Suggestion [Spawn Repair Sign]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gogoplatau, Mar 1, 2014.

1. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    You can't argue that it would GREATLY decrease demand for excom+
    "To suggest anything else would be silly"

2. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    Not sure I understand where you stand on this. You liked the post then posted disagreeing with it but then in the quoted post above you seem to support the viewpoint that it wouldn't decrease the demand...

3. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Sorry initially I liked it.
    But then I read Toms post and changed my mind.
    Unless someone can convince me that it wouldn't negatively impact sales of excom+ I'm -187

4. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    Perhaps see Joseph's previous post to see why Tomkelly's post is nonsensical. When someone you trust is on you can get your repairs for free up to 200 tops also being someone that has had extcommands+ for a long time I wouldn't want to be without it for my own tools not the minor income to be made from selling the service.

5. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    Also as a side note let's not discount the other commands/abilities that come with extcommands+

6. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Like... powertoolspamming?

7. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    I was thinking more along the lines of anvil usage and /enderchest

8. erro_syn

erro_syn Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    I dont understand how people think a donation feature is useless all because they cant sell services to other players... its usefulness is in the fact that you need it, you need e-reps just the same as everyone else and if this sign was implimented into the game you wouldnt be wasting 1k every 15 mins or so... so let them have the sign it would be a way to stop scamming, security for people with expensive tools and it wont hastle all the e-rep people busy trying to make money by farming/mining/etc.

9. jpk16

jpk16 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    I would like it better if ExtCommands+ or ++ could have the ability to make a sign that would repair the person's tool while they are holding it rather than having it as server feature for all.

You could make it where you could make a sign but only have a certain number of repairs you can put in the sign. Such as only have the ability to reload the sign with 5 repairs every 24 hours or 15 repairs a week. Just an idea, not sure if it would work or can be done. I don't like the idea of the server dictating the price.

10. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Now there is an interesting and novel idea from the illustrious jpk

#30 dork1877, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  11. MIR121

MIR121 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +25
    I like the idea of having some sort of player repair signs, such as the [Trade] signs. The player offering the repair enters the requested amount of money for it, then the player who wishes to have their tool repaired holds said tool in their hand and right clicks the sign. I'm definately building from jpk16 idea, and as they stated, I'm not sure if this can be done. It seems to me like this would take away a lot of the trust issues with high value tools.

12. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Love the idea... until I thought of something...

What happens when some market shop owner decides to make a sign for erepairs for $0.01 and puts in $1000.00.

13. jpk16

jpk16 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    Emau that is why I suggested a limit on the amount you can do, whether that's 1, 3, or 5 repairs (via sign) in 24/48 hours, or whatever the limit may be (also make the repairs non-stackable; by that I mean, you only get a set limit. You can't wait days upon days to get 100+ repairs to put in a sign). That would allow for the people trying to do it on the cheap to do some free ones and you'll always have people that will do E-repairs for next to nothing.

Some people could advertise for the sign feature and sell it as a $1000 dollar repair if they wanted. It's the other users choice to pay for the safe repair, or the unsafe (even if it's done in a chest).

If it was put on ExtCommands++, I don't think the people buying the feature would be doing them for free (I could be wrong). They may do the risky way for free but, if someone is adamant about making sure it's done via sign (which shows they do not trust the player doing the E-repair). They could charge for it. This will also allow you to make money/do deals with people you may not like or care for (bad experience, or whatever your reason) and still make money.

Plus, this would make it so you don't see "Need E-repair from Mod+" in the trade chat... and not waste the mods time with E-repairs for star tools.

Any questions on what I posted above let me know.

Disclaimer: All based off of Gogoplatau's original idea/suggestion of a Spawn Repair Sign

#33 jpk16, Mar 2, 2014
  14. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Even though ExtCmds(+(+)) has other useful commands, the most major reason people get it is for repairing. Take away a fair amount of those repairs, and far fewer people will donate for the feature, and many others will lose business simply BECAUSE there is ALWAYS a trustworthy repair available. How can anyone even get a good reputation repairing if people ignore them and go for the sure-fire trustworthy option?

Doesn't matter how hard anyone argues that it has other commands, repair is by far one of the most major reasons people get the feature. I know I am just one of many people (I have spoken to many others who also bought it just for repairing) who donated for the feature almost purely for repairing.

As well, despite the math on page one, farming is not the only way people make money. While they are sitting there mindlessly, they will be selling things in their shops, advertising in trade and getting PMs for selling plots and services, fishing and mining on the side (such as people who rent tools for farming, or rent farms), doing auctions, playing lotto, etc. You can't only go by farming money math, because that is by far inaccurate once you consider all the other money you are getting. In the end, you will not lose a whole lot, unless you literally only farm (which, in my personal opinion, is not a great way to make money fast). I know the repairs needed are often from farming (and mining now), but there are automatic ways in which you are still getting money to pay for the repairs...

EDIT: Also, a risk factor is good. If things don't disappear from the economy (the big ticket things, like the tools - not 1k here and there), the economy just get bloated. I know people hate losing their valuables, but in the long run it's a good thing. Economy isn't just the virtual money, it's the virtual items, too.

tl;dr, -1

#34 MsMoofin, Mar 2, 2014
  15. Thecreator767

Thecreator767 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +248
    suggested before and shot down unfortunately.

16. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125

I don't agree that there is always someone that is trustworthy to perform an erep but that is going to be difficult to prove or disprove so we will have to leave that where it is. As I have stated a few times now on this thread this will in no way replace the service that many users on the server provide at a FAR more reasonable price while also being more convenient as they will come to you typically.

Another point you hit is that most people donate solely for the repair command of extcommands+ I would agree with you on that at first but at a certain point most do it for their own tools. Now the part of your response that I take serious issue with is the part where risk of being scammed is good. I couldn't disagree with this more not only does it go against everything I/we try to teach new players in telling them to be careful who you deal with and protect themselves but for the ones that lose items they worked very hard to obtain it may be a deal breaker that could cause us to lose a productive member of our community. All in all I will not claim this suggestion is without a bit of controversy but I am going to let the points that have been discussed already stand because I am not sure I have anymore to contribute to the debate.

#36 Gogoplatau, Mar 2, 2014
  17. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829

I don't think I ever said that there would always be someone trustworthy online... At least that is not what I meant to say. What I meant to say is that with an always sure-fire safe way of repairs, it will be harder for users to gain a good reputation as a trustworthy repairer, as people would take the risk to try someone new far less often.

Users getting ExtCmds(+) for repair more so for themselves is probably true, but many later on use it for selling. Maybe not all of the time, but at least when they realize there can be small profit from it.

I was not at all meaning scams. I mean things like item butchers if tools are thrown, the supposedly random "disappearance" of tools, accidental throws near fire or lava, etc... There is no way I would be encouraging or for scamming in any form - I am talking about other factors that actually DESTROY the tools from the system. Moving them around changes nothing. :/

18. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I think she meant that the sign would be always available and always trustworthy. It would put others out of business.

19. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125

Noted. I still maintain that the price point being much higher would prevent that.

#39 Gogoplatau, Mar 2, 2014
  20. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125

It seems that I read "BECAUSE there is ALWAYS a trustworthy repair available" wrong I apologize for that.
    The part of your post that spoke to risk however did not identify the risk that you were speaking of so it just wasn't clear. As far as people being able to develop a good reputation I think that people can do this on the less valuable items to build a customer base then people will go to them for any/all repairs.