[Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SubaruIsBestBoo, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373
    UI spot checks for users convicted of using a hacked client.
    When people have been convicted offenders, a mod should be able to periodically whisper them, and ask for a screenshot. The screenshot MUST include the mod's whisper, and be UN-EDITED.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    To be honest, I think that is a little extreme for our server. Some servers might be able to adopt this just fine, however I don't see that kind of requirement fitting into our system so well. I understand where you are coming from, but I just don't think it's necessary for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    That would be good just as proof.

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I like the basis of the idea but there's a couple issues...
    what if the offender is having such a high volume of chat, seeing and screening the message is not possible?
    what if the offender is on minechat/other chat client?
    what if the offender cannot upload screenshots?
    what if the offender is AFK?
    what if the offender is under contract not to show part of his/her screen (e.g. hide a build) when the message is received?

most importantly,
    what if the offender declines to do so?

I am in no way favoring action be taken simply due to extremely circumstantial evidence, and someone not being able to prove their innocence at random times. If they happen to be hacking, let them be caught, let them be banned. If they aren't hacking, lets not ban them for being unwilling to take a screenshot/upload it at any given moment.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I'm in agreement with t_bone and nicit. As well, I see "spot checks" as an invasion of privacy. People are not on parole nor are they in contract with the server, server rules, Staff, or any other form to provide evidence of their innocence.

6. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    Most of the time, when you see a pm in bright pink, it brings your attention to it, especially if the sender is in blue/red.
    Oh I don't know, maybe make sure they're moving/sg or so?
    Nearly everyone can do screenshots...
    They look up at the sky/ground when taking it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058

What if the player has chat turned off?
    What if the player has particular members of staff /ignore'd?
    "Nearly Everyone" implies there are those who can't. Rules are to be applied equally to everyone, why punish those who cannot follow a rule that is a hassle to everyone involved.

and again, what if the player declines to do so? You can't ban people for refusing to come to their own defense, or self incrimination.

If people are hacking, let them be caught. Lets not punish those who've learned from their mistakes, lets focus on catching those we know hack and not sending staff members on the hunt for "evidence" that's not there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,086
    Not just repeat offenders, ANYONE. This will remove so many hackers from our server and make the experience for new players better.

+1

9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058

...no...
    ...so much no...
    Submit everyone at random to an inconvenience without provocation? Assume everyone is guilty until they can prove their innocence?

New players aren't going to want to stay in an environment where the staff seem to think they're guilty of doing something. Really, older players won't want to stay. What happens when people decide they don't want to submit these screenshots? Do they just get banned? I'm not staying on a server where I have the burden of proof for my own innocence. If I'm going to be banned from a server because I didn't do something that proved I didn't do something nobody accused me of, that's not a server I'll bother to get myself unbanned from, much less support with my own cash.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    If this is such a "Hardcore" economy server, then there should be things that are in effect to keep it hardcore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    If we know they hack...why are they still on? I don't think you understand how hard it is for staff to come to a conclusion that someone is hacking. There is server lag, client lag, and a few more problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058

...those aren't really related to the points I'm trying to make. I realize it's hard for staff to come to a conclusion about hacking. I'm saying two things here:
    - Players should not be required (nor, in all likelihood, will they) to submit evidence that would ONLY serve to get them banned.
    - All players should be allotted some degree of privacy. Even if they have previous hacking complaints, they were caught once, logic serves that should they continue to hack, they will again be caught.

13. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    It would be their own fault if they have a hacked client installed. Players have a lot of privacy already...so I don't know why you're acting like this will take all of their privacy away.

14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058

I never said it wasn't their own fault, I'm saying, why would someone submit a screenshot knowing that it would get them banned? You could just say you can't upload it for some reason, you uploaded it incorrectly, etc. Staff can't ban you for doing something they have no proof you did. That's madness.
    Yes, players have a lot of privacy, privacy which would be taken away by this measure.

15. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    So you're saying this one suggestion, that most likely won't get accepted like the majority of the others, will take away ALL of their privacy? I'm done.

16. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058

I'm not saying all the privacy, just a great deal. Tell me, what degree of privacy would you consider yourself having if your home were subject to random searches without just cause?

17. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    "without just cause" I laughed.

18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058

...prior offenders can't be clean? Are they not players who should be given the same rights as the rest of us? Making life harder for these people isn't going to help them at all.

A system that wishes to correct the actions of these people should be working WITH them, not against them.

19. SubaruIsBestBoo

Ratings:
    +373
    So, because they broke the rules, we should help them. k

20. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    Our economy is what is "hardcore", not our punishment system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.