The Complaint Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garrett25c, Jun 4, 2013.

?

Do you think that EcoCity needs to work on there amount of complaints?

1. Yes, there are to many silly complaints.

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, the complaints are all good.

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    I've read everything in the ban appeals/complaints section since Monday, and I don't remember 7 of these kinds of carping threads. If you can link them to show I'm wrong, that's great. The point we're making about you only being here 2 days is that we don't usually have much of this--you just joined at an unlucky time, apparently.

2. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    Well, I did get input from a veteran player, who has been on for 9+ months and he agreed with my opinion.

3. RyanJF1

RyanJF1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +951
    This is why we have the ignore feature.

"/ignore username"

You won't see a single message from them.

4. kconahan

kconahan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +279
    This is a very silly thread. You can not play a server for two days and critique anything about the server. You don't know anyone on the server and there for shouldn't be hating on starleanas complaint.. I'm sure at that moment she felt that the player should be banned for his ill advised comment and decided to take action. She wouldn't have wasted her time if she didnt think there was a legitimate chance that the user would be banned.
    Also it is silly to hate on users who have devoted much much more of there time and energy to this great server than you.

5. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9

Sir, don't sit here and tell me what I can and cannot do. I'm going to hate on starlena all I want, as what she did was childish and a waste of a post on this forum. I'm simply stating my opinion to the public, to let them know as a new player how I already feel. You can't revoke my rights to an opinion on this server simply based on my current play time. I am probably intellectually more intelligent then you. Just because my chat name is white, and yours is orange does not give you anymore rights to an opinion then me. If my opinion did not matter, and was false I'm sure that not so many people would have voted yes, and agreed with my opinion. If you won't take it from me take it from them. I hate bias people like you, they aswell make great servers like these worse.

Next time you take the liberty to tell me that my opinion doesn't "matter" and is irrelevant because of my experience and time put into the server, please proved solid logic behind your accusations. If you had half a brain, as I would hope you do. You would have used the two eyes I hope you have to read the entire post, including the "poll" I had put up. I have as of now 12 people agreeing with me, which states that my opinion is backed by 12 people.

My point is; Twelve people agree with what I had to say, apposed to the five who don't. Therefor please don't sit here and tell me my opinion isn't a solid one because of my builder status, when I'm sure a few Residents-Mayors-Presidents backed what I had to say. Thank you for your time, next time just keep your opinion to yourself because I'll probably outwit you once again.

6. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Stop, your are making a fool of yourself. How would you feel if I went out and made a thread about you saying how you wasted a forum post? Yeah, you see. You are just a hater that wants to insult people on this server and my friend that is wrong. Calling kconahan stupid? Yeah, that will really get you far calling someone stupid and then hating on someone that is really nice on the server. Then you go on to say "12 people support me and 5 don't. So I win." That is childish.
    I'm sorry but I had to let this out
    ~knears

7. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9

There was no "insulting" done in that, I simply told him that I won't stand for people telling me I'm not entitled to an opinion because I'm not "experienced" enough on this server. Also stating that I have 12 backers, is not childish. It is using what is given to me as evidence, to prove to him that my point is legitement. Thanks for your opinion though Knears.

8. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    He wasn't telling you nothing about you saying you can't say your opinion. He's saying that you can't come here and say "the complaints have to be this way and this way only"

9. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9

How can you be so lost mentally, you pretty much just proved my point exactly.. Not allowing me to saying anything about the current complaint system, is the same as saying I'm not allowed to put forth my opinion, please think before you speak sir.

10. asiasi27

asiasi27 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    Although Starleana's thread wasn't the biggest complaint in ecc she felt bad and she wanted to tell the mods that felt bad. No need to bash her although her post was kinda pointless.

11. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9

I understand, I wasn't trying to bash her she was just unluckily the most recent case of my issue I could find!

12. kconahan

kconahan Builder

Ratings:
    +279
    knears2000 <3 thank you. Garret, you keep saying that your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, "all men are entitled to free speech" but that doesn't apply here. Your rank, [builder] on this fine server, says that you have not devoted your self to this server even enough to obtain your very first rank. This makes your opinion less valid in the eyes of everyone else who loves this server and had devoted them selves to it. You simply do not have the back round knowledge of the server and all it's amazing community to go around accusing people of things like this. Also saying that just because higher ranking people have agreed with your "poll" is childish. You are using there high rank to make your point valid..
    I also want to mention that this is a very bad way to start your self off in ecc, by making enemies of some of ECCS more respected members.

Just sayin... I am not going to post anymore on this thread because I feel that this conversation is going nowhere, and frankly I don't have time to waste on people like you who think there right no matter what.

Sincerely,

13. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    "Also saying that just because higher ranking people have agreed with your "poll" is childish" is a statement you made, and then proceed to use your rank as leeway as to why you're opinion is above mine, logic?

14. generaljoecool

generaljoecool Builder

Ratings:
    +180
    After reading through the recent posts on this thread, I am going to make a statement as a moderator here:

All Garret25c is doing is stating his opinion on this thread, and some people will agree, and some will disagree, it is the nature of every muilti-sided statement. I am not writing this reply to support either side of this, just to calm it down a bit, as this is starting to lean toward a flaming thread, and that would require it to be locked.

I would hate to see this thread locked, as user feedback, whether they are new or old users is useful to a strong community. It may be true that new users are generally a bit "off" about their opinions due to lack of experience on the server, however that fact alone does not mean their opinions are wrong or useless, especially when they do some research before posting.

Also, the age range on this serve is large, and the cultures of our players varies greatly. What may be perfectly fine and appropriate to one user, may offend another, and seem irrelevant to outside parties. Though some complaints that are posted are far from being anything close to a rule violation, some users may take it as such.

In short, this is meant to be a neutral post, mainly to keep this from turning into a flaming thread, as this thread could be a useful asset to players.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Okay, please don't hold my opinion as the opinion of the server or the staff team. This is just simply my opinion.

Sometimes there are posts, I will not say which ones, which I feel weren't necessary. That being said, I would rather people post anything they feel is necessary and have it properly looked over. Why? Because if we start saying "This complaint is stupid" or "that complaint wasn't necessary." We might get a few people who refuse to file because they were scared they'd be blown off even though they had valid complaints.

Revanrose6

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. d_face012

d_face012 Builder

Ratings:
    +323
    Mod app time = mini mod time the complaints will shift lower by the time ending

17. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
  18. d_face012

d_face012 Builder

Ratings:
    +323
    No, if people make complaints let them to get their own evidence it isn't the mods problem to its them that should

19. skatechick28

skatechick28 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    I agree with Garrett25c, I also look at the complaint and ban appeal section, and there comes a point when some complaints are unnecessary and can be resolved with the /ignore command. I just think there needs to be some sort of line where if you can deal with it by using the ignore command great, but if it starts to escalate into something more maybe take to filing a complaint. The Unnecessary complaints seems like it takes a lot of staff's time and energy, when they could be handling more important things. In my opinion i think people need to use a little more common sense, before having staff get involved.

20. Dccciz

Dccciz Nicememer55
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    I disagree with Garrett. And I also think that you don't need to pick on players to get your point across. The amount of complaints shouldn't affect your gameplay on the server. Even if there is a silly complaint, why should anyone care? The moderators are excellent at doing their jobs, and they handle the situation perfectly.