VMR Booklet not counting all items sold

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by SplayTick, Jul 24, 2022.

1. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    Minecraft Username:
    SplayTick

Brief Description:
    When doing /sell hand or /sell all in VMR the booklet does not always count all items sold.

Instructions:
    Do /sell hand or /sell all with multiple items in inventory on VMR. The booklet does not always count all items sold using this method.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    Between last week and this week I have had well over 10 items that were sold that I was given no credit at all for and 3 or 4 that I was only given partial credit for.

Result:
    As stated above, not all items are counting towards the booklet when sold.

Expected Result:
    All Items sold should count towards the booklet.

Evidence:
    I currently do not have screenshots of this as these have been found later when updating my VMR Booklet spreadsheet. I will be trying to get screenshots of this as I finish up my VMR session today.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    I cannot reproduce this in any way.
    I'd need something to go off other than a report simply stating items aren't being counted.
    Without a way to see the problem for myself, there's nothing I can ever do to attempt a fix.

Several users have completed the entire booklet already, so there definitely aren't "missing" items or anything that aren't being counted. Sorry, just need far more to go off.

#2 andrewkm, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  3. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    This has happened to me in the past as well. It seems to be random and not that often, because of that I could never reproduce it or provide any steps.

I know @SirSpuzzy had an issue with it too (bug report here: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/bug-report-nether-sprouts-not-adding-to-vmr-booklet.215876/). He sold 2 lots of the sprouts (I provided them to him) both a week apart and it took the 3rd week of selling 10 for it to finally register.

But yeah I've not got any more info, just thought I'd comment what I've experienced :p

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Did they all finally register though?
    Makes me wonder if perhaps once they hit some specific number, they don't show up, until the next number is hit. Who knows lol...

5. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Correction; 4th week. and yes they all finally showed up. but that was after 1.19 update selling another 10 it updated

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Interesting, thanks for the additional information.

7. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    A couple weeks ago I sold all of my mangrove items and all of my warped items (from the nether warped stems) without having gotten credit for them. I resold the mangrove items last week and got credit for those when I sold them that time. I had not sold any warped items at all since the first time selling them and just updated my vmr booklet spreadsheet (by going to each page in the booklet and double checking every item in it one at a time) and still needed my warped items just before vmr reset on Sunday. Yesterday I went to sell the warped items the booklet had been showing that I needed last Sunday when I updated it and it said they were completed. So there does seem to be some latency in the booklet sometimes. Maybe this is being caused when a large amount of items are sold in quick succession? Usually when I am selling items for completing the booklet it multiple items being sold with enough to complete that item and multiple inventories worth. I will try to do less batch selling in the future and see if I no longer have this problem.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Alright, thanks.
    The booklet does update on an interval, it's not immediate.

9. SplayTick

Ratings:
    +75
    I'm not sure what the delay in updating is but on some of these items it took over a week for them to show up as having been completed.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    It should flush every few minutes.
    Definitely not over a week.
    If you get more data in the future let me know.

11. SplayTick

Ratings:
    +75
    Will do. I’m keeping an eye on things as I sell them. When sold in smaller amounts it seems to be fine so far. I’ll do more batch selling later today or tomorrow to see if I notice anything. My booklet is getting close to being complete though.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056