The ECC Chronicle - Issue 8 (Sunday 14th June)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaylorBros22, Jun 14, 2020.

1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the (slightly delayed) 8th edition of The ECC Chronicle! Myself and Karin (along with @kenny0011) were grinding out the scavenger hunt so did not have time to get this issue out sooner. Not to fear, we're here now!

Firstly, @LaggyTryHard informed us about a secret owner that has been mentioned a few times. The ECC Chronicle has been doing some digging and can exclusively reveal that the secret owner does in fact exist and their favourite desert is Chocolate Fudge Cake. We will keep you informed of any other break throughs in this!

I also want to mention a few other things in this editorial:
    Firstly, it's not too late to apply for the June writing contest hosted by @welikeike22! You can submit your creative pieces here. You have until the 20th June to submit!

Secondly, we have had an influx of new players recently! So please, give out plots, be welcoming and let's make ECC the best it can be when it comes to welcoming new players and making them feel involved. Remember, we were all builders once!

Finally, I'd like to prompt you guys for some ideas! In our next edition I'd like to cover some of the things that make ECC, ECC. Tell us how ECC brightens your day, why ECC holds a special place in your heart and share those happy memories of ECC. If we get enough submission I'd like to create a montage in the next edition! Please post them in the comments or DM myself or @Karin_88 here or on discord.

That concludes my editorial for this week. Please enjoy this edition and, as ever, leave your comments/suggestion below!

[​IMG]
    First up, an account of Minewars held last night by the Founders team, by @Karin_88

June's Minewars happened last night, on Saturday the 13th, at 6pm EST. It was a crazy one too! At least 30 people showed up to watch, and half of those players brought out the big wallets. @OtterInAOnesie took the first two lockers at exactly 501k each. @EtherealSquid walked away with two lockers, and @KingNdm won three, including the premium locker! He paid 2.15 million for the premium locker, and won a godkey spin, a good amount of spawner keys, and nstars. The lucky locker winner with the randomly placed star tool went to Locker #6 winner, @Unique_Beagle, who won with a bid of 555k! It is unknown at the time what star tool he picked, however.
    Minewars will be back July 11th, at 6pm EST. If you are unsure what Minewars is exactly, one of the Minewars staff made a quick thread explaining it here.
    [​IMG]

Next up, our Nether Star report from @Fr0zenTiger.

Alright, lets start off with Main! The cheapest (stocked) Nether Star seller is @Bsqt at /warp station3! He sells Nether Stars for 850 per Nether Star! The buyer who pays the most for your Nether Stars is @BAEKDOOSAN at /warp wolftown! He buys your Nether Stars at a price of 850 per Nether Star! The average Nether Star buy price on Main went from 959.16 per star to 898.84. the sell price went from 764.06 to 667.15! (yes this is true, I recalculated it twice but it really lowered with 100 ecd)
    On to MainNorth! The cheapest (stocked) Nether Star seller is @dred73 at /warp everything! He sells Nether Stars for 800 each! The buyer who pays the most for your Nether Stars on MainNorth is @KG4Life223! He buys for 850 per star! The average Nether Star buy price on MainNorth went from 964.58 per star to 924.70 per star, and the sell price went from 788.33 to 701.92 per star!
    And last, MainEast! The cheapest (stocked) Nether Star seller is @TaylorBros22 at /warp station7! He sells Nether Stars for 875 per star. The best buyer on MainEast is @thecrisper at /warp tuttomoderno! He pays 800 for one Nether Star! The average Nether star buy price on MainEast went from 922.50 to 912.37, and the sell price went from 738.33 to 679.16!
    [​IMG]
    Once again we're bringing you EcoCityCraft players who also post their ECC videos on YouTube! This week, Karin found out that @TBro7 has his own channel too! Check out his ECC video here.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to a suggestion by @OlympiansAreGods, you can now fill out an application to move your town more than the 100 blocks it was before! There is a price tier, of course. Moving a town up to 250 blocks is 250k, and moving a town more than 251 blocks (for an unlimited distance) is 500k. Of course, the town has to remain on the same server, and all other rules regarding town moves have remained the same. To see the application, click here
    @Videowiz92 has suggested more commands to the Investigator Plus feature, and it is currently marked as "Under Review"! He suggested giving players with the feature the ability to check which features another has, and how much xp a player has. These would be extremely useful in helping players decide not only who they can rent their star tool out to, but also a sneaky way to find out if your friend is lacking a certain feature that you can buy for them. Can't wait to see what happens with that one! To see the suggestion in full, click here.
    [​IMG]
    /warp station7 (ME)
    Station7 sells max tools, nether stars for $875 (sell for $800), all things mining, nether, wood, stone and mobs. I offer a free travel bag service too, just /pm TaylorBros22 if I'm in game and you want things moving to another server. I offer some of the cheapest prices on the server.

We need some more advertisers! Please PM me if you'd like to advertise here!
    [​IMG]
    The month of June has brought some fun events thus far! There was a super fun scavenger hunt (see more below), and an exciting Minewars event (see above). However, there's still a few events going on! The June Writing Contest is taking place right now. Submissions should be in by June 20th; see more about the contest here. Also, on June 21st, there will be another Defend the Base! Keep watch on the forums for when to sign up!
    [​IMG]
    This report is hot off the press from @HelenDKN - it's so hot that we have not yet been informed of the 3rd place team! We will let you know as soon as we do!

The scavenger hunt took place over a week, with some very easy challenges to some extremely difficult challenges. Collecting unobtainable items like bedrock was among the list of required items. Even screenshotting each rank of mod promoting the builder bonus was a challenge! The big prizes of giftcards and star tools was motivation for players to dedicate a week of their lives to obtain 100s of items and screenshots. The first and second place won from completing every single challenge whereas third place was to be challenged for until the very last minute with hopes they had more points. In first place we have 'Team CryOly', in second place we have 'The OCD Hoarders'. Third place was a tight race between 'Equestrian Wasteland Wanderers' and 'Team Beangirls' with only 5 points between them in the latest count!

Update: 21:43 BST: 3rd place is a tie! Congrats to Equestrian Wasteland Wonderers and Gayest Admins!
    [​IMG]

This week, we have two shoutouts.

@iSneaky: "a huge thank you to @kenny0011 for being a great guy and his continued sharing of tools, it is much appreciated. Your random jokes and memes are always great and livens up chat."
    I would like to second this shoutout!
    @blazwura97: "Shoutout to @Karin_88 for being the bestestest friend in the whole world. I love you sooo much <3"

If you'd like to submit a shoutout please get in touch!

[​IMG]
    That concludes this edition. I hope you guys enjoyed! Please leave any comments/suggestions below. Thanks to all our reporters for their articles too!​

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #1 TaylorBros22, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2020
  2. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    Thank you!!! I chose an eff7 which I immediately traded for a loot4 god sword which is for sale if anyone is interested :)