Accepted [Suggestion] Transparency

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by riku1301, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riku1301

riku1301 Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ XIII
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +382
    Minecraft Name:
    Riku1301
    Suggestion:
    Things like permabans and even the project lists/to do lists for the server be more open to the public. Whether there's a thread for this stuff or even an archive in ban appeals/complaints section anything would be nice.
    Reason:
    I think a lot of people's frustrations with the server could be resolved with it being more transparent. For the most part people are uninformed about whats happening, and so they make up explanations for themselves, and jump to conclusions. I personally liked when sg was getting reworked, there was a lot of community interaction in regards to the changes, and in the end I think it was very successful. Whereas on the other hand, when people just keep hearing things like "We're working on hub" they get annoyed that they don't see any progress. On the topic of bans, I think having an archive would have a similar effect. When the community see's someone get banned and they don't know why they ask in global, they start rumors, and all in all the situation gets out of hand very quickly and people get upset. If reasoning was given in an archive there'd be no need for people to bring it up in global; if they have a problem with the reasoning they can forum pm Andrew or an SA.
    Other Information:
    This is not meant be a thread against recent bans, if they people were banned by Andrew that's his decision. With that in mind though I don't think the situation would have been as big as it is now had the public been more informed on the reasoning (rather than people speculating in global).
    Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

2. Jackson_G14

Jackson_G14 ライアンは私の彼だよ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +850
    +1

3. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
    Although not "needed" I think it would be very nice, and would stop Andrew and other high-level staff of answering questions like "When is the end coming out" or "Is the end broken?".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    Major +1. Just being more open would cut back so much of the drama and the drama that turns into the rumors and the rumors that turn to trolling. I'm not saying everyone should know everything but I think that the more the users know, the better things go. I'm personally for answering as many questions as possible and giving everyone a basic idea of most things that go on. Just give it a try I think everyone will see it cuts back a lot of the issues. It is the best way to foster a community, period.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. kevinwelch2001

kevinwelch2001 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +164
    1+ I need to know what happened with revan rose lol

6. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1, I think that the community should know about this information and it shouldn't be private.

7. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
  8. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    +1, id personally like to know why some people were banned if no complaint was filed type deal. doesn't need to be detailed for anything but something.

9. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    This is a ridiculous statement to come out with, and also the reason why some things are kept from the community from Andrew and the administration team. You've went about agreeing in the wrong way. That's not what this suggestion is about.

I have to agree with @oootopia with this one. My mission in becoming staff was trying to bring more transparency and feedback to the community as much as possible.

#9 Vintage_Gamer, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. kevinwelch2001

kevinwelch2001 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +164
    No

11. 29dude

29dude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +859
    I'm not trying to flame administration or anything..but maybe they don't do this because they don't want you to see whats happening. An example of this is when I was temp-banned both in-game and on the forums because I gave Andrew a little troll rating.

12. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,495
    +1 this only makes sense to do..

13. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    +1 transparency is always good (and if you argue that some people are not ready to know everything, I can't see why the fact that someone is immature should imply that mature people are to be kept in the dark as well)

14. TheBuckeye11

TheBuckeye11 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +184
  15. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    +1 to see what is wrong with the bans so the mods will review it upon suggestions.

16. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'm personally all for allowing people to see my to do list and stuff, but my issue is that I would have to censor a TON of things. Currently I have references to custom plugins and things that are not public knowledge. Not sure what people want to see about perma's, as I'm not involved in it.

What sorts of things (from the development side) would you like shown in the "To-Do" list? I'd prefer to keep this on google docs rather than the forums as it's easier for me to track and edit as needed.

17. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    I'm pretty much just curious about how new things are coming along (End, Skywars, possible new stuff)
    For the bans, well, curiosity is a human nature.

+1 To this suggestion

18. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai

Ratings:
    +372
    Not going to pass a simple vote on this. If this transparency is to take place, it needs to be restricted. If all ban reasons become public, I could see it easily becoming a witch hunt. Whether it be against the player or staff, just knowing the ban reason seems like adding more fuel to the fire. "But that can be solved with even more transparency," you say. How much effort should we expect to be put into "transparency?" Should staff give a detailed background behind each ban?

In closing, let me ask these questions. Would knowing the just ban reason for UnknownRider or SuburbSomeone have been enough for people to be satisfied? No. There would still be speculation and rumors regarding to the details. At the end of the day ECC is a benevolent dictatorship with underlying capitalist principles; you have no control.

19. physyy

physyy Retired ECC Owner

Ratings:
    +2,033
    +1 on more transparency with the development of what is to come and the progress.
    -1 for the ban list. The public can see most reasons on the forums already. As for perma bans it's not needed. If you are friends with the person who was perma banned you can just ask them personally. Other than that, the public has no useful reason to have that kind of information.

20. BuildsByGideon

BuildsByGideon Architecture
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,373
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.