[Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SubaruIsBestBoo, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    Let me start by acknowledging that I don't play SG much.

That being said, if I am looking to make a business deal with someone, but there is someone I would rather not do business with, then I don't do business with them. It's not worthy of giving them undue criticism or critique.

If you don't enjoy playing SG with someone because you think they may hack, or for whatever your grievance is... Don't play with them. If you do play with them, and have evidence for a complaint, you file a complaint. That's about it.

Anything more may likely be too intrusive, and beyond the mandate of the appeal/punishment process. But those are just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    This thread isn't a place to personally attack somebody.
    Don't make it sound like him defending his "opinion" is any worse than you voicing your "opinion." It does not contribute to the discussion in any way.

All your argument says is that neither side is presenting facts. I see no reason why the best course of action resulting from that would be changing something based on opinion, when nothing is wrong to begin with. "Don't fix what's not broken" just becomes more true under this argument.

3. CordialBacon

CordialBacon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +284

Not true. Sometimes it takes me up to 20+ minutes to upload a screenshot because my browser might freeze, or my minecraft might freeze, because I'm doing something else or I have many tabs up. Not to mention I have to find me .minecraft folder, wait 3+ minutes for all the screenshots to load, scroll to the bottom, which takes another minute, drag and drop it into imgur, wait another minute for imgur to process it, get the right link, and assuming minecraft hasn't frozen, send the screenshot. All of this could take up too 25+ minutes, depending on the circumstances.

4. minecraftninja05

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Not needed what done now is enough…

5. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder

Ratings:
    +337
    I literally just took a screenshot, went to my %appdata%, went to imgur and uploaded the screenshot in about 30 seconds. Of course some people might be slower but if it takes them more then 3 minutes to do it then they have a terrible computer and probably cant even install hacked clients anyway.

6. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373
    You're saying that nothing is broken with the system being used now? I'm not sure what your definition of "broken" is, but there are many...many things broken with the server in general. You're supposing nothing is broken even in the hacking sector of the server? k

7. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Well I suppose it is about time I tossed my hat into the ring. To be fair though, most of my opinion has already been brought up by other players and staff.

First of all, I would like to say NAVYSEALS2000, I get the concept you are aiming for. The Criminal Justice system does frequently do random unannounced arrivals at parolee's homes. The parole officer shows up, knocks on the door, and the parolee has to let them in. They have to let them search the house. This is not that though.

There are stark differences between the capabilities of evidence collection in real life and in game. In some cases, in game is better and in others, real life is better. This is one of the things that would be easier done in real life but is easier said then done in game.

As many people have stated there are complications to this system. I PM you and you are afk. You aren't able to respond/screenshot/etc. What is the correct response there? A ban? Is that fair to be banned for being afk? If we say, 'No, don't ban them.' Then the system becomes irrelevant because everyone with hacks would just know to fake being AFK when they get a PM.

I'm not going to argue that the staff don't have enough time, because it appears that argument is going to get flat out ignored. So instead I'm going to stick with the facts of this. This system would result in one of a few things. One, no one getting banned, because everyone is looking for loop holes/turns off hacks. Two, everyone who doesn't respond immediately, can't take a screenshot, takes too long, or is overall having a challenge gets banned. Then we end up with appeals claiming false bannings, etc, without any proof. Or three, we get lucky, catch a few people, and still run into these snags.

I'm sorry, but, personally I don't want to deal with a system as flawed as this one. There are too many variables, too little certainties, and too much room for error.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829

Anyone who takes a lot of screenshots cannot do it that quickly. I, personally, can easily take hundreds of screenshots a day. Processing all of those screenshots and getting scrolled down to the one I need can take a while... And anyone with a really crappy computer who takes a lot of screenshots could be waiting up to five minutes.

Sure, I could take a screenshot and upload it in 30 seconds, but I personally (and so would many others) have to use PrntScrn so I can easily CTRL+V right into imgur, assuming I have the page up already. Using PrntScrn not only makes it a huge privacy invasion, but it can completely mess up someone's clipboard (I use my clipboard for trade advertisements, because I am against using macros and powertools).

There are too many variables in speed of screenshot uploading, just like there are too many variables on this entire suggestion to make it logical for implementation.

9. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    -snip-

#89 AgentHare, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  10. appleprocucling

appleprocucling Ex-GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    This suggestion won't work out in so many ways...

11. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Considering the blatant personal attacks against people contributing to this suggestion who aren't agreeing with it, I will no longer be commenting. I have no desire to be attacked over my opinion. I have stated my opinion as have many others. Our concerns are valid and are not being fully addressed. If anything they have been ignored for cheap shots. I will be unwatching this thread. I hope that what is best for the server comes of this thread.

That all being said, if I do see this turn into a flame war, I will stop it.

12. ninjadude501

ninjadude501 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +71
    The SA has spoken.

13. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    That doesn't matter. The SA is not the end to all decisions.

14. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    Right, so instead of saying "Oh, this suggestion is shit" Please elaborate.

15. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    The reasons have been said many times already, that was basically my support post to the part that does not think your suggestion will work. And I don't know where i wrote "Oh, this suggestion is shit", so I think you have been wrongly informed somewhere.

Ok please answer these question, because I don't have the solution for them myself.

1. What if the player is ark? Will he get banned?
    2. What if he pretends he is afk? How will we find out?
    3. What if the hacked client does not show up on the normal screen? Will he be concluded as a non-hacking player?
    4. What would have happened if the player had chat turned off?
    5. What if he /ignore the mod that send the message?
    6. If the player can't upload screenshots?
    7. If the player can't take a picture in-time because of chat spam?
    8. If he pretends he got spammed and could not take a picture, and instead used that time to clear the screen for evidence before a new picture?
    9. If the player just edit away the Hacked client logo (or whatever is there)?

And 10. Why are you so mad at everyone that asks critical questions about this?

I hope you take this seriously and please reply to this in a professional way. (If you ever want to reply)

-Apple

16. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    1. I don't believe I had said this before, but make sure and see them post in global/any chat besides trade. Or if they win an sg.
    2. N/A
    3. Everybody is asking what happens if it's not on the normal screen, what's the point of mods asking for it in appeals?
    4. >#1
    5. Probably ask another mod that isn't "busy"
    6. Everyone can upload screenshots. There might be 1% of people. But "PrtScn" is an option.
    7. Scroll up...?
    8. >#7
    9. That gets a little obvious.
    10. I don't think you get the point.

17. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Ok, I have read your answers, but I still think its too easy to get away with it. The mods have read your suggestion as well, and as far as I know they haven't added your method. I think that speaks for itself. (Feel free to rate this creative btw, as you have done on other posts that does not support the suggestion)

18. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder

Ratings:
    +337
    says the one who rated his post creative.

19. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    That is correct. Thank you for making that clear. I gave him 1 creative rating on what i thought was a creative answer.

20. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    The solution to this issue is so incredibly easy. Force tp to them while in vanish to see if they are afk or not... Literally takes 4 seconds to do so. The same thing done to catch auto farmers/fishers and all that stuff.

Also, not sure if you have seen, but there was a hacking complaint against me (lol) In the complaint you can see I took a screen shot with my main menu open (Push ESC) In this screenshot you can see my /seen in the background showing I didn't log off. What about doing something like this? Make someone take a screenshot like that, and the mods message must be in that picture. If the person said they missed it, send it again. If they immediately log off, that is no coincidence and has an obvious result. I understand that people will blame it on lag. But that one out of 100 people that actually do lag out at that perfect time, in my opinion, let them take a 3 day temp ban. If they really care about ECC they wont B.... and moan about it they will realize what the goal is and accept the ban without to much of hassle.

If one person out of 100 is wrongly banned due to a unlucky lag out at the perfect time, I feel a true member of our community should be willing to take accept that ban in order get rid of a large portion of hackers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.