[Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SubaruIsBestBoo, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373
    Clearly it does...from my understanding of how they ask for it in survival.

2. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    Mmk, what if the moderator was to whisper to a play Andrade a screenshot of the whisper and the player must screenshot immediately when he receives the whisper. We can just look at the time stamps.
    And if you are going to say that they will remove it before the whisper then we can have a rule enforced on all players so that if a mod whispers to them they are to screenshot it and send it to the mod.

3. deondre33

deondre33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    i used to be a hacker months ago when I got banned and u could hide the mods and cleints so it looks like ure screen is normal then u could just turn in back on so this would not work for most people

4. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    Thanks for reiterating what half of the other people have already said.

5. deondre33

deondre33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    Oh lol did not notice

6. deondre33

deondre33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    Oh and kuke was right when I used clients 4 months ago there was not folder on one of them

7. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
    Not very hard to cover...

As an ex-hacker (Before I joined ECC) I used to go f3 when something like this happened.
    f3 may remove any signs of the hacked clientm maybe

8. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    So can you explain why mods ask for a screenshot of their screen in survival mode?

9. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    That's not common practice, some of us do, some of us don't. But that particular statement has nothing to do with the original suggestion, as I've already explained that screenshots are worthless for that.

10. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    I still don't see why this argument is going on. The fact of the matter is, that there is no guarantee that this system will work. In the long haul, it will cause more problems for innocent players than it will for actual hackers.
    Timestamps wouldn't help any. For one, you don't know the quality of the users internet connection. If the quality is bad, the upload times for even a simple picture could take longer than the time frame they are given to upload the screenshot for review. This would lead to innocents being punished more than the actual hackers. If people are given ample time to upload screenshots, then they could very well just use this time to remove any signs of hacks and then submit the screenshot. All in all, it's not a system that fits here in ECC.

11. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    In reality, there's no way to tell if someone has stopped using pvp hacks. They're let on by either A) Apologizing enough, or B) "Proving" they have no hacked client.

12. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    And this problem has nothing to do with your suggestion. Your suggestion is a checkup, all it does is waste the time of everyone involved for no real evidence. Whatever happens in appeals and however people get unbanned has absolutely nothing to do with what you're suggesting.

So in reality, this suggestion is a waste of time. And I explain why, only to have you bring up something completely irrelevant. If you have a problem with the appeals themselves, write a suggestion about that, but don't bring that up in this suggestion.

13. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    Completely irrelevant? So my suggestion has NOTHING to do with hackers or how they're dealt with? k
    And no, it wouldn't be a waste of time for everyone. You said earlier that this would waste staff's time, iirc, staff are supposed to moderate? You're saying this would waste their "moderating" time, when this takes a minute, at most, to do. You're assuming that staff uses the majority of their time moderating. Trade chat seems to never be moderated unless someone has to bring it up. So clearly, any given minute of staff's time is "Very important and shouldn't be interrupted."
    Right.

14. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    What you said is irrelevant because you were complaining about APPEALS. Your suggestion is about spot checks. In the end your goal is the same, but what you're saying are 2 different things. So yes, it's irrelevant.
    And yes, it would waste both side's time. It would waste the time of the person who has to prove himself, and the staffmember's time. And it's a waste of time because it doesn't do anything, it doesn't prove anything, it's useless. Therefore it's a waste of time.
    And for the rest, if that's how you wish to interpret it, be my guest. But that's irrelevant to the suggestion.

15. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    Hacking -> Spot checks
    Hacking <-> Appeals
    Clearly, they have nothing to do with each other.
    By looking at how many people have gotten banned for having hacks in their screenshot, it could lead to something.

#75 SubaruIsBestBoo, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  16. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Like I said, the goals are the same, but the means are completely different and not relevant to each other.
    The spot checking is what you're suggesting, it happens AFTER the appeal goes through. It's not related to how the appeal is handled, it's related to what happens when an appeal is accepted. You clearly have a problem with how the appeals are handled based on your statement.

17. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +337

wow u so n00b, donut u know bettr den dat. Dey hav nothin in commen.

Like seriously...I dont even understand why this is being argued against. It takes 1 minute to send a message, and 1 minute to send it to imgur. If they have such valuable time that they cant waste 2 minutes of their time...then i dont even know what to say.

18. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    I'll put it at this.
    I have my opinion, you have yours. According to you, yours is correct. Yours will not change no matter what. What you say is a fact, no matter what. If anyone thinks differently than you, that's a problem. You will not change how you think because clearly, you're always correct.
    Sounds great.

19. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Again, the word "waste" is used. It's useless because it has no effect whatsoever. That's why it's called wasting time.

20. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829

I'm extremely quick when it comes to taking a screenshot, uploading a screenshot, and sharing a screenshot. (This is in the case of, "oh, well s***, instant paranoia when I could be instant - stress causes slowness.) This is partially because I have insanely fast internet. My average speed, when trying to be quicker than normal, would be about five minutes. As well, even if I am faster, I have to make sure I am watching the game at the same time to make to sure that

a) I don't die (what if I am at a spawner grinding, on a high ledge with fall death probable, and/or traversing lava without Pyro+?)
    b) I'm not revealing anything secret (a build/structure/vault/etc)
    c) I'm not in the middle of an important and/or very personal conversation (sorry, but people do have those on ECC)
    d) I'm not in the middle of a contract deal (sorry, I don't want Staff getting me banned because someone complained and didn't believe me when I said Staff interrupted me)
    e) I'm not in the middle of any trade deal, auction, etc (similar to the above)
    f) I'm not missing the Staff member, harassing me for proof of innocence, saying anything else to me (all Staff handle things differently)
    g) I'm not in an SG game or PVP, or any other interactive game (at this point I'm sure more will be coming to ECC)
    h) any NUMBER of other things

I'm sorry, but I am not a mindless, extremely rich donor with near-godmode, robotic, do-nothing-all-the-time person. Even if I was literally doing NOTHING but standing still and watching chat, it can still take time to upload a screenshot. And my average fast speed is with amazing internet speed and a decent computer... Many people have very crappy internet speed and crappy computers.

As well, yes, it "wastes" Staff's time. Why? Once they prompt the "question" of someone's innocence and demand proof of their innocence, they have to halt everything they are doing to make sure they do not miss the person sending a link to them. Especially nowadays, it's insanely difficult to moderate chat AND talk to (AND wait for) another person; one of the many reasons why Staff don't have time to chat for fun anymore.

Also, when you add on all of the people who have hacked previously and are now on the list of privacy invasion, it could take quite a while out of Staff's time. Considering how insanely easy it is to hide hacks (and no, people will not be idiots and screenshot their hacks like you see in contracts and complaints - they are freaking being asked to prove they are not hacking; instant ringading in the mind,"oh, gotta hide my hacks" - most of what the Staff get for an image will be clean, whether the person is innocent or not. During this time, they are moderating very little, maybe poorly, or miss something else important that Staff needed to read in-game or hear on TS3. Multitasking is not in everyone's blood or skill set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.