[Suggestions Wanted] ShopDB Bot - /pm for prices and teleport to trade signs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kozz, Jun 11, 2020.

1. CapitanRedRoach

CapitanRedRoach Aka FrenchHornPlayer
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +282
    Reccomend having shopdb bot give an error when it cannot tp you to it, such as “are you vanished”? Or have shopdb have access to force tp you as a mod would no matter if you’re vanished or not

2. Kozz

Developer Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    I can add this.
    It's currently configured to send an error message if you attempt to teleport cross-server, but not if the player cannot be found.

3. Freake8

Freake8 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    It happened to me multiple times that the bit would teleport me to a wrong chestshop in towns that have multiple shops.
    Example:
    If I ask shopdb where to find cheapest diamonds, it'll offer /warp plots at price 25. But there are let's say 5 different players selling diamonds. Once I request tpa, it teleports me to random (?) chestshop in plots selling diamonds, for different price of course.

My suggestion : Either: /pm shopdb tpa buy/sell <server> <town> <price> <item>.

Or it would be cool if just asking for price also provides name of the shop owner. So if I ask for diamonds, it'll tell me that cheapest diamonds are sold at /warp air by player PLAYER1.
    So then I'll do /pm shopdb tpa buy main PLAYER1 air diamond?

That would be really cool!

4. Kozz

Developer Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Hey all - I've been on vacation in the past week so haven't had time to keep the bot up.

I'll be re-designing the bot teleportation feature to use player names instead of shop names.
    /pm shopdb tpa <buy/sell> <server> <playername> <item>

I am also looking into the issue of getting teleported to different trade signs than you have specified.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. kimi2QT

kimi2QT Ultra kawaii weeb
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +72
    Out of stock report: Use pms or other report method to receive a report when a shop is out of stock. You could use 3 separate submitted reports to verify a shop is out of stock within 1-3 days of each other. This would reflect in the web search and it would be up to shop owners to verify stock via screen shot to change this. The only part of this that might be manual is the restock verification.

The numbers are purely suggestive, what I'm suggesting is the concept. I think it'd be more productive to have most shops showing out of stock than travelling through 5+ shops to find one in stock.

*edit* i did see the post about your absence i'm in no rush for this, if it's possible

#25 kimi2QT, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020