Denied [Suggestion] The ability to change a towns name

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jose0213, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose0213

Jose0213 Ex-Senior SuperMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +264
    Minecraft Name:
    @Jose0213 Formerly Josef197538
    Suggestion:
    I am suggesting that town original owners be allowed to change the name of there town after it has been created. something like how a warp can be relocated
    Reason:
    This will be great for all users, one reason would be when a town is claimed the new owner should be able to give the town a new name!

2. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +769
    This has been suggested many times, and has been rejected just as many. There's simply far too much work to do this. Relocating a warp is moving one simple thing. Renaming a town involves recreating the region in WorldGuard (so I've heard), and then you have to think of every instance on the forums where the town is mentioned. Every contract, town feature application, every PVP zone in a town, everything would have to be changed to reference the new town name. The amount of effort to rename a town just isn't worth it. I do wish it were possible to rename a town, but it simply isn't feasible. :(

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    yup, this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.