[Suggestion] Rule Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by knears2000, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    I actually wasn't going to respond in either ways of that lol. I am going to say though that I'm not saying that I can call you a "shithead". That would be wrong, however, I should be able to generally use the word "shit" without direction at anyone. When people start cursing each other out, that's when there's a problem.
    Define "family-friendly".

2. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    In simple terms for this suggestion, ECC won't chance its stance on swearing.

3. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    I find that ridiculous to be quite honest. Nothing can be "family-friendly" in the sense that ECC will become a totalitarian state in the sense. As well, if you don't change to meet the ever changing times, ECC will be left farther behind in the dust than it already has.

4. Zeurals

Zeurals Chase your dream.
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +123
    "Shit" defines to "a contemptible or worthless person." What don't you get? Your not getting the point? It's right infornt of you.

That's why swearing isn't allowed, because you don't have to be direct to insult someone. You can't change the definition of the word. As it involves insulting someone, it's against the rules and should in no way ever be allowed.

#124 Zeurals, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  5. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit
    Actually, it has a bunch of different meanings. So no, the answer is not right in my face as you would actually need to understand the context in which it is in, not making an assumption. "Because you know what happens when you assume? You make an ass outta u and me!" -The Odd Couple

#125 knears2000, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. Dewsy92

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Lol, 'ever changing times'. This thread itself is prime evidence that people still are offended by swearing. Look at all of the people who disagree with this suggestion. The times haven't changed as much as you think they have.

7. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    They have actually. The people that disagree for the most part never actually gave their input. I've got 7 ratings which are agreeing to this. As well, others that have responded "no" didn't give any reason, they just said "family-friendly" and that was it. I'm still waiting on a definition for that as well.

8. Dewsy92

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Family friendly - minimising as far as possible all behaviour/actions that cause offence to people and/or set a bad example. (Ps. Don't try and try and pick apart my definition because I literally typed the first thing that came to my head).

7 ratings really isn't overwhelming support.

Oh and as for the posts who 'didn't give any reasons':

9. Zeurals

Ratings:
    +123
    And one of those meanings is an insult. The third time saying this yet you refuse to understand. "Shit" defines to "a contemptible or worthless person."

The lies are real. "Those who responded no didn't give any reason". That's why you won't get a result from this.

Here's another definition for what your promoting as good. Swear: use offensive language, especially as an expression of anger.

Pretty sure that will clash with the rest of the server rules. Won't happen mate.

10. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    So it's a 53/47 draw in other words. As well, that's the parents responsibility to do so, not ECC's.

11. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Let's think of a word that has multiple meanings. I know one, "right". Now, in a statement of "You make a right turn at the light". Would you interpret that as the light has the correct whatever, or that you turn to the right? It's all in the context, and by saying that shit means "A worthless person" is fairly negligent given it's not used in that context. As well, I'm advocating for the use of the English language. And no, I did not deny that that was the meaning, I'm denying that it's not being used in that context. Then by you telling me that I don't acknowledge your point is preposterous.

12. Zeurals

Ratings:
    +123
    Your saying that it's the parents responsibility to moderate their kids on a server and should kick them off if they don't like it? So your all for excluding and ignoring the younger audience of Ecocitycraft since they shouldn't play so you can swear. Wow. You sicken me.

This is a server that welcomes younger audiences, and you clearly have depicted that you are all against children.

Sorry to bust your dreams sunny Jim, but we won't be implementing factors that have a negative effect on the younger audience.

13. Dewsy92

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Locked on request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.