The Late Night Show Starring Apple #3 Guests: Nicit6 & Iceyerem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appleprocucling, Nov 25, 2017.

1. appleprocucling

appleprocucling Ex-GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    [​IMG]
    Edition #1: Bmanvman: http://tinyurl.com/ybtm7s9t
    Edition #2: Matrix_rep & Jose0213: http://bit.do/tlnssa2
    Edition #3: Nicit6 & Iceyerem: https://tinyurl.com/y7dzuc3k
    Edition #4: Strongpelt: https://tinyurl.com/yca45sxc
    Edition #5: 314, The Irrational: https://tinyurl.com/y6wb9s98
    Edition #6: ClarinetPhoenix: https://tinyurl.com/ydej7t8d
    Edition #7: andrewkm, JamieSinn & a_man21: https://tinyurl.com/y83sqm6a

[​IMG]

Welcome to Foix and the third edition of The Late Night Show, and once again I'm standing on the very same slab block, welcoming you. Some people have asked if our studio isn't getting a bit warm as we have a full fireplace and lavastone all around. And the answer is no. It can never get warm enough, this BBQ has just started...

Now, lets begin! We have Nicit6 and Iceyerem on the show! Please welcome Nicit!

Hello Nicit and welcome to The Late Night show!

I'll cut straight to the chase, you are not on the staff team anymore? What happened?

Well with school and everything I simply haven't had the time to do anything with ECC. I figured I shouldn't stay on staff if I can't log in.

You have spent 2.5 years of your time on ECC as a staff member, does it feel weird not being staff anymore?

Honestly no. Admittedly this time I'm hardly on to notice

After I joined the staff team myself I got the chance to meet new players and take part in a new "community inside the community", however, I feel that the day I retire I will begin to struggle to keep in touch with many of the players I talk a lot to today, how do you feel about that? Do you find it more challenging to "keep up" with everyone now that you have retired as staff?

I'm still around honestly. Anyone who wants to reach me can and I talk to anyone I want. I met a lot of people through staff and I still keep in touch with a few people who left staff years ago. I don't really see it as any harder to keep up.

What is the best thing about not being staff anymore?

Honestly, it's always a little fun to see someone causing a bit of trouble and just think to myself "huh, glad I don't have to worry about that"

Your most recent rank as staff was "Server Admin", what qualities does one need to have to become a Server Admin compared to Moderator, SuperMod and GA? (asking for a friend)

I'd say the biggest thing if you want to be an SA one day is just to understand how everything works, at least a little. When you're SA, people will come to you with every issue they have. These may range from rules to technical issues, and as an SA you just can't answer "I don't know". You're probably only being asked because nobody else knew.

[​IMG]

Let's jump a few years back: What were your first days on ECC like?

So I was a pretty quiet builder. I made most of my resident money mining (and without enchanted tools too...) A day or two in I saw an ad for a wheat farm being run by THCOOL and King_of_the_Dot. I ended up working there for a bit and making some great friendships along the way.

Back then, what were you looking for when choosing a server, and what made you stay?

I mean honestly, it was so long ago I really just don't remember. I probably liked the idea of the economy and trying to be the richest player.

Now that you have more time to do what you want on the server, what are you up to? Any projects?

I mean honestly... I don't. I resigned because I hardly had time to log in. Still the case, I'm only making it on a couple times a week for a few minutes at a time.

Is there any chance we will see you on the staff team again in the future? Maybe as a "summer job" during summer break?

Not likely. I have a busy summer planned and I'm honestly not going to be around very much at all.

So you have retired for good, more or less?

That's the plan - kind of keep up with my businesses and make those EcoDollars but I won't be playing full time.

As I have become older, I have started to think more and more about if im getting too old to play this block game, and that it might be weird if I didnt stop soon, as any thoughts like that crossed your mind? Or have you always been 100% fine with playing minecraft to this date?

I don't really think it should be a concern. Its just a game like everything else. If you like the game, play the game. If you don't like the game, don't play it. I don't see age as being a factor here.

You mentioned your businesses on the server, what are they?

I have a front row spawnshop and also buy and sell star tools. I give loans here and there too.

What is the one question you have always wanted someone to ask you, im sure there must be one?

I don't know, I'm usually very good at getting people to ask the questions I want.

Wait, so you are telling me that you have controlled my mind through this whole conversation?

Well, you did ask about my businesses, didn't you?

Alright get out, this is creepy

NO U!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologises for the short interruption due to eh.... golf ball-stuff.
    We are ready to take on our next guest, Iceyerem!

Hello Erem, and welcome to The Late Night Show! Hows it going?

Great, how are you? Happy to be on the show!

I'm very good, thank you!

That's great!

You have been around on the server now for over 2.5 years now, is that right?

I believe so, maybe joined the actual server 3 years ago but joined forums account then, but yeah!

What so special about this server that makes you wanna come back again and again?

The community is my favorite part of this server. I always come back and have fun, even if I'm not doing anything, I like the community. The economy is also a really great part of ECC

[​IMG]

I can really agree on that. I remember when I joined back in 2012 I was really impressed with the community and how well the economy worked. Back then there were quite a lot of players around which pretty much molded much of what the server and economy are like today. Speaking of the economy, I hear you are starting a bank?

Yeah, I am, it's called absolute zero but I'm sure lots of people have heard of it!
    Huge thanks to LJKAzrael for investing 500,000 ECD for the bank!

Wow, that's amazing! What made you want to start a bank?

Well, I recently got a lot of money, and for a while now it's been my dream to make a big bank on ecocitycraft. I also have been giving out loans for a long time now so I figured, just make a bank!

Whats your bank going to be like? I heard you have some interesting features like deposit accounts and credit cards?

Yes, that's true! Apparently, it's a little like VOE but I can't really remember the details on that. It'll have lots of features, like those you mentioned as well as investments, shares, and loans! I assume the credit cards are a first time thing on the server, but not sure. The credit cards will basically be mini-loans kind of things, but much smaller interest and much smaller due dates.

[​IMG]

You mentioned VOE, which is for those who don't know Vault of ECC. A bank on the server that was a pretty big deal back in the days. I myself invested $800,000 ECD into it, which I ended up losing, at least for a long time before I got paid back when some of the old bankers returned. Running a bank has been a very risky business on this server through the years, me myself have tried loaning out money in the past with a various degree of success. How will you make sure to investors trust and keeping the bank economically stable when handling so much money in and out, with the bank history on ECC in mind?

My plan is to always have a nice backup pool of money, and I can work hard to make the money back. I'm not necessarily too worried about losing money, I won't. I know that in the past banks haven't always worked out, but since I'm starting off with quite a lot of money, I hope it'll all work out. It should work out.

You say you won't lose any money, but there will always be a risk that loans you are giving out won't be paid back, right?

That's true, but I'll be safe with the larger loans and having excessive background checks, also talking to their references. I'll also set up some sort of collateral as well so that if I'm not paid back I will get items or assets to sell.

Seems like you are a banker with everything under control, but you are not just a banker, you are a part of a clan as well is that right? Tell us about that.

That's true. I was in the bo clan, and as you probably remember, my name was Erembo_. Considering sg isn't as fun anymore, and the bank will probably take up a lot of time for me, I won't have as much time to do sg, but I'm still traced with most of the bo clan. Unfortunately, it seems the bo clan is being more and more disbanded but we still all play sg together.

There has been some controversy around some recent pvp updates on minecraft, I'm not a sg player myself so could you explain what this is about?

Well, bassically people are saying that the new update where you have to reload the weapons, the attack speed I believe it's called, sucks. Some people think the 1.8 update where you could jitter click was better, but lots of other people say no because it's just who has better ping, but 1.9 is all about skill and strategy.
    I myself believe 1.9 is better.

Ah, so people are mad because now pvp is actually more of a skill game instead of just luck and whoever has the best internet connection.
    Maybe players are mad because they cant blame lag anymore?

Yes, that's what lots of the bo clan are saying to the people that think 1.9 sucks. And yes, you're right it used to be quite based on luck or how fast you can click.

What is your opinion on sg kits? Do you think it's a good thing that the server gives benefits to children who can afford to spend tens and hundreds of dollars on a minecraft server, making it harder for those who can't or don't want to pay?

I think that kits are just another way for andrew to make money for him to keep the server up and running, but the kits also kinda make sg pay to win and lost of people get salty because of that. I don't really care about kits, I think they are a little pay to win but really, there's usually there's kits fre matches, and that sorta balances it all out.

I imagine the main issue with sg kits is that they might tend to scare players away. A lot of players discover new servers because they want to check out the sg at first, so imagine logging on for the first time and seeing players with 100$ worth of kits beating you round after round. It won't take them much to click onto another server without kits and end up playing there instead. Whats your thoughts on the current player count, what do you think would make more players stay?

I think that current player count used to be good, stable at around 100 at peak, but it seems it's been cut in half which sucks. I think that if there was a special arena that contained always kit free matches, new players might enjoy that a little more and stay. I remember when I first joined the server, I didn't like the sg at all, I was close to quitting, but I recently got resident so I figured I don't have to play SG but others might not be as fine with the sg kits as I was.

[​IMG]

We are running out of time, but as usual, I'd have to ask you to guess the exact date you think the Skyblock will be released.

To be 100% honest, 14th February 2018

Alright! Did you enjoy being here? And what do you think about the studio? I personally love the view, haha

This was great actually, thanks so much for having me! The studio is really well decorated and I compliment you on that, and for sure, the view is quite amazing!
    Haha!

On a scale from 1-18 golf balls, how would you rate it?

I'm gonna say 18, I don't think there's much you could do to make it better, it's amazing!

Aww, thank you so much.

Now, what do you think of the song "Hymn for the weekend"?

Ohh, this song, this is actually one of my favorite songs! I quite enjoy it.

That's great because here's Chris Martin from Coldplay with an acoustic version, thank you so much for coming up here tonight!

Thank you for having me!

What a wonderful time we have had! And it's about to become even better, Conan O'Brien and Chris Martin, take it away...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 appleprocucling, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    Three so far, all have been outstanding!! I love these, keep it up apple!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    An andrewkm late night show? That sounds hype af

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Indeed.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    This is going to be a fun question ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #5 Jdawger, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  6. KaylahJacobs

KaylahJacobs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +54
    Great work! Loving it :)

7. Ian__D

Ian__D æ
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,679
    How can I be on this lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Wow, amazing job!
    Also nice job to the people interviewed, they performed really well!

I'm joking...

9. PvPMaster911

PvPMaster911 Ex-GA
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +428
    I really enjoyed reading it! Keep up the amazing work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Thank you and everyone else who has contributed giving a very positive overall feedback. The last edition will be published mid-December, and you can really look forward to some very good reads before its all ending with a mystery guest.

11. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Here is a little rebus for you guys. We will have a handful of more guests before the season ends, but two of them can be identified in this image.

[​IMG]

A random player who correctly names the two upcoming guests wins a spot on one of the last editions of The Late Night Show this year.

#11 appleprocucling, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  12. icondigi

icondigi FuryFudge Lover
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,466
    #12 icondigi, Nov 27, 2017
  13. Ian__D

Ian__D æ
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I see 314 but where is Clar?

14. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    @314 because of irrational symbols
    @ClarinetPhoenix because of that woodwind instrument that sometimes squeaks

#14 Jdawger, Nov 27, 2017
  15. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    You may or may not be right, but there is at least one more hint left to discover to help you find the right guests.

16. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Lemme guess, happening today since the time stamp in the corner has today’s date on it.

That, or @Expipiplusone is joining (as the Expedia logo looks like his name)

#16 Jdawger, Nov 27, 2017
  17. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Loved the humour towards the end of Nicit's conversation, keep up the fantastic work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    314 due to the Pi symbol, and ClarinetPhoenix as it's in Phoenix, Arizona

Lowkey googled the image and figured out where it was

#18 Canadian_Apple, Nov 27, 2017
  19. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Great read as always, keep up the good work!

20. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Tomorrow's edition with Strongpelt will be the last show to take place in studio 1 this season. For the upcoming December editions, The Late Night Show will be located in the brand new Christmas themed studio 2 in Foix plaza. Here is a little sneak peek:
    [​IMG]