Denied Timed Contracts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by confuzzled1996, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confuzzled1996

confuzzled1996 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a solution to a problem that happened to me recently. I had rent a tool from someone for an hour, but when I saw the contract, it didn't say "an hour", it said the time that it needed to be returned by.If I was using my time zone, it would've been 2 hours later, even though the contract was supposed to be for an hour, because he was in a different time zone.

Now the solution to this problem is that all contracts would be done off of the time that the server shows. There is a plugin that can be installed, giving a /servertime command that shows you what the server's time is. For example, if the server was in San Diego, it would read the time for the Pacific Time Zone. Instead of trying to figure out the time difference between time zones, this will help keep everyone honest, and make writing timed contracts much easier. Thank you for your consideration. I hope this will help the server.

#1 confuzzled1996, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    ECC is based on Eastern Standard/Daylight Time. IIRC, contracts with explicit times default to that time zone unless specifically stated otherwise.
    Tab already shows the server time (EST/EDT), so I'm not sure why this would be necessary?

In my opinion, using fixed times in the near future for a contract isn't really useful in general because there's no guarantee that the contract will be approved exactly X hours before that time. It might not even be approved until after that time has passed if the contract is posted during offpeak. It's mostly used for loan payments, which are usually due until the end (in EST) of the target day.

3. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    This isn’t needed. If you rent a tool for an hour and the time it’s due back is 3 hours, something should click that you’re in different time zones. I like to put a time and (est) after it so that it’s clarified what time zone I’m going by in my rental agreements. I’ve rented to over 100 people, most multiple times and I’ve rarely had an issue with people returning tools on time. This is more of a common sense thing, pay attention and make sure everything is clear and adds up before agreeing and taking the tool. If you do a contract or agreement with someone and a time is posted, but you’re not sure what time zone they are basing it off of, simply ask for clarification.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 I feel this will cause more troubles with staff etc. compared to its benefits

Plus, if you forget a timeframe, that should be the person’s fault and their “punishment”

#4 Jdawger, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  5. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +487
    :( i put "EST" as the time zone in the contract

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #5 cheese_ball_3, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. confuzzled1996

confuzzled1996 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    I didnt see that but i got it figured out and returned it after an hour

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We are an EST time based server and it is listed via tab. This is not needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.