Denied [Suggestion] Raise Rank Prices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xX3PICREBELXx, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    Minecraft Name: xX3PICREBELXx

Suggestion: Raise the prices of ranks as follows-

Resident 15,000 = 40,000

Mayor 85,000 = 125,000

President 180,000 = 250,000

Reason: It's easy to get money, literally you get 3.3k a day from voting meaning you get resident in 5 days without ANY work(Entering Captcha's does NOT count as work)

Any Other Information: N/A

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: N/A

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 xX3PICREBELXx, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. KindaGoku

KindaGoku Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +31
    +1 Very cool idea and in my opinion would add just that much more meaning to each rank

3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    -1 Too many builders would quit due to resident and mayor being expensive. People already complain it's a lot of hard work to get mayor for a town.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    I'm not really sure whether I'm okay with this suggestion or not, but my OCD insists that, if we're gonna change the prices, they should be something more like:
    • 40k for Resident;
    • 120k for Mayor;
    • 240k for President.
    In this way:
    • no final 5s, all numbers are multiple of 10k;
    • the total to get to Mayor is 160k, which is a nice almost-power-of-two number;
    • the total to get to President is a very neat 400k.
    It's a slight difference to the numbers you suggested, but the psycho that lives in my head would be very grateful for avoiding those ugly 165k and 415k.

5. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    put resident at 25k other ranks can be higher. But let's be real am I the only one who realizes ranks are a worse sink hole than lotto o.o

6. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    I think a price raise for rank would be a good thing. If I remember correctly, resident used to be $20,000.

7. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Making it too much can be daunting for newer players. I have to spend 5 full hours of almost non-stop mining to get resident. Considering most people don't even spend an hour a day on a game, and won't be spending it full time. It will take a few days to even a week to get resident. And another 1-2 weeks to get mayor. it'll take another 2-4 weeks to get president.

You might not realize this, but this is very daunting, and a lot of people will be put off by that. Don't make that worse.

Besides, why is it bad it can take someone 5 days to get resident? I really don't see where the problem lies.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,483
    Like Kuke says,
    Is it a bad thing people getting resident and a starter town pretty quick?
    I personally think its a good thing that people can start quickly and are rewarded to being active and promoting the server, even for a regular but shot period of time.
    Lots of builders already beg for cash to get to 15k, Its easy enough to explain to them currently how to make a decent amount of money and feel like they are getting somewhere.
    If its 40k to rank up, i wouldnt really know what to suggest to them to even start...

9. Athos03

Athos03 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    Great idea, even less players then. But hey, we are at 72 atm so who cares.

10. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    I could agree that 40k is maybe too much for Resident: above getting the money and compiling the app, they also have to make an account to the forum, which doesn't take a lot, but it's a psychological commitment. 20k is probably ok if you're just rewarded basically with utilities (trade signs, lwcs, etc).
    However I don't think that a (total)160k Mayor would be too high, and actually I'm against the concept of "starter town": towns are eternal and we don't want the main worlds filled with abandoned regions.

When I applied for Mayor I had a project in mind, a nation made by many towns next to each other that I'm (slowly) building. Now there's another town relatively close to my towns, partly overlapping an area that I planned to get later: ok, first come, first served, I get it, however this town was founded by a bunch of a**holes who were previously evicted from my town because they griefed it, and guess what: it's now abandoned and they don't even play anymore. Probably they realized that having a town is a huge responsibility and that this server is about accomplishment and hard work, but too late: wasted land. Yeah, I could later claim that town, but I'm not sure I could move and resize it accordingly as well. I'm afraid I just have to cope with the fact that there's this stupid useless region and that I will have to adapt the boundaries of my new towns to it.

This was only a particular example of a huge class of ghost towns that came into existence only because it was relatively cheap to make a town. Yes, there's still some ghost towns with a different history, but they're only a fraction.
    I would pay without hesitation the difference between the new prices of my ranks and what I paid at the time, if this meant a significant reduction of ghost towns in the future.
    What do you need a starter town for? Get a stupid plot in someone else's town and start from there! The only reason why people apply for Mayor should be because they have a project in mind (or because someone else has a project and is paying for their rank), not because it's just cheap: if it's cheap, as it's been till now, too many will just do it carelessly.

ps: unless either rules about minimal town distance change, or region boundaries are removed from abandoned towns

#10 Expipiplusone, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    All this does is make ranks more difficult to earn for literally no reason. Sure, people can earn resident after 5 days of voting. I don't see why that's an issue.

As they say, don't fix what isn't broken. Rank prices aren't broken.

12. quefueve

quefueve Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +233
    If there's something the server really needs at the moment, it is to create incentives to make new players stay. This would pretty much do the opposite due to reasons stated above.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. polltax

polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    Hahahahaha Exilenela, TimmyChoi, TM_iBeast, bobman3355??

#13 polltax, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  14. TheBuckeye11

TheBuckeye11 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +184
  15. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I have to say no to this suggestion. This is strictly selfish on my part in that I currently have to spend 1 to 2 hours for every builder bonus I provide and am just too lazy to want to do more :p

16. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    I wouldn't call that being selfish...
    Anyway, would you agree if Resident wasn't raised as much as Mayor and President?

17. Athos03

Athos03 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    Plots are crap due to the fact there's no proper right managment for them. And you can be evicted because...the mayor can.

18. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    You have a good point, however not as good as it looks like, I think.
    I concede that my town is underpopulated and I might be underestimating the phenomenon but, if the Mayor is half as strict about griefing as I am and evicts at once at the minimum sign of it, I don't think it would be a major problem.
    About your second point, well, though Mayors can evict whenever it pleases them (given prior notice), no actual Mayor wants the reputation of someone who evicts by whim for no obvious reason.

Of course having your own town would be better, but the con of having so many useless ghost towns made by users who go inactive after a few weeks of getting the Mayor rank outweighs the pro of it being more easily accessible in the beginning.
    But, if rules about inactive regions change, then I would be all for a low price of Mayor rank, even lower than how it is now.

#18 Expipiplusone, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  19. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
  20. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +572
    As this will result to this server being pulled from the popular server list as high prices will result to high overhead in cost for the admins and that the builders will quit due to high prices.

#20 MatthewStevenGo, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.