[suggestion] remove/reduce rewards from sg

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwink66

bwink66 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +56
    And all in all I might be right or I might be wrong, but this what the forums are for. Good arguments ;D ( I'm still standing with my option though)

#41 bwink66, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    If someone has a problem with an insane amount of inflation coming from a minigame on an economy server, you suggestion is to buy kits? In what world will buying kits help stop inflation? I'm just gonna try and ignore that part of your argument for everyone's well being. The next option you suggest is that if he cares about the economy on an economy server, the solution is to ignore the thing that is destroying the economy. Are you serious? Why are we even here if we don't care about the economy?

Edit: Oh yeah, I have $270 in kits so please don't say that my opinion is coming from someone with little to no kits.

#42 DD71, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  3. bwink66

bwink66 Builder

Ratings:
    +56
    I never said that I didn't care about the economy. I said that I payed $115 in kits and I would like to get something from them.

4. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    I didn't say that you didn't care about the economy. I replied to what you said to knears, which was if he wasn't happy with the inflation kits cause to just ignore it. If he was to ignore these problems, he wouldn't care.

5. ModernPerils

ModernPerils We the North
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +233
    I do like this suggestion and what you are trying to do, I totally agree. But controversially to that, SG is my money source, and many others' as well. Cutting profits way down like this could kill SG again just after we revived it

6. ModernPerils

Ratings:
    +233
    Also, I do beleive if this is implemented we should have an option to get money back. I have approx $350 of kits and I do not want SG to be essentially profit free and have all those features useless. I do im understand the frustration of playing against buffer without weapons as a builder, I feel the pain. But nerfing SG and therefore kits as a whole with no refund is not the solution.

7. bwink66

bwink66 Builder

Ratings:
    +56
  8. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I disagree with this statement completely as you would deserve no money back in my humble opinion. I speak from the fact that after I finally worked hard to receive my eff7 pick, mining prices were nerfed - I received nothing. After finally earning enough to purchase my melon sword - melon prices were nerfed - no money back. And not two weeks after I finally was able to purchase my star fishing rod, Jakey "fixed" the fishing and added trash and poison err.... "treasures" back to the fishing - so instead of earning a $20 fish, I now get a nickle worth of junk more times than fish and never was offered a refund of any kind.
    That is the way of a hard core economy server.
    *Warning* - I am working toward buying a star axe so be prepared to see wood prices being nerfed soon as well :p

9. ModernPerils

Ratings:
    +233
    I would like to point out the difference between something that you spent time ingame working for and die thing that was purchased with real money.

If they nerf Sg and cut the profits that much, I may as well bit buy features because they are unreliable. I paid real money for them and expect to be able to use them effectively. Again, there is a difference between ingame money and real money.

Like motor companies have done, if there is a defect in the car they do a massive callback on the vehicle and refund, they don't say "tough luck". I expect our server should be as responsible.

#49 ModernPerils, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This raises an interesting question, to what kind of nerf are you referring? A nerf back to the normal SG earnings (since earnings are temporarily double), a nerf back to earnings from prior to August 2013 (roughly half of the normal earnings, a quarter of the current), or a nerf beyond that?

I would hope at least you don't mean to normal earnings since it was clearly stated that these double earnings are temporary.

This does of course raise the question of what exactly are kits and potential changes to them under in the disclaimers - it would appear that they have a warranty of merchantability, meaning, they will do what they're sold to do. For SG kits, this is to give you an advantage in SG - not to make you money. This ties into your motor company reference - if there is a defect in the car, they'll recall them. But your analogy is flawed, because kits are not marketed to make you money; just to give you the set items in SG. Like, suppose gas prices rise to an absurd amount and it's no longer practical to use cars, the motor vehicle companies wouldn't issue refunds - gas prices are out of their control, and the vehicles themselves still work.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. bwink66

bwink66 Builder

Ratings:
    +56
    But who would sgfor free ? This is an economy server

12. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    In that case, we should make chat profitable too. Why would people chat for free? Definitely not for fun, right?

13. AbbyDaSwagChick

AbbyDaSwagChick Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    But then nobody would want to win the sg games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. AbbyDaSwagChick

AbbyDaSwagChick Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    No, but people chat to sell things and advertise, or talk to friends. If the sg games were free, the server wouldn't make money from people buying kits. The purpose of the sg games is to make money. Why don't we just reduce the amount of money people with kits make?
    Not by very much though.

#54 AbbyDaSwagChick, Feb 28, 2015
  15. ModernPerils

Ratings:
    +233
    I am fine with SG going back to the previous prices or $100 per kill.

But if SG becomes profitfree and not worthwhile to play, no one will play SG on ECC because we honestly have a pretty bad SG system comparitively. If people were forced to play SG just for fun, SG would die and we would lose people to other servers where SG is successful.
    If SG is nerfed, people will be a lot more cautious and hesitant to buy features. I for one will most likely stop buying donations because it has been proven unreliable

16. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958

The reason of adding SG was to make the server more fun, not to make money. When SG was kit-free, I really do remember it being a helluva a fun time. Prior to, what, July 2013 or whenever SG was added, SG was a lot of fun. People played for fun, not for profit, yet SG had a similar amount of players playing. Proportionally speaking, that doesn't mean much given there were more players on at that time. However, I think people will still play SG if you only got $50 per kill, or even the $25 that ox is suggesting. It will not by any means "kill SG".
    We lose countless amounts of players to SG. People swear, get mad, and then leave SG, to never play again. The SG system is bad due in fact of two things.
    1. Hackers
    2. Kits

Ox's suggestion clearly solves both of these issues. Without the incentive to bag $14 million via hacking, I'm sure no one would hack. Hackers hack for what reasons on an economy server? Either to be a total asshole, or to make money. However, it is mainly to make money. It is quite obvious that the ideals of these people is to make as much money possible. With $200 a kill, hacking can bag you upwards into the hundreds of thousands within a few hours of playing SG. Obviously, with the hacking witch-hunt that is currently occurring, I don't see this happening, but you get my point. Furthermore, kits have killed SG as well. No one likes Pay2Win. It's not fun unless you pay upwards into the $500 range to have fun. Kits would no longer be as big of an issue because there would be no incentive to kit anymore. You don't make as much money as you want, so people progressively rule out SG that have kits. However, the retention rate would be much higher. The ends justify the means here, and lowering the earnings solves both issues, as well as the economic inflation caused by SG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #56 knears2000, Feb 28, 2015
  17. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Kits are not going away - ever - if you owned a server and had a resource that made you thousands of dollars would you just stop that? Not going to happen.
    From the amount of kits that everyone owns, I beg to differ with your statement that no one likes Pay2Win - it seems there are massive amounts of players that will pay anything to win (especially those with kits that constantly argue for only kit games leaving those that do not have kits any incentive to play unless they just want to be targets).
    I agree with you that prices need lowered to stop this run away inflation and incentive for hacking to earn millions of dollars, however, the "temp" reward increase has not been lowered so it is obvious that we players are not knowledgeable enough to understand the economy and the reasons behind this economy shift.
    For me personally, I play here because I enjoy having the community of the server.
    I have noticed that more and more players are joining and within weeks they have what took me months to accomplish but that seems to be the new economy and we all have to make our own individual decisions regarding when we have had enough or what is fair or unfair.

18. Dr_Dragon_Slayer

Ratings:
    +234
    Hello.

I haven't read many of these arguments but I know one thing to say. Spending money on a Minecraft server, or any server is like buying food. It ain't permanent! Stop thinking of it as forever. It's like one of those McDonalds toys (Haven't been to McDonalds for five years or so so I may be wrong!) that you get with the happy meal. It gives a few hours, or minutes, of enjoyment, then you throw it away. Exactly like donating. I played four years on this server. It was cool (for a while anyway) then it got boring, like one of them toys at McDonalds.

Also, if the server shuts down, they will not refund everyone back their money. It'll be done. The wave will be ridden, but sooner or later everything has an end. Whether or not you want to see that end or not is up to you. Sometimes it takes a while for that wave to hit the sand, other times it goes in fast.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, stop thinking all these donations are permanent! They are not. Hope that helped with donations in general. Hehe, bit of a rant eh? Well... anyways.

19. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I personally am still riding the wave and am sorry that you have already hit the sand.
    It will be a sad day when the ship finally comes into the port - the day you click and receive the ERROR 404'd but like you said Dr, it is very possible that will be exactly what happens unfortunately and I hope we are both wrong.

20. AbbyDaSwagChick

AbbyDaSwagChick Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Unless you have kits, sg games are extremely hard to win. Reducing sg game rewards I personally think is an awful idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.