1. obchofik Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I understand you are saying what new shops, this are working. The thing I am suggesting is chest shop. Sign would be placed new or above chest on a block, and sign would look like this: 1. Dirt
    2. 64/Amount
    3. Sell price/buy price 0.05/0.06
    4. Name(obchofik for me)
    If you are asking why I think its better, shop owner can see what is in the chest and can also add and remove things. If you are scared that he would need double chest diamonds, no not rly. He can use fillers like cobble, but its his free will. The best thing on this would be, that sign wouldnt have to have money for itself. All should be connected with main balance with owner, and there would be no reason to desstroy signs again to add stock.
    I am sure this works because I played on server based on economy, and many things were different and some better, some worse. If you have questions how it would actually look , feel free to ask me anything.
    The last thing I am wondering about are warps, I think that some should be public, or the owner should have possibility to choose who would be able to teleport there. The best thing on MC is freedom and this is higly cutting off people from fast traveling between cities and their markets.

Thanks for your time, newcomer obchofik

2. Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    -1 I just don't see the usefulness in this.. Sorry.

3. obchofik Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem, I understand. Just dont know how to show u tho. Its helping to make shops easier for both sides. He can buy and sell in one shop and money can be connected to balance instead to one sign..

4. idkhowtoplay Custom Forum Title
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +565
    I understand you're talking about making the shops easier for all parties involved but with business and in general, on ECC, I don't believe ease is the foremost factor of a sale occurring. I'm sure you've partaken in the player shops just as much as any other person has. There has been measures taken to make sure most players on ECC are familiar with trade signs. (i.e. Resident Application requires you read the trade shop/signs section.) In addition the plugin would have to be re-coded and modified to meet the specifications you listed. I'm sure there's a sane explanation why it wasn't done in the first place but I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Regarding the balances and how the signs interact with players, I think the current system is right on the money. You can only put in so much money or items and you can decide if you just want to buy or sell x amount. If it was linked to the players inventory/chests or balance, then an unlimited and unspecified amount of money could be taken and thus bankrupting someone. Being broke on ECC sometimes can lead to people being put in very hard situations.

The warps issue you describe is very random to bring up. You should note that warps are there to make it easier to travel but is a donator option for this very reason. Yes it would make trade easier. But no, it's not necessary. There is the /spawn command and it will take you about a minute or two to get to your designated shop (if you know where you're heading). It's not that big of a deal where /warp drastically gives players an edge over others and plus, most dedicated shop owners offer free teleports to their shops. Also you must think of the people who have already donated to get the /warp command. To take away from them is insulting and extremely unfair. It's a good thing small little things like /warp is available to donators because it entices people to keep the server running. Unless you're willing to pay for the upkeep and maintence of the server, I don't see why donator features should become free all of a sudden.

Overall I think you need to revise the idea a little bit more for it to be an acceptable change. The system you described is more flawed than what's currently in place, not that the system is working but rather the system is more efficient than this method. I've seen the method you described a few times on large servers and it was extremely easy to empty peoples balances because of it. Also most plugins that connect balance directly to trade signs spam messages to the owner of the trade sign, as well as the person selling/buying. It's just not an ideal way of trading in a large server. The possible pros of this proposed change to trade signs/warps is outweighed by the cons tremendously.

Maybe try focusing on making the user interface of a sign more accessible. That seems the most likely to be a possible improvement on trade signs.

5. JokerBoss99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +529
    If you're suggesting ChestShop -1

#5 JokerBoss99, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I like that the current shops aren't tied directly to my balance - the fact there's a set limit in the sign both allows me to limit my purchases, and provide a buffer against sudden market changes.

7. obchofik Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    There is limit, chest has limits. Its not like u can get bankrupted if you allow only one stack be sold... Well I see its pointless, people are used to something. I just wanted to throw it off so people might think off something new, that this one isnt ideal, at least for me. Like when I was reading the crating of shop, there was: If you want to continue, you have to destroy sign and make new... Its just not needed imo, shopkeeper itself can say: Oke, I want 1 space in chest free, also sets buy and sell price, which means, he doesnt need 2 signs but.. I want to play and I gave up on market on this server, spawn shops are small and its impossible to make large on my own.

8. kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    You don't need 2 signs, but you need a chest and a sign. The current setup does everything chestshop does and it's maintained by Essentials, aka, KHobbits and the other essentials developers.
    In the case of a problem we can expect it to be fixed swiftly. Not to mention there's no reason to change.
    You can add stock by right clicking the sign with the item in your hand. EXP and money need to be restocked manually.

I suggest reading through this thread to see some more in depth discussion about chestshops.

9. obchofik Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Consider this closed case please, when I was making this thread, I didnt realize that server controls the economy. What I wanted is free market but I gave up on it and will just build. Thanks for all answers and opinions

10. AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    obo, it is nice to meet you. As to your point about the server controlling the economy I have this to say - andrewkm works very hard to keep the economy of ECC balanced for the long term player. It is as much a free market as anyone could want. Examples: nstars - $150 if you sell them to the server vs. 350-400 based on the "free market" player base. When farming prices were nerfed - selling to the server prices dropped for most crops which was the server control. Many users complained, threatened to quit, whined, and cried, but what did not happen is that the player market did not respond by paying more than server prices - unlike nstars. Since it is a free market, anyone is totally able to put up their sign and pay whatever they want to for something like melons. In fact to prove to you this point, simply put a sign up paying $3.00/melon block and you will be buying melons so there is no control over your free market.
    I think you possibly have confused free market and server control with plugins and add ons which are server controlled. And for that we should all be very grateful that Kuke and andrew take so much time to evaluate new plugins all the time and to choose only the very best for ECC and us - the players. I am comfortable donating to this server for the very reason they do "control" the plugins and "adjust" the economy to keep us on track.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  11. block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Nailed it AdmiralD. Yes that is the best thing about ECC the economy may change slightly but it will never crash too much as there are server prices set.

12. Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    What gives you the impression that this is not a free market server? I would like to hear your experience/thoughts.

13. obchofik Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I said consider it closed thread but yes.
    I do agree its free market, but server puts something in it. Its like having a state corporation that would pressure others to their dump prices, but well I was just saying my experience from other server which I would rather not list here, in order not to get banned :p
    Stille that server had infite world, towns nations pretty mcuh all ecc has, but people made price on all. Now as I look on it, I cant understand it much too, they could just set prices lower, but it didnt happen. Players made huge exchanges and that pretty much kept the prices set as fully player based economy. If you wonder where the money came from, voting gave 100zenny / day, which is like 16 diamonds.
    examples of prices:sugar cane 0.5 zenny/stack, iron 25 zenny/stack, coal 10 zenny/ stack.

Yes, I am wondering why it worked there, but its probably due to the amount that people just knew the value and if someone was selling underpriced stuff, they just outbuyed it out. Also it had a lot of palyers too but...
    Just close it now, I enjoy the discussion, but I dont want to make anyone mad. I really like ECC, its staff and possibilites it gives.
    Thanks for your time and feel free to contact me in game or so if you would have any other questions.

obchofik