[User Complaint] TheCravedOne

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by Atzall, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atzall

Atzall ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +33
    Accused Username:
    TheCravedOne
    Complaint:
    Last night in the mining world, I fell asleep in real life and when I woke back up I was dead. TheCravedOne admitted to me that he did it to get access to the StarRod I had in my inventory.
    Evidence:
    Staff are already aware of all relevant evidence.
    Additional Information:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +49
    okay, to defend my side given, I was unaware of the complaint until now:
    Yes I did kill him, however, he was in possession of what I was told was the community star rod. and we were farming and a certain member was going to fish while another was farming. yes I was the one who put the nail in the coffin for it but we were trying to get in contact with him. I wasn't doing it for any personal gain or anything just trying to help out the community of America so that other members may use the shared tool. I also assured @Atzall that everything he had in his possession was put into a chest that was located at /warp America (except for the star rod which was then given to @stevenjr05 so that he may use it). in addition I was told he lost 100 levels of xp and so I went out and bought 54 nether stars (equal or greater than the 100 levels) with my own money to repay him for the lost experience. I have apologized and did notify him immediately after his death of what was happening in the in game mail system, and after giving him everything that he had in his inventory he assured me that "we were cool" now I have no hard feelings for this complaint but I fear it is an unnecessary one given the circumstances of this incident. Now @Atzall to say again: I apologize and I didn't realize that this would affect you this much so it won't happen again for both our sakes. and in addition, ill be more wary, and ensure that I get the okay before a step like this is taken from the user themselves.

• Potato Potato x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @TheCravedOne-

There isn't any good reason to intentionally kill a player in a non-PvP zone. Not a single one. In this case, you could've easily just waited a bit for @Atzall to come back on and give you the tool, which you didn't even own. There's nothing wrong with being patient (and you probably now do wish you were more patient considering how this has all played out!).

If we let instances of premeditated killings like these slide, the slippery slope is endless. What's next? I see someone melon farming and I really want to "borrow" a melon sword for a few hours, so I kill them and steal the tool until I decide I'm done with it or an SA has to retrieve the tool? The problems with the concept of such an action alone should be rather obvious. And that's to say nothing about possible item/EXP loss.

Anyways. It's pretty clear that there needs to be consequences here. But I'm willing to accept that there's mitigating circumstances here, such as you coming out ahead and admitting to this as well as you replacing the EXP. So for what would ordinarily be a ban, I'm instead going to be issuing a 24 hour tempban.

Needless to say, don't do anything like this again.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.