Denied Trading/Random

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by averygaymom, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. averygaymom

averygaymom Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +40
    Some ideas people in main to trade with people in skyblock
    1. Allow certain items to be brought to main. (with mod permission)

2. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    The point of Skyblock is to build and grind and farm. Anything you might need from main can be obtained with a little work and be completing some challenges.

Bringing ECD over to SBD is more than enough, imo.

3. averygaymom

averygaymom Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +40
    \
    my point was what if people in main need something from someone is sb my post also say brought TO main not from

#3 averygaymom, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  4. KMaxwell

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Like what, for example? Spawners? They cannot be placed in Main and are nothing more than status symbols.
    Blocks? Those can be mined or dug from the mining world/nether/end just like they can on SB. The same with food, or flowers, or just about everything else.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I can see abuse if this was a thing. For example, as a SkyGod, I can access all six Rank kits with exp bottles, minerals, etc. What would stop me from selling the items for main server ECD, then send that money to my Skyblock balance for a much heftier profit, buy more of the same items in Skyblock, and rinse and repeat until I have millions in ECD in a matter of hours

#5 Jdawger, Jun 9, 2018
  6. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,499,999
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    The free market, as nobody would sell items on Skyblock once that method becomes public because everyone would try to exploit it.

As others have already said, there aren't really many items that are worth transferring from SB to the main server.
    Most items are easier to obtain in a normal world than in a world with next to no natural resources. Here's a list of all 'useful' items I can think of at the moment:
    • Spawners - mentioned by KMax, they can't be placed and are therefore worthless to most players.
    • (Enchanted) golden apples.
    • Spawner eggs from /kit eggs.
    • Heads from challenges (I'm only aware of villager heads, but there may be more?), but they are one-time opportunities.
    I admit that I like the idea of decorative mob heads on the main server, but we also need to consider how the gamemodes are set up.

Skyblock isn't just another world on the same server, it's a completely different server. Connecting those servers via the forum bank and the chat bridge looks complex enough in my opinion (although only andrew and Jamie can confirm that as I'm just looking at the system from the outside); adding a way of transferring items between (mostly) independent servers sounds too complex to consider in my opinion.

(We could let staff members destroy the item on SB and then manually spawn a new item on the main server, but that doesn't work well with items with NBT data [i.e. any kit tools, spawn eggs, heads, spawners, potions, ...], which make up most of the interesting items that are actually worth transferring.)

#6 314, Jun 9, 2018
  7. KMaxwell

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Perhaps for the items like decorative heads we can instead add them to the Star Shop on Main? You vote for keys on SB, but you get the NStars on Main for doing so, too. That, I think, would be a better suggestion than item transfers between the servers.

8. averygaymom

averygaymom Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +40
    Exactly, those items are what I mean.

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In your last suggestion about “Reviving the main server,” We outlined that the only eggs that you could possibly need are available at the spawn/exp shop, and the rest from egg crates.

Notch apples are more common than you think, plus are not really needed in main since mobs are limited in spawning.

Spawners are disabled (as mentioned already)

And the unique heads can be solved by Kmax’s sub-suggestion:

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.