The Complaint Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garrett25c, Jun 4, 2013.

?

Do you think that EcoCity needs to work on there amount of complaints?

1. Yes, there are to many silly complaints.

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, the complaints are all good.

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    Garrett25c here, and I'd like to publicly pitch in on a problem that I find to be quite alarming and rather appalling, in my perspective anyways. I myself am the kind of guy who likes to read through the ban appeals/complains to see which misfits have been getting into trouble, and which good Samaritans have been staying out of it! I started doing this last night, and I was disgusted with what I saw. Literally 25% of the complains I looked at, were reports on people for the stupidest and most outrageous reasons. I'll take Starlena for an example, she last night was going on about how her life sucks, simply for attention from the members of attention craft and a user by the name Timbobzimbob simply said "Starlena no one cares" her response to that was "screenshotted "

Now at this point I thought she was joking and continued to roll around on my floor laughing, because it was rather hilarious that she would even joke about posting a complaint about this. I then went to check the forums 10 minutes later and I literally saw a report on Timbobzimbob, whom she tried to get banned for saying "No one cares".

I have been active on this server for only two days now, and I have seen complaints being thrown around willy nilly every day, for some of the up most stupid reasons. EcoCity isn't a server about Economy anymore, it's merely a server where everyone is literally out to get each other.

I request that for the love of all Mods/SuperMods/Admins/GameAdmins that you all man up, play the game, report the hackers, report the scammers, report the spawn spammers and move on with your lives. I don't want to have 30,000 complains put out on me when I tell someone I don't care, that's unreasonable and it's once again; appalling to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Just two days active? I think this could have waited until later. That's not really enough time for you to make this statement:

Even if we get invalid complaints, the staff knows what to do. We really don't get that many of those kinds of complaints. Just look at the staff response to the complaint you mentioned.

3. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    I see the point you are trying to put forth, but at the end of they day we want ECC to have the best community ever were all members are polite and courteous to each other.

4. FiFyFoFumOtter

FiFyFoFumOtter does NOT eat mayo on chipotle burritos
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +173
    No at all. Eco can't change tha amount of complaints. Only the users can. It is also not the servers fault, but again the Users. You have not been here nearly enough (compared to my two years) to make such a statement with the little toy observed. You observed a tiny feud in which to players were mad and did everything possible to get at each others throats. This only occurs at most once a month, most of the time, less.

#4 FiFyFoFumOtter, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  5. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77

Perhaps ye be meaning "at most once a month.

Also, mahna mahna.

#5 pokeboy24, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. FiFyFoFumOtter

Ratings:
    +173
  7. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    While I believe his is becoming more and more true (sadly) there are a lot of great kind people out there that are nice and help others. You just have to find the right people.

8. FiFyFoFumOtter

Ratings:
    +173
    That's not true. That's how economy will always be, for economy is a dog eat dog world.

9. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    No one is out to get anyone okay, I appreciate that you put your time and effort I to this but seriously, you've been on the server for two days and your already saying this. No, some people are sensitive, maybe stars day was bad and was in a bad mood. No need to make a thread about it.

10. brandbauer

brandbauer ℬeacon ℒegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +798
    I would prefer that super moderators+ could check any chat logs if necessary, rather than only server admins/owners being able to.

11. SonnyCola

SonnyCola Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +272
    Guys what he means by that statement isnt by a "dog eat dog" economy server. that is how it has always been. What he is talking about is somwhat similar to "snitching". Just people telling on eachother "in other words reporting" just to get eachother in trouble for saying just one word or phrase such as "you are stupid". In my eyes Garette has brought up an excellent point. Alot of the complaints are useless little things. Some people just need to ignore people on the internet. But after all, ECC isnt feeling like a community. It seems like people just want to be moderator pets and report eachother for everything nowadays. This is why I personally choose ventrillo. I do not talk in chat very often due to the way that I myself talk. This to me is a major turnoff to ECC.

12. pgeoffroy

pgeoffroy Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    I agree with you ~ however, you shouldn't defamate users ( Starleana ) to prove your point.

Besides that, I understand what you're saying and agree with you, many times I see useless complaints taking away the attention from the truly important issues, and there's no need to post a complaint for something that can easily be solved with one command (/ignore) . Also, if people can make "thank you [mod/ player", "I'm leaving", and "Need donations for [rank]", I don't see why this person's forum post is ''unneeded" or somehow spam.

13. Odoterm

Odoterm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +36
    Garrett, I must say you are wrong. Go and try to find some other server with staff this active, this hardworking. The players of ECC follow the rules very well. The ECC community is like a family. They may sometimes be out to get each other, like brothers and sisters, but people always make up. Problems are always solved by the wonderful staff, and I must express that you are wrong. Starleana may have felt offended by the comment, but you maybe have not. Saying that the Staff members should "man up" is very rude, nance the Staff are working very hard. Since you have been on ECC for 2 days, I suggest sticking with us and observing the actions more :).

14. myminecrafter01

myminecrafter01 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +184
    I agree, there are many silly complaints. The Ban Appeal system is also a joke.
    ECC can't change the amount of complaints, but if they lock the silly complaints they could change the attitude around posting stupid complaints. This would cause less people to post silly complaints, because they know the Moderators will not followup upon it.

15. asiasi27

asiasi27 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    You are one of the most promising builders I have ever seen. :) I hope you stay on this server.

16. asiasi27

asiasi27 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    I found mhxl's backup account.

17. evevet101

evevet101 Builder

Ratings:
    +49
    No it's a Steve eat Steve world

18. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77

Good thing you're a cat, then.

19. FiFyFoFumOtter

Ratings:
    +173
  20. Garrett25c

Garrett25c Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think you all really understand the my whole train thought behind this. My point exactly is i've only been on this server for two days, and I'm able to find 7+ recent reports that didn't need to be there. I understand I'm a builder any my opinion is quite irrelevant to that majority of you who think you're above me because of my tag, but my point is more than valid. The current report system is over used, for stupid little oblivious reasons.