[Suggestion] ItemShare for parties

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by riku1301, Jul 25, 2013.

1. riku1301

riku1301 Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ XIII
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +382
    Also I do believe there is a command along the lines of /party itemshare loot/mining/herbalism to control what is being shared

2. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Eh... personally I think this could go negatively in most cases. It makes a lot more sense to simply collect what you earn. What if someone finds something very useful ie: diamonds. They break the ore and their 3 party members get the diamonds whereas they are left with nothing. It just seems like other players could abuse it to get an advantage. Idk... maybe I'm selfish or maybe I am just thinking of a worst case scenario. Basically, I don't think it would help ECC that much, if at all.

Revanrose6

3. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    I have to disagree.
    If your 3 party members get 3 diamonds you will 100% get the next diamond.
    If all you found on a trip was 3 diamonds and when you got back, how would you spread the loot? Unless you wanted to keep all of it, this way seems easier. They can't abuse something that splits loot equally.

It makes it much easier to do, so I'd say it would help ECC.A

4. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    My only thought on the possibility of abuse is that it's no different then exp share its not permenant and party's should have trusted users within them. If I'm in a party or run a party I only want loyal people in it. Also if u want to go mining away from this you move 75 blocks lol just as if you wanted to train without splitting exp with that afk guy you went to another trainer. Anyway my thought is that if anything this is better then exp share easier to avoid just as easy to enable/disable and even better at deciding what to split and how to split it.

#24 riku1301, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  5. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    I dont think this would be a great idea.. I own a 200x200 farm that i use a lot, but i also have a friend mining under his town next to mine, if hes mining and im farming, my seeds/wheat whatever the case may be would go into his inventory and his stone and dirt would fill mine.. i say if you need the resources/money, that you should physically trade it between one another, that way people wont freak out that an item they want went to someone else and they wont give it back etc. I just think it would not be great in practice..

6. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470

You would of course turn off the feature whenever you didn't need it. As soon as the group mining trip is over, just turn it off.

I mean, it's perfect for those people that want to split loot evenly, but it's not perfect for all those that don't. If it doesn't work for you, don't use it.

7. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    I don't think you quite understand lol. This is a feature that A can be turned off B only affect party members C they must be 75 blocks away and D this is not a command that will be used to much, it's a command that a party leader will turn on do something with his clan turn off. In suggesting it I knew this would not be heavily used command but the amount of help it could provide when it does get activated is sensational. So for the most part this command will not affect any of you but for some people it will really aid.

Also you clearly haven't red threw the thread to make sure your not repeating something as I also stated that what is being shared can also be controlled so even if your farming within 75 blocks if your clan if they're doing a special mining trip things you get will not be split. Although you may get some o there mining stuff :D

#27 riku1301, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  8. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    I just dont see the point, the party leader could set loot sharing on and just afk next to his party members and be earning their loot and the party members wouldnt be able to do anything about it. I just see it being abused so certain people wouldnt have to work anymore, they can just mooch off of others hard work.

9. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Exactly what I was about to say.

It's a command a party leader can use to "steal" from his party members, it's just wrong.

10. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +175
    Well if that happens likely the members will get angry and leave. I think we should have the option for it.

#30 Nelsin, Jul 27, 2013
  11. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    It would be another reason for someone to post a complaint in the forums.. if someone in your party wants an item they can ask for it instead of the chance of taking it unwillingly from them. it would mean less sticky situations between friends and less drama, i still think that outweighs automatic sharing of items when all you need to do is talk it out..

12. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    I think if you don't want to share then don't join that team.

#32 Nelsin, Jul 27, 2013
  13. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    its wrong to change what i said and dont do it again, thats just disrespectful, immature, and you're taking away from the purpose of this thread, if you dont have something serious to add then dont say it.

And again for changing your post to make it show that you never did anything is immature as well. I'm sure the mods can see that.. If you dont have anything constructive to say for the thread then stop talking instead of trying to troll.

#33 Berserk_on_xbl, Jul 27, 2013
  14. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    I didn't do anything look at my comment u changed it.

15. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470

Well if your clan leader isn't "leader" enough for you, you can leave. I definitely wouldn't sit around and let my clan leader do that. And if your felt your being stolen from, then leave.

16. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    i just see the feature as a waste of time and effort, literally the only difference with not doing it is having to talk to the person leading the party about the items they want, and i forsee this issue of stealing happening many times and it would not only be wasting the individuals time but also the moderators, taking them away from more important issues.

#36 Berserk_on_xbl, Jul 27, 2013
  17. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    the feature is already in the plugin we have installed and as for stuff being stolen the same was thought about exp being stolen with the exp share so its only turned on when needed. I have said this at least a half a dozen times this is not a 24/7 command it will not be on all the time. It will be turned on for certain activities and turned off if you do not wish to be affected you move 75 blocks.

If you don't like the command you don't use it, it will have no effect on you, but for the 30 people who do want to use and find it useful they will be able to.

#37 riku1301, Jul 27, 2013
  18. Berserk_on_xbl

Berserk_on_xbl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    thats not how it works though, xp is not shared, its more given to another person, the person who does the action to gains the same xp as if he did it out of a party, the other person just also gets the same amount of xp. with loot sharing youre saying that they should basically duplicate the items the one person mines for the other person. and the near radius for parties is 200, im pretty sure
    at least im pretty sure the xp isnt split in half then given to the other people.. right? lol

#38 Berserk_on_xbl, Jul 27, 2013
  19. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    With loot sharing when you gain 3 diamonds and you have 3 party members, 1 diamond goes to each.

I don't gain 3 diamonds, and then 6 more diamonds appear out of no where and three go to each other.

20. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    Say I earn 100 exp and exp share is on I get a fraction of that depending on how many people are within 100 blocks that are in my party so if its only one other person we both get 50 exp, and people complained that they could be stealing your earned exp just like what your saying with items. So that statement is completely wrong

#40 riku1301, Jul 27, 2013