Denied TPA

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LTPfiredemon, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    So I posted this on mobile and I was unaware the pizza picture was big enough to take up like half the screen until now. whoops.

#61 RyanBlocks2, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    *prepares for spam of potatoes*

technically, if 2 people each had a 15 min cool down, then one could do /tpa, then the other could do /tpahere, makeing it a 7 and a half cool down.

+2/5 is my current side. I am not completely for it, although I'm not against it.

• Potato Potato x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. slipoutside

slipoutside mayhem is potato god
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +924
    I agree pasden. I agree with the essence of the proposal. But not enough for a plus 1. Give me a no cool down time since I bought it and I'll +1 the ish outta this suggestion. But I don't agree with the op suggestion. But my -1 is more a "sustain vote". We should give free tpa but also give SOMETHING (like zero cool down) to peeps who paid for the feature.

Upon further reflection on the economic impact. I self criticize what I said yesterday as I wrong. I spoke too swiftly. This (give tpa free with 15min cool down) will actually improve the economy for tpa's. As now builders could charge other builders for tpa etc. the staff could be told to stop free tpa as it will effect the economy (obvs people like me will still do them free but people do pay for tpa sometimes and mods could still do it) it will not only open who can charge for tpa (builder even if only once 15mins) but also more peeps may be willing to pay for it.

4. CodeTrooper

CodeTrooper Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +376
    What?

5. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    due to the fact that one can do /tpahere every fifteen minuets, and the other /tpa. They each tpa every 15 min, they could go back and forth with the tpa's and make a 7.5 min timer between the two functions.

I agree with slip on this

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    What? A 10 second cooldown is too much for you?

Free 15 minutes, tp 10 seconds, tp+ 0 seconds.

Making tp 0 seconds sounds silly to me. Just learn to live with the fact that you aren't affected by this change at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. LTPfiredemon

LTPfiredemon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +96
    You really think we deserve a free upgrade to tp+ just because Builders would have a cooldown that's over 100x longer than ours? I'm sorry mate but that's extremely selfish, you're essentially saying "give them something small but I WANT SOMETHING BETTER" It's an extremely selfish view and I don't understand how anyone could think this, the server NEEDS more builders but doesn't need us older people that have already spent our time and money

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #67 LTPfiredemon, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  8. MelpomaenFigwit

MelpomaenFigwit Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Though people want retain some of their feature's worth and ect., wanting to have the advantage 'economically' is unfair for several reasons. I understand that the point of an economy server is for there to have tiers and advantages the higher up you grow, and I support earning things for yourself but I feel earning tpa privileges is like earning the right to be more efficient.

I think that starting out new players should be able to tp to others to work out trades, jobs, or just socialize.. not to mention tping to coords of places that I might have found in the mining world. Yes that might be an economic gain, but only because I used it to help reach point B faster.

There are limited ways to make money already and not being able to efficiently trade with others who don't have tpa, having to ask a person who gave me a job to tp me back to them over and over for whatever reason, and having to struggle to get to coords is a bit overkill and a discouraging. I hate asking for a tp. I feel like I'm being a nuisance and cluttering the chat even though I know how lovely all of the people here are. I've only asked for a tp once.

New players who are willing to work will show you they are. We want to show you I can be efficient. New players who aren't up for the challenge and work won't have an advantage but we definitely will bevaide we'll mark it one.

9. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    +1

Well, why?
    ECC currently is not a beginner-friendly server and TPA with cooldown may help it lot easier.

Even just "/tpa" per 20 minute helps player to meet each other alot, no "/tpahere" needed.

But for those who are concerned that players can just TPA each other can technically reduce the cooldown by half, don't forget that sometime players want to TPA another player which is only available in another player's location.

But since this suggestion is under review, hope it gets accepted soon.

#69 rNin, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  10. cookiefan8888

cookiefan8888 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +211
    +1 it could also reduce spam in chat :)

11. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    I am just SICK of waiting around for people to tpa customers of mine. I would pay all of my ecd's just for this to happen!

12. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    I would LOVE This to occour+1000

13. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    This would be a great feature to have. 15 minute or less cooldown would be best in my opinion.

14. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    You know what.... I totally withdraw all of my comments because now I realize that if this would be added all of the players money would have gone to waste....

15. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    How would their money have gone to waste? Like many people have said before me, there will still be a cooldown before you can use the free tpa. The only possible way I can think of someone losing money has been mentioned before me by padsen. Where instead of asking for a tp in trade chat $200, a player just teleports someone to where they are themselves. The player who purchased tp just indirectly lost $200, but that amount is so small that it is negligible.

16. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    I have paid over 20 bucks in real money for that tpa feat....

17. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I paid 60...

18. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Are you guys upset because you don't want other people to have what you have, even though it is a severely nerfed version of it? Or are you mad because you don't get to make $200?

19. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, first off $200 is nothing. I give out all of my features (except sg kits) for free, so it makes no other impact on me either way. What I was saying is that I spend $20 on a feature that everyone is going to have, what's in it for me? Non cooled down tps? Doesn't change anything considering most of the time people are only doing 1 tp at once. But, I get a non cooled down feature which only LOWERS the amount that my feature is worth and what I paid for it.

#79 Drewbo_, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  20. TheBluePickle

TheBluePickle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Er.. I do not know why you had to mention why $200 is nothing. I was already heavily implying that. Nevertheless, I shall not patronize you for making a simple mistake. If you are wondering why you spent 20 USD on a feature that everybody will have now, it's because you didn't know everybody would get it at the time. More importantly, though, your 20 USD was well spent because you got three years of doing quick and facile teleports. (If you joined ECC the same time you joined the forums) And you can't be that selfish to think that you don't want other people to have tp. Tp is such a common feature on other servers that builders get annoyed when they find out they need to pay money to teleport their friend here. By making tp on ECC with a cooldown to make it fair for the people who bought it, (Though you do have a minor point about people only doing one tp at a time, removing the need to buy tp in the first place) we get much more builders to join ECC. I think @Nicit6 says why we should get tp pretty wonderfully, so I will quote that here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.