Denied [Suggestions] Stock Market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by goblizz, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Minecraft Name: goblizz

Suggestion: Changes to the Stock Trader.

Reason: The stock trader, after its introduction, was extremely popular over the course of the 3 month iPad competition. However, it was quite buggy and required some effort to fine tune. Now that the server is just under a year removed from the initial competition, I feel like a couple small changes could be beneficial for the trader to regain popularity.

Any Other Information:

1. Do another Stock Trader competition - Another competition would definitely help the stock trader regain popularity. Using an application format similar to the events competition and setting start and end dates will allow for users to accumulate the necessary funds and participate. People must stay within the market rules and server rules, and the winners will be judged on % gained on initial investment.

2. Adjust Market Open Time to 10:00 AM EST (7:00 PST) - After reevaluating how ECC markets work, the only thing that could stand in the way of ECC markets functioning properly without abuse is IPOs. The exploit, however, with IPOs is difficult to perform, and can be pretty well contained when monitored. A couple users working with staff can determine abusers, and if they are repeat abusers will be banned like exploits (no appeal).

3. Adjust the minimum share price to $1 - All things remaining the same, the market will still open at 12 PM EST and the selling will still be at 3 days. No matter the price of the stock or the change, the user purchasing will still have to wait before taking profits, and the investment can change in those three days. So, even if they buy a stock that goes up 50% the day they buy, they still have to wait 2 more days before selling. Plus, opening up from a $1 minimum will allow the purchase of stocks like Sirius XM, Alcatel Lucent, Chesapeake Energy, and more.

4. Adjust the sell time to one day - Keeping the market open at noon and the $5+ rule, a one day sell time will allow for taking gains and small profits. It will allow for a bit more liquidity of investments, and permit users to buy and sell more often. Plus, gains from the morning will likely have stabilized by the noon open, which means that it will be difficult to try and ride the "big gainers".

Note: Number 1 can be done independent of 2-4, but 2-4 should not be done all together. That didn't work out :p

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: Stock Trader Configs/Rule Changes as necessary.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I completely agree with Number 1, a new stock trader competition can and will revitalize interest in the stock market in ECC, especially without many of the exploits, which levels out the playing field somewhat and makes things fair. To make things more fair however and level out the playing field even more, I'd support a system where users who wish to participate in the competition can apply for an additional Forum Bank account and we start everyone out with 100k or whatever. It wouldn't be possible to transfer money to the server via the forum bank, so all users, regardless of wealth can participate equally and have an equal chance to win.

As far as options 2-4 go, I'd much rather go with option 2. We see players consistently complaining about not being able to trade due to timezones/time constraints. We'd have more players participating in the stock competition and more players buying/selling stocks on ECC in general, as less players will be limited by time constraints. I'd also be more than willing to assist staff in spotting abusers.

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #2 UnitedStates2, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  3. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    +1 If this actually gets implemented I'll have an incentive to stop ignoring the Stock Trader

4. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    We have stocks?
    :p +1

5. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
  6. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
  7. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    +1 *nudges Jamie/Andrew*

8. Whammerist5

Whammerist5 ø☗ø Guardian ø☗ø
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +839
  9. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
  10. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    Yes, please.

11. RaNdOm_CrAfTeR

RaNdOm_CrAfTeR Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +85
  12. Phantomine

Phantomine Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +954
    +1

this will make me want to use the stock trader

13. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
  14. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
  15. polltax

polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    ^, I would use stocks but the open/closing times are whack! I'm sure it would be an easy fix and would do more harm than foul. A minimum share price of $1 is also welcomed, so is the changed sell time of a stock. +1,000,000!

16. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Bump. If admins want to discuss with me my reasoning before implementing, just let me know here or in a PM and I'll be more than happy to elaborate.

17. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +769
    +1 yes please

18. DexNumber637

DexNumber637 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +111
    Competitions. I don't have a problem with that. Who does? Let's be honest here.

+1

The Stock is changed from 10 AM EST to 4 PM. For the players in Australia, this time frame must be almost completely unavailable for people who have a normal schedule (nobody really has).

+1

I invested in AMD before the 5$ rule was added. It's a small stock that bounces around quite a bit. I made some pretty decent money from it (IRL and In-Game), and I was only about 20 spots from #1 (then a sold everything. rip.). Now, I can't make just a little more money.

+1

I can understand while this was implemented. You could just make really quick money if you had a large amount of money, which alot of people have. If there's a value surge, you could buy a lot of the stock, then sell it the next day or the night after if the time change you proposed is added. Besides, this actually requires the buyer to be at least a little strategic with the stock they purchase.

So,

19. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    I personally think - in order to get more people investing in the stock trader, a sell time of 1 day - opens up plenty of new trading techniques. I would love to see that implemented. DexNumber, you argue the case that people could make really quick money... Everyone would be rich if you could make tons of quick and easy money in the stock trader. It's not as easy as it seems. For people to really get involved in the stock trader and stocks - they should be able to make money within time periods of 1 day - 1 week. Having the 3 day rule makes things unrealistic and tricky.

I personally live in Australia, and the market opens from like 1:AM-4AM my time. Impossible to trade. However I have people in America who very generously buy those stocks for me. However I would much prefer more realistic sell periods then longer stock time-frames.

#19 DeMacca, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  20. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.