Denied [Suggestion] Opt-Out Swear Filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnitedStates2, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    You are literally saying my opinion is better than everyone else. And no, the majority of the world doesnt care if you swear.

2. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Ever heard of cultural differences? It's a thing. It's socially acceptable to swear in an informal context here. Most people do it. The only exception is around older people, people who grew up in a time where swearing was bad. And somehow people can still swear and act like normal respectful people at the same time. What an enigma.

#22 kukelekuuk, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Any proof of this, or is this just a wild claim? I'm not saying my opinion is better than anyone else's at all, I'm saying that I think swearing is bad and that just because I think that does not mean I live a sheltered life.

I do know about cultural differences kuke, I'm not an idiot surprisingly enough. I'm pretty sure swearing is still bad. It's not big or cool or clever. Would you go up to a police officer and swear your head off? No, you wouldn't. You also wouldn't go up to a stranger and start swearing would you?
    I don't find swearing respectful at all, if someone swears all the time, my opinion of them lowers. I don't want to hear vulgarities. ECC would be so much better without swearing.

4. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    Dude your opinion isn't the only opinion in the world you need to understand that a lot of people have different views to you, your view isn't always the correct one.

5. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Could you point out where I said my opinion is the only one? That it is the correct one? I never said that, so don't make false claims to be make yourself look good ok.

6. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
    Why are you arguing with people that have different views than you? I rCan't you just accept that and move on?

#26 AllThingsGo, Mar 2, 2016
  7. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    oh my god. Do you not understand the difference between normal swearword usage in normal context and angry swearing at someone else?
    When you yell at someone, swearing or not, that person's going to think you're an idiot. You wouldn't yell at a police officer. The swearing is irrelevant.
    When I say, in an informal context "Shit" "crap" "damn" "fuck". Nobody will bat an eye. Because it's normal.
    Start swearing AT people and you're just being a hostile idiot.

There's a clear difference.

BESIDES. LIKE I SAID EARLIER. THIS SUGGESTION LETS YOU SAFELY TOGGLE SWEARS OFF. YOU DON'T SEE SWEARS. I DO. PROBLEM SOLVED!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Not going to refute the top point because it's a cultural difference. Around my family and friends, swearing isn't looked down upon if in moderation.

I mean... you're the one who's opposing the ideal compromise here. Banning swearing altogether is simply not going to happen and it makes no sense to act as though it might.

9. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Hey, I stated my opinion and they started the argument, not me. I am simply replying. Can't they just accept it and move on? I don't see you asking them to do it.

10. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    He is allowed to respond to other people who are arguing against his opinion with there opinion...just saying....

Thats like saying you cant reply to someone's opinion but they can reply to yours xD

I think this wouldn't hurt at all, its a happy medium for people who dont like to see the swearing and people who dont mind swearing can still swear the odd time as long as its in the rules.
    As long as it also doesnt lag the server and all that stuff as well :p

+1

11. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
    Because you should know who you're dealing with. Some of the people that are partaking in the argument won't stop. You're the bigger person Taylor :)

12. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    Feel free to think what you wish. I dont care if you think swearing is bad or good, I dont care if you have any view at all or if your stubborn about it. Im not calling you sheltered because of your beliefs. However, you have to be aware of other views. One thing I have done to back up my claim is traveled a lot. Ive lived in probably 20 different places in and outside the US through all political spectrums and the vast majority of people do not care if you swear. Now, obviously I could know more but I think that gives me a pretty good representation of people's views. I am aware that some people view cussing as bad however, in the US this opinion is mostly held by the upper middle class, the elderly and religious families such as those you find in the Bible Belt and Mormon Corridor. The vast majority of people really dont mind if you cuss and they certainly dont view it as something wrong.

#32 RyanBlocks2, Mar 2, 2016
  13. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    For a start I'm not stupid, and I think it shows exactly the type of person you are for calling me that. I am, in fact, the opposite.

Actually, when you say nobody would bat an eyelid, you are wrong. I would, and I know many others who would.

I already stated my opinion on the suggestion, it wouldnuse up time when people could just keep their mouth shut.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    I didn't say I was unaware of other beliefs, I simply stated mine. Just so you know, I'm atheist and not middle or upper class. I know different too, people here would say it is unacceptable

15. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    lol
    Im sorry, thought this was quite funny,

How many of the 7.125 billion people living in the world (stat from 2013) have you come into contact with to come to the conclusion that you know the vast majority do not care if you swear....

Yes you living in 20 locations over the world gives you a 'pretty good' representation of peoples views...

XD

#35 Mission001, Mar 2, 2016
  16. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    It's called a hyperbole. Look it up.

Feel free to compeletely ignore that large point 7 bold underlined italic red text, I'm sure it's not important anyway.

17. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946

18. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
    This needs to stop now. @TaylorBros22 stated his opinion, as did @kukelekuuk00, @Mission001 and @RyanBlocks2. You clearly have your different opinions on this matter but please, argue somewhere else. This thread was for thoughts on a suggestion, not for arguing. Any more arguing posts on this thread will be deleted and the user forum warned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  19. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    Our experiences is where we get our opinions. Now obviously this is not the only thing that leads me to draw this opinion. I'm not trying to give an accurate analysis of how many people view cussing as unacceptable but from my knowledge of the cultures and places I've visited ive drawn an opinion and one I believe is correct.

#39 RyanBlocks2, Mar 2, 2016
  20. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    What? Am i not allowed to disagree on a suggestion. This is the most potato thing I have ever read and I have rated it as such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.