Denied [Suggestion] "Silk Touch" enchantment on Sword

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rNin, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    I'm just curious - have you ever tried pumpkin farming with a ping of 2000-6000ms? They don't cause lag, but the efficiency of farming - or mining - anything that breaks quickly is pretty affected by ping because an absurd amount of ghost blocks appear. They are less likely to appear at lower breaking speeds.

2. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    My farming method consists of closing all chats, dropping my render almost completely, and shrinking minecraft and putting it in the corner of my screen as I watch Parks and Rec on Netflix. What minimal lag that might be created is irrelevant as my attention isn't hardly on the game anyways. If you take the steps to reduce lag when farming or mining (lower render, disable animations, etc.) then it's really not that big of a deal.
    Thus, I still hold that this new farming method carries no advantages and is still a waste.
    I'm -1

3. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    "Disable animations" and similar may help with low FPS, but not with lag. If your signal needs to travel across half of the earth to reach the server and travel back again, a high ping is the result. Ping - and not low FPS - is the main problem that causes ghost blocks.

4. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    The problem isn't pumpkins causing lag, it's lag causing problems with pumpkins. When you farm 8 blocks a second then there's a higher chance of "ghost blocks" from appearing. Blocks you've broken on your client, but the server didn't register them for whatever reason. Farming slowly with melons doesn't have this same problem, because it's a slow process of only 1-3 blocks a second.

This is shitty reasoning. If it actually takes development work to implement this, then yes, I'd agree. But it doesn't. It requires nothing new, as it's already being done with the melonsword. It's just a kit with a kit sign. Simple stuff.
    And it does carry an advantage, it's a simple, slow method of farming, great for well, what you said, dividing your attention. And it should increase the demand for melon farms, meaning you can sell melonfarm perms to lower ranked players, which is a good thing.

You might not realize it since it has been like forever since you were last a new player. But builders don't have many options. The money making methods are basically: mining, farming pumpkins, sg; SG is half-kits, and not really a good money maker for any new player. Mining isn't for everyone, and pumpkins require an eff5 axe and a decent connection. That doesn't leave much, does it?

#44 kukelekuuk, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  5. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Seeing his answers, he clearly doesn't have the slightest clue on what he's talking about: lag, ping, fps, ghosts... it's all a giant gobbledygook jumble generically meaning "speed issues". I bet he never heard of the difference between bandwidth and latency (see this if you want to laugh, but if you know the difference, you probably have already heard of this).
    I have a pretty damn good connection with optical fiber and my broadband is broad. However, living across the ocean, my ping is not optimal, something around 100-200ms. And I do experience ghosts when pumpkin farming. Reducing the size of the minecraft client and watching a movie would be insane, because I would have to stop every 3 minutes due to the occasional ghost, move around it, etc.
    And my ping is just not optimal. I can't imagine how it would be to pumpkin farm with a ping 10 times longer. No, wait, I can imagine: I would just quit before even starting.

#45 Expipiplusone, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    A waste of... what exactly?

7. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    a waste of life, obviously.

8. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    It's been over 24 hour since the last reply.
    Though, I hope this gets considered.

9. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    It's been few days.... Bump.

10. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    Obligatory bump.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Marking as under review.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    Well, since it is been a week...
    Hope it gets considered or something.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    So basically this is a suggestion for a melon sword "lite"? Sorry but we are denying this.
    Please find other farming methods/tools until you can afford to join the ranks of the elite melon farmers :cool:.

#53 andrewkm, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.