Denied TPA

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LTPfiredemon, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you are wrong in some points here.

First off

That's pretty much my point, I bought TP at the time because I didn't know everybody would get it at the time.
    So that's just lowering the cost & usage of the feature, I would say about a year or to ago TP's costed money, I could do TP's to earn money. I didn't have as much money back then as I did now so that was a sort of income for me.

Next

Well, I didn't buy TP as soon as I joined the server/forums I bought it about a year into playing the server so that brings it down to 2 years. I'm not saying I don't want others to have TP nor have I said that. I'm saying that this would bring down the worth of the TP feature & only give people a boost, that I didn't have, that's the only reason I bought the feature.

Lastly

I'm just a bit more confused on this one, so if we make it so builders get TP more of them will join the server? How are they going to know that they have TP, wouldn't they of already joined the server to find out that they have TP?

2. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Don't forget that not just builders needs this, there are residents and mayor who needs this too, even some of higher ranks who doesn't have money (USD or ECD) to afford this feature.

Hell, even a 1 hour cooldown still does help a lot, most would not teleport frequently anyway and if they do, they would plan to get the feature in the future.

#82 rNin, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  3. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Firstly, you accused me of being wrong, yet you could point out nothing that was wrong in my arguments. All you did was dogmatically narrate on them. And while that's great and all, I would advise you to refrain from making semantically null posts.

I don't know what you are trying to do with your first sentence. I just said the same thing in my post, and you just copied it with the wording a little different. I'm not exactly sure if they will lower the cost of the feature, by the way. We have only been discussing how long the cooldown would be if tp was given to everyone and about a few other details like that. How will public tp lower the usage of the feature? You will be able to use tp the same way you used it before, so I'm not sure what you mean in that regard. I am sure when you were still a lowly builder/resident/mayor on this server you were not as rich as you are now, so I can understand how giving tp's for money might have been a source of income, however minor. My point is that the $200 lost by not doing a tp for someone is negligible. Especially for people like you who have a ton of money to spend.

Even if public tp does happen, you still had two whole years where you had something that other players didn't. Personally, I think this is quite enough time. You say you don't want tp to happen because this will give an advantage to players you didn't have when you were in a similar situation. You can't honestly be so selfish to think that. We are making players lives much easier than before. In fact, most players don't mind paying the $100-$200 (Actually, a lot of players give tp's free now) for the tp. It's the time they have to wait and all the work of him/her coming to you, waiting 10 seconds for the cooldown, and then the player you wanted to come finally appearing. Since tp's are mostly free nowadays, we are really just inconveniencing players lives. Since the value of tp is already so low, why not just hand it out to everybody? There is no reason to selfishly think that we shouldn't give players tp just because you want them to go through what you went through at one time.

Well, I guess I should elaborate on this topic. ECC is a rare server. There are many servers where you can go to play minigames and kitpvp, but ECC is really the only true economy server. Because of this, ECC may have some things that builders are not used to, and they might get frustrated and leave. Let's say the player Example1 joins the server with his friend Example2 for the first time. After asking around for some help and going to /tutorial, they think they have a basic understanding of this server and want to go mining together. Example1 goes to the mining world and does /wild. Example2 types in the command /tpa Example 1, but he gets an error message back. It says "You do not have permission to use that command." Angry and frustrated because they can't do a simple command, Example1 and Example2 go to another server where they can tp.

Now let's consider another hypothetical scenario. ECC is the exact same way as it is now, but now there is /tpa and /tpahere with a 15-minute cooldown. Example3 and Example4 join the server for the first time. After asking around for some help and going to /tutorial, they think they have a basic understanding of this server and want to go mining together. Example3 goes to the mining world and does /wild. Example4 types in the command /tpa Example3, and gets a message saying to wait five seconds, which he does. He teleports to his friend Example3 and they both go mining together. Happy and optimistic, they stay on ECC, glad they found this new and exciting server.

See the difference? We just got two new players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Wow I apologize, I thought it was axiomatic how we would get new players. Maybe I should have said keep players instead.

5. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97

6. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Why?

7. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    Loss of money

8. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    I have to disagree here. This is a hardcore economy server, and you have to hardly earn everything that goes beyond vanilla.
    It's not like my feature gets devalued, I make no money from it and the fact that someone else can use it doesn't take it from me, so if I was selfish I just wouldn't care at all. I didn't even pay the feature with real life money for what matters. The point is that tp is not something you can normally do in vanilla survival, therefore you shouldn't be able to do it for free: you should earn that ability. It's not about being selfish, it's not about losing value: it's about the whole point of this server.
    I have exactly 1000 USD in features and I haven't spent a single cent of real life money, how did I get all of that? Working. I could have easily spent real life money earned doing real life extra jobs in much, much less time, but I chose not. Why? Because then there would be no point playing, if it was an easy win! Hell, you can normally place water and lava in vanilla minecraft and I was revolted when a few hours after I joined I discovered that I had to pay real life money to place water, I was like "are they asking for real money for something that trivial??". But I was mistaken: I could have someone place water for me for a negligible price, or I could get the feature myself if I worked for it earning enough ecd to have it bought from someone else. Without spending irl money. If water and lava, which are straightforward to do in vanilla, require a feature, all the more so should tp, which is not available in survival vanilla. This is a hardcore economy server and hardcore is the most important word in the title because, if it wasn't hard, then it would just be a mock economy.

You say that this is a multiplayer server, but the point of playing in multiplayer is to interact with people that you don't usually interact with: if you just want to play with a bunch of your old friends without being required to talk to other players, why don't you just play in a local lan? Tp is not a utility, tp is not available in vanilla survival and therefore it's a huge power in minecraft world, and "with great power comes great responsibility" (cit.). It's totally honest that you are forced to ask someone more powerful than you, someone who earned that power, to do a tp for you, before you earn that power by yourself.

Last, but not least: I could just be like "hell, why bother if some people don't want to enjoy their own effort? It's not my business". But I don't. I don't because I don't want this place filled with people that want it all and want it by yesterday. There's way too many servers like that, but the unique trait of ECC is that it requires you to put effort and earn hard if you want to progress. I don't want ECC stop being ECC.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #88 Expipiplusone, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  9. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    yes... this...

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This is ridiculous though. ECC was literally started so someone could play, not with randoms, but with their friends. A lot of people like playing multiplayer with their friends. Nearly every game ever released that has multiplayer makes it ridiculously easy to play with your friends, because that's what people like to do.

Saying that the game should work like vanilla survival initially is also silly. This isn't vanilla survival. This fact is underlined when somebody can vote, sell a netherstar, and use the money to buy a diamond pick (actually, more like 6 of them) within a minute of joining - a tool which, in vanilla survival, takes a much longer time investment to obtain. We're not vanilla survival, and if we go by the logic that until you put time into the game it basically is vanilla survival, we're not going to do well.

The biggest factor here in my mind here though, is that there's nothing to gain by keeping it the way it is.
    We will lose out on players because people can't easily play with their friends.

But will anybody think that the server isn't hard simply because they can occasionally teleport a friend?

11. TM_iBeast

TM_iBeast Not Staff Member
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +482
    As a TP+ owner, I feel the command should be available to everyone. +1

12. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    This. So much this. No users is gonna think "Wow, this server is easy" just because they can teleport to their friends. Hell, most servers already give TPA out for free. Most users will think it is a given they can teleport to their friends. But you can't do that on ECC, and those people are gonna think "wow, I can't even teleport to my friends"

Not giving tpa to new players who just want to play an economy server with their friends is the same as telling them to play somewhere else.

13. nineoix

nineoix Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    +1
    Looking from the perspective of especially new players, this would be a great addition.
    Most people giving -1 seem to be people that bought TP, but I bet a compromise could be reached with the cool down time.

14. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    +1 This would help Builders settle into new towns, and would grow the economy. There have been several occasions where I have seen builders not been able to get to someone's town because the town didn't have a warp, the owner didn't have tp, and no one was there to help out. TP is one of the most basic commands everyone should have access to.

15. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    In my opinion, this is coming from someone who has teleport, its not a waste of money to me we used our teleport for a while and we still get to use it without any hassle all the new people are asking for is tp with a cool down. I wouldn't even care if its a 1min cooldown Tp is something every server should have free of charge they shouldn't take it and only make it for people who pay. When I joined this server I was disgusted that we even had to pay for it this even though I bought it (Because its a important thing to have if you want to play with friends) I believe that tp with cool down isn't too much to ask for its actually to little to ask for. +1

#95 xboyfernz, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  16. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Agreed

17. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Just because things were hard for you doesn't mean we cant make it easier for others even in the real world things are getting easier for other people i.e Online shopping wasn't here a while back doesn't mean all the other people started getting annoyed they simply went with it times change that's something you need to get in your head

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  18. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    -1 I feel that the tpa feature is an advantage to the people that buy it so then they can make money for tpaing people. And it doesn't seem fair that people who don't pay get it.

#98 6_28, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  19. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Well some people do tp's for free like me so the other people that make money off it (which are not that many) will only make little money most people who don't have tp get free tps so nobody makes money off it. I bought it cause it makes life easier and I could tp other people to me so your point is useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  20. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    True, But what about the people that paid for tpa. If other people can get it I think it would be fair to like stop the basic tpa feats 10 second delay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.