/v issue still remains

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Nicklepot18, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    Despite the addition of the /v tipu command there still seems to be an apparent issue revolving around item pickup while in vanish. To be truthful I believe that the problem is very similar if not exactly like the problem that was there before. I am unable to pick up items while in /vanish. I assure you I have toggled /v tipu and /itemfilter toggle back and forth while every once in a while logging in and out and even sometimes restarting Minecraft from the launcher. I have tried may different processes given to me by @ClarinetPhoenix @NessXXIII and @bobman3355 and have even gone as far to help clarinet test out what the problem was. What we discovered is that if one toggles their item filter off and toggles their /v tipu off and logs out then reconnects and enables all of those specific settings it works. But unfortunately that does not work every time and even though other players have tried different combinations of these commands while mixing in logging out and restarting. There doesn't seem to be a consistent way to fix the problem. Today was the first day that this became a problem at least for me since the addition of the new command /v tipu. It worked very well for the last one or two days after it was implemented but obviously for me and other people it is not working now. I have spent a bit of time testing it myself and it seems that whatever I try doesn't work or only works one time. So thats the problem right now. Thanks for the help!

Clarinet suggested I submit this help and support report as she did some testing on it with me.

#1 Nicklepot18, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    @andrewkm told you there was a /v bug UwU

3. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor

Ratings:
    +41
    Update on the problem. I have experimented logging off for several hours and it seems to reset and become normal after aprox 2 or three hours of logging off. Still a pain though.

4. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +29
    I have found that you can get around this issue by disabling vanish (in a safe area recommended), disconnecting, reconnecting, then toggling vanish back on. This will fix the item pickup issue after the bug occurs without having to toggle itemfilter or /V TIPU.

#4 Commander_HK47, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  5. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor

Ratings:
    +41
    I have tried this and may other combination of commands and yes it SOMETIMES works but it seems very inconsistent and the best way that I have found is to log off in /v for multiple hours or to restart your whole entire launcher and log in at a later time. Very unfortunate

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We have tracked down this issue.

It is a very complicated one however and we will have to wait quite a while for the developer of this plugin to attend to it. In the meantime please do not disconnect / log out while there are items on the ground around your user, this is directly what causes the problem. If you find your vanish pickup is bugged out, you will need to close and re-open your Minecraft client to fix it.

#6 andrewkm, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  7. Schloty

Schloty Professional Money Grinder
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +198
    To anyone having this issue, an alternative to closing and re-opening your minecraft client is to follow these steps:

1) Toggle Item Filter by doing /if toggle
    2) Toggle Vanish by doing /v
    3) Switch to a different server on ecc by using /m or /mn
    4) Switch back to the server you were just on
    5) Re-enable item filter by doing /if toggle
    6) Begin to pick up items again
    7) After picking up some items, vanish again by doing /v and your bug is resolved :)

A very important step in this process is to begin picking up items again before enabling vanish again, otherwise the bug will persist and you will have to start over the process.

#7 Schloty, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Thanks for the added information!