen status being the sole factor used in the current VMR Booklet Medal requirements.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    VMR shouldn't offer 2 prestige when all the other servers only offer 1.

3. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    ^^^

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered from this suggestion, you want people to collect 10,000 of every item?

#3 GeorgiaMC, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. Gowther32

ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    @Nicit6 thanks for your input, based on https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ecocitycraft-main-server-prestige.175735/, there is meant to be 5 prestiges eventually, I took that as liberty to come up with other achievements that would be worthy of fitting the criteria of a prestige and that new prestige's are open to suggestion, and according to your response adding any prestige to any server would unbalance it from its current setup. For example, one could make the same argument if a prestige were being planned for main or skyblock, they shouldn't be able to get another since the other servers would only have one.

@GeorgiaMC Yes that is incorrect, not all items in /booklet require 10,000 items, especially crate items which I believe only 1 of each is required to my knowledge. I do think it currently might be inappropriately scaled for certain items and that could definitely be something that could be worked on, thanks for your input!

EDIT: I looked it over again and I realized that prestiges, although the topic of which may be difficult to define later down the line, would be added to different server types like kitpvp and creative, so I'm going to leave the prestige part up in the air. I still think the idea for the medal itself is pretty neat and relevant.

#4 Gowther32, Jun 13, 2018
  5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Right, from that same news post:
    You are now able to upgrade your EcoCityCraft prestige level by "achieving" the highest goal on each of our game-modes.

By leveling up your prestige, you will add a multiplier to your /sell award on the main server. The awards are set as shown below and are capped at prestige level 5. This means you can never prestige above level 5.

Once we have more than 5 servers to prestige from, this will allow you to pick those that suit you best. Currently however, we only have 3.

It's only supposed to be one per server because it's supposed to be the reward for achieving the highest goal on the server. It doesn't really make much sense to have two highest goals, and even more so for that to be on the server that has historically seen the least amount of play.

6. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    @Nicit6 Yea I saw were I messed up and was editing my comment as you were posting your response, my bad. Although this whole prestige thing is still relatively new so how it works and what it can apply to can be subject to change in the future. I personally wouldn't think it would be a bad thing to have more than one prestige goals on a particular server if prestige's became more based on achieving something that's worthy of prestige or prestigious. The main impact though would be the multiplier and the effects of having multiple prestige's on the economy. A solution to that could be scaling down the multiplier, but again this suggestion is mostly based on the addition of a new medal, the prestige isn't entirely necessary.

#6 Gowther32, Jun 13, 2018
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    The only way I can see a server have more than one prestige is if all servers have the same number of prestiges, which I really don't see happening.

As for the whole 10k of an item (or whatever), Andrew mentioned that they are supposed to have some sort of reward for completing each item (which got shoved to the backburner when Skyblock was announced).

And as for this:
    It is 10 items to become completed :)

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Won't happen at this time.
    Maybe sometime in the future we will revisit this suggestion, likely when we are putting some VMR work in again.

#8 andrewkm, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.