Denied [Suggestion] "Silk Touch" enchantment on Sword

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rNin, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    There have been worse. Much much worse. Just look at every one of xboyfernz's suggestions. (And some of reincarnated's)

Interesting idea to say the least. But no, just use some other method that makes TWICE the money. -1

#21 RaginDevonian, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Well, it seems no matter what I say, this will be denied by users out here.
    The reason I suggested this is for a steady income, providing a surely 5000$ to 6000$ per hour since this type of farming isn't that much dependent of the growth rate of the crops and farming techniques and layouts compared to pumpkin farming with maxed enchanted axe, the income heavily depends on the growth rate of the pumpkins, farm size, farming techniques (if applicable) and farm layout (like putting a slab on one side of the pumpkin crop, forcing player on move in a straight line without the need of strafing left or right), also pumpkin farming may (yes, i'm not sure but seems like mediocre internet may cause ghost blocks) require a decent internet to farm smoothly otherwise you may easily encounter ghost blocks.

While a silk sword would break a block slowly (no, other silk tools aside from diamond sword is not even worth a hour), the chance of encountering a ghost block is greatly reduced, even for 100kb/s internet users and also with this method, this will provide low and steady income but well, that doesn't seem to matter.

At this point, if it really gets denied then I'm fine with it since this is a suggestion, afterall.

@ChaaadMaxxx : Are you even trying to compare new method of earning money to a marriage thing? How do you think is that relevant, at least does it even relate to each other in terms of usefulness and the purpose?

#22 rNin, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  3. ChaaadMaxxx

ChaaadMaxxx fσσтвαℓℓ α∂∂ιςт єςσℓєα∂єя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +276
    Im just saying that this suggestion reminds me a lot of that one, because it is USELESS. literally just mine and get an extra 4-6k per hour, no block-lag.

4. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Actually, you're right. This provides a decent method of making money unaffected by features and such. While it still might require some custom coding, it should be fine. Giving builders the ability to have a simple farming method that doesn't require you to have decent internet while still making profit is a good thing. And it doesn't negatively affect anyone. (if anything, renting out melonfarm permissions to builders sounds like a positive effect)

#24 kukelekuuk, Jun 30, 2016
  5. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    So you openly acknowledge that your alternative method will be less efficient and create less revenue than the current form of income, just using a pumpkin axe which is fairly easy to obtain. This suggestion is completely useless and a waste of time and energy to implement seeing how enchanting swords with silk touch would have to be enabled specifically for certain swords as opposed to just disabling it completely as we have it now.
    -1 not worth the trouble

6. ChaaadMaxxx

Ratings:
    +276
    But why do this when cactus farming may be on its way. Seems like a lot of work for a problem that should be fixed soon enough.

7. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    [​IMG]

8. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +915
    I hate farming... and ive made over 20mil on this server... never owned a melon sword.. and never will. I did the whole pumpkin axe thing when i joined for about 10mins. You dont need to melon farm to make money.. also i have found ways to make more per hour doing other things all without ever really owning a star tool.

In all honesty... mining is the way to go. Best time is around the first of the month right after a reset... several ores are still i. High demand at many shops..

9. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +915
  10. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    Ok, so I guess I must explain it again.

This method of farming was meant...

- for the one with relatively slow internet who regularly encounter ghost block.
    - to be a type of income which doesn't depend on various factors, even a farm with just 100 melon stalks can maximize the earning.
    - to be a relatively easy job for a decent payout.
    - risk-free method of earning money, just like any farming method wherelse mining has some risks.

This farming method is not for a high profit like 10k a hour around but a stable ~4.5k a hour from a relatively easy job with few limitations and factors, plus not much of investment is required since you need a is just a decent small farm and a silk/unbreak3 sword.

I guess I have to add everything on the main post tomorrow.

Hope I didn't make a mistake or forgot to add something.

#30 rNin, Jun 30, 2016
  11. ChaaadMaxxx

Ratings:
    +276

12. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,312
    The rich shouldn't be the only ones taking advantage of Netflix-and-Farm.

All players should have access to that kind of money grinding system.
    +1

13. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I've thought of a way to do this without any custom coding. Make it a kit, and sell it for xp/nstars with kits signs (this is how purchasing startools works). say.. 20 nstars or like 10k xp.

#33 kukelekuuk, Jun 30, 2016
  14. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    That will do and hope will it be enchant-able with Unbreaking III, if the system does not detect that it has unusual enchantment on it.

15. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    That should work just fine, it doesn't check for any other enchantments, just if that enchantment can be applied to the tool at hand.

16. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    Oh, then I get it now.

Though I hope they would make it like... The kit requires unenchanted diamond sword (who else use something which is not diamond?) and 9000 exp or some form of items and receive Silk Touch Diamond Sword then players would later enchant it with Unbreaking III.

Or... If this is easy to implement, they would just make sword enchantable with silk touch just like any other ways of enchanting.

17. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Almost possible. [Kit] signs can only choose one form of payment - i.e., it could be sold for ~10000xp without providing a tool, like with regular star tools.

Mhm, that is easily possible. It is already possible to enchant custom items like the melon sword with unbreaking III.

This, in my opinion, is unnecessarily difficult compared to the use of [Kit] signs.

18. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    (and it was said more than once)

I'm +1.

#38 Expipiplusone, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  19. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Nah, sadly it's not posible like that. The kit gives you the sword with the enchantment on it. Just like how the melonsword kit sign gives you a fully enchanted melonsword.

That's the part that requires custom coding, not really feasible for something so easily done in another way.

20. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    How can an ant lift ten times its own body weight but root beer floats are still delicious? Nowhere did I mention lag or internet speed and regardless, pumpkin farming still doesn't create a reasonable amount of lag anyways so that entire argument is null. This is still a waste.
    I'm -1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.